Original campaigns

• So I'll be getting Sea of Thieves in September.
    And was just wondering if I will still be able to play all the original campaigns, or will I only be able to play the new dlc? Cause I don't wanna miss out on a butload of content. Please help cause I've asked the rest of the internet with not really a good answer.

Views
  • @drkushuk You can and you cant lol. You can go around and find the journals for the hungering deep dlc but i dont believe you can do the questline for it and the time limited items are now gone.

Its basically the same for the rest of them aswell, you can go sit in the thrones and hit the statues and unlock some commendations but all the event items are gone that where exclusive to said event.

If i am being completely honest, dont just buy the game. If you can get your free trial on the Gamepass or buy a month to test out the game for yourself. I personally find SoT is a very hit and miss game for most people, some love it others hate it.

But like i said they do have a try before you buy option so i would 100% recommend doing that to anyone who is interested or still unsure if they should jump in. :)

• What @KnifeLife said. I'd recommend trying the game before buying it, as the previous campaigns are no longer able to be played unfortunately. So if that's a turn off for you, at least you didn't spend the money on it.

• @KnifeLife
    Thank you for you speedy response, it's very much appreciated. This is probably a stupid question, but will I still be able to do the pirates legend stuff.
    Also I will do the game pass thing, but just by watching the gameplay I know this will be my sort of thing. Bright colours and pirates what's not to love.
    I've been waiting for a good pirates game for year ever since black flag and that was a p**s poor attempt.
    You should add me on Xb live I'm gunna need somebody to show me the ropes, pun intended!

• @drkushuk Haha no worries, and yes you will be able to do all the pirate legend content, however currently there isnt to much so its not a game changer. I wont give you any spoilers due to finding things out for yourself ingame adds to the experience. :)

Your more then welcome to add me, i do jump on now and again not to much these days but thats a complaint for a whole different thread aha. But i might also recommend going to the looking for crew section of the forums. There are tonnes of differenr fleets for all types of play styles looking for people to join up and sail with. :)

Also if you wasn't aware there is currently an even active at the moment for the next two weeks called "Cursed Sails" since this one is still ongoing you will have the opportunity to unlock some Doobloons (Premium currency) and exclusive cosmetics which will be taken out of the game when the event finishes.

• @drkushuk the campaigns have time limit, however it's content is permanent..
    With this I mean to say, you'll be able to fight the skelly ships (not the way it's happening during the campaign), but you won't be able to pursue the mystery around Perry and Wanda (WarSmith), nor unlock the commendations, Doubloons and customizations around it.

• By September you would've missed three dlc's, The Hungering Deep, Cursed Sails, and Forsaken Shores. Not to mention at least two Bilge-Rat adventures.
    These are all limited time releases that introduce gameplay features that become a permanent part of SoT.
    Your missing a lot right now but when your ready to join, SoT will be much more fleshed out than when it launched back in March.

• @drkushuk The actual content of these DLCs stays in the game. What you miss out on are the events that Rare created around the content to introduce it, and some titles/cosmetics you got as reward.

• They’re not really “campaigns” in the usual sense, more like in-game events. The events introduce new content that remains in the game thereafter, so you’re not missing out on much. For example, you won’t be able to go out and hunt the original megalodon, but now megalodons are part of the game. The same goes for the skeleton ships.

What you will miss are some of the exclusive, time-limited cosmetics that have been released with each event. But that’s to be expected, and won’t affect your gameplay in the slightest.

One of the great things about Sea of Thieves is that from the moment you sign on for the first time, you already have all the same equipment and abilities as everyone else. All you’re lacking are flashy cosmetics. But the flashiest, most expensive pistol in the game fires just as straight and true as the humble sailor pistol you begin with. So you’re truly not missing anything, and will have ample opportunities to upgrade your own gear as you gain gold and reputation.

• @drkushuk
    I think there's a mosconception about the game's structure.

This isnt a game that follows a set story, in stead you and your crew are handed a ship and are set loose upon the world. At this moment there's an event going where skeleton ships will spawn on 3 of the corners of the map that you can fight. While these set locations to fight them will go away it's a mere introduction to the mechanic of fighting skeleton ships and the ships themselves will begin popping up anywhere after next week.

So, no you can't do the events anymore after next week but you can still get roughly the same experience. While people who weren't there during the hungering deep can't summon and fight the first megladon it's identical to the megladon's that spawn in the world right now.

Views
9 out of 10