Skull/Skeleton fort issues!!

• Hi there! My name is fishsoups, and today my friend and I attempted a skull fort due to them recently returning. Now, neither of us are the greatest at the game, but we both experienced severe difficulty, worse than usual, on the fort.

For one, neither of us could leave the ship without immediately being shot full of holes by skeletons, leading to immediate death. Along with that, we each had a 50/50 chance of being able to grab supplies out of barrels once we spawned back in, as sometimes it wouldn't work and we would be stuck with relying on whatever we had in our inventories at the time. This was frustrating for both of us, as we were unable to pick up more bananas once we had run out.

We thankfully had no other ships attack us during the fort, but it took much longer than usual to finish it and had most of the fun sucked out of it, as the skeletons had suddenly been blessed by the heavens with godlike aim each time we set foot on the island. We also had an issue with skeletons clipping through objects, which at one point had led to me and my buddy stabbing a boulder for a few minutes until we finally hit the skeleton inside and were able to move onto the next wave (some had even clipped through the walls of structures, leaving them exposed but unmoving. Not gonna complain about free kills, though!).

As I stated before, neither me or my friend are the best at this game, but we used to be able to do forts with a level difficulty that was more "ah wow this is gonna be hard but the loot is so worth it" and a lot less "I'm gonna grab a cannon and sink our ship for them if I get killed upon contact with with the island one more time".

I know the forts were taken away recently due to performance issues, which is great that you guys took action, but I think there's a few more bugs that need to be worked out before skull forts are deemed good to go live. Thank you for taking the time to read!

Views
  • @fishsoups I think you just never got the godblessed Aiming yet before. Truthfully, pirate to pirate, they always had that aiming. We just threw it off to the side because we hadn’t experienced skeletons on moving cannons, aka skeleton ships. Those cannons had god aim but they moved enough that you didn’t notice until they were line down up with you. Thanks for trying to notify people that there was a difference but sadly this is not so.

• Step 1: Pick an angle to the Fort where you can avoid most of the cannonfire.
    Step 2: Go full speed at the fort.
    Step 3: Park behind a cannon tower, near a beach or patch of land accessible by skeles.
    Step 4: Send one pirate onto the Fort to kite the skeles back to the beach.
    Step 5: Pirate on ship blasts them with cannonfire.
    Step 6: ....
    Step 7: Profit

• Just run straight to the fort entrance and swipe the corner of the door, the skellies just walk into your sword. You only have to react for gun powder or metal skellies.

• @weststormborn I get that, but it was so strange seeing them aim so well even after a recent patch note had said that the accuracy on skeleton AI had been decreased. As for experience with forts, I've definitely done enough of them to know that not every fort has godlike aim for skeletons, but there's definitely times where they have a grudge against you and want nothing more than for you to get sent to the ferry at the speed of light. But despite that, there still were performance issues (skeletons clipping objects, being unable to pick things up out of barrels) that do need to be addressed.

• @fishsoups that always needs to be fixed one way or another, unless it is due to lag. Then it is out of the devs hands.

Views
1 out of 6