Cheaters taking over servers and buying / taking over boats!

• @katttruewalker not sure where to report cheaters but ive been playing sot long time i
    ran into 2 cheaters for sure [Mod edited] and [Mod edited] they made no sound getting out of the water onto our ladder and also lagged out 2 of us . also was there on screen one second then vanished into thin air. I've sailed for many hours over 5million meters sailed this was the first and only time ive come across this

• @fast-420 sadly, citing their names is not appropriate to the forum rules. I'd advise you to edit that out or perhaps a mod will do it for you. On the more relevant point though... your not discussing hacks by all appearances. Your discussing server issues and sound issues both of which are exceptionally common on the Seas. But, since there is more than a fair amount of reason to question that point in your view I am sure... I'd send your concerns to this address:

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000779227-How-to-report-a-player

• @fast-420

Ahoy mate, as mentioned above, naming and shaming is against forum rules, there are several ways in which to report players as mentioned by @Blooddoll22 in the post above this one.

I've edited your post to reflect the rules.

Witch-hunting and Call-Outs
    Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/45966/sea-of-thieves-official-forum-rules

• Personally, I would love to have a server full of mates in game. Of course we would help each other level up i mean that is the point of an alliance but the beauty of the alliance system is that it is set up for betrayal so not only could we all go off on our own and just grind out Athena's etc. but if we wanted we could fight each other also.

I mean we could so things like:

• Have great ship battles against each other
    • Have duels against each other
    • Have competitions, for example gather up a bunch of loot and have a tournament or something and winner takes all. So yes we till all get money and xp but the winner gets more, or we could disband the alliance so that only the winner and their crew gets it.

The point is, in my opinion anyway, Sea of thieves is a great opportunity to make your own fun and I think that is really the aim of the game, having more friends on the same server makes it more fun to me as we have so many more possibilities for things to do.

In my experience for the most part other crews in the game either do not want to alliance or purposefully sabotage you just because they can so I prefer to play with friend rather than randoms.

• I dont think OP understand how much time and work can go into owning a server sometimes.

• LOL, everyone was mad when a certain somebody was first to legend after "boosting". Rare now implements a Boosting system and entire servers are boosting each other.
    You have to appreciate the irony.
    Also, I've done it too.

• @boomtownboss a real Pirate legend gets his men to get him his booty

• @fast-420 sorry you had to edit i did not know that.
    my deepest apologies

• It's not cheating. You just said it took them hours to set complete the take over. They just earned it differently. You said you would have left but then the next log in would have had to deal with it. Deal with what? Getting paid for their boat? I deal with that.

• @crazyhazyuk The clan I am in does that all the time, except it is not done to "do Athena's quests".

This isn't cheating anyway. It is literally being smart.

We get multiple ships and do skeleton captains. When everyone on a ship has the commendation for the current skeleton crew, we rotate people until everyone has it.

Odds are there is nothing nefarious going on... This is a pretty silly complaint.

Views
72 out of 80