Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2

• So yet again, my Windows store game files wont auto update to accommodate the new patch and since there is no option to check for or force an update to the game files I am unable to play, since I get a version mismatch notification upon launch.

Does anyone else know of a way Hack to force the update on my pc?
    I wish they would allow or implement a manual check for updates option on the store.

• This event was so awesome; I'm happy it's continuing for another week for whatever reason. It's just fun to do.

• @el-dunco yeah looks like the islands are in the wrong order.
    Should be:
    Shore of Plenty
    Ancient Isles
    The Wilds

• Anyone know what battles will be in week 4? Will week three be an extension and last 2 weeks instead of one (please!)

• @f1lthy-rich a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2 :

So yet again, my Windows store game files wont auto update to accommodate the new patch and since there is no option to check for or force an update to the game files I am unable to play, since I get a version mismatch notification upon launch.

Does anyone else know of a way Hack to force the update on my pc?
    I wish they would allow or implement a manual check for updates option on the store.

Yes, i had same issue, go to microsoft store, right top side corner there is 3 "..." click on it, then click on "download and updates", then click on "get update" blue colored box

(maybe its not exactly thoses names, i have the app in french)

I hope it will help you

• Does the extra week mean we'll get a chance to fight crews we missed? I never finished Fools Stride :(

• Anyone spotted Captain Warsmith on their voyages?

• I dont understand what the extra week means...what crews are going to be active during this week ? Rare is just doing this cause Forsaken shores is prolly not close to done

• Why add an other cursed canon ball related to emote again ? (dancing and now sleeping) the effets from the curses are the same... you need to wait till the end of the timer and pray to not sink during that time...
    Where is the one that lower the ship in water to force people to repair the upper deck ?

And for the one locking ressources barrel from the last week it should lock weapon box and amunition too.

• The only thing I’m not looking forward to is when players get their hands on cursed cannonballs. Of course we don’t know the specifics of how they’ll be brought into the world, but I still think it’s a horrible idea. It’s fine that the skeletons get these magical cannonballs to fire at players. It fits, it makes some sort of sense. But even if they justify them in the world for players from a lore point of view, it’s just going to ruin naval combat. I don’t want “magic” to play a part in PvP.

What will inevitably happen is these items will become an expected part of battle. Those that take the time and effort to amass them will always have an edge over people who don’t. Entering a game, you’ll no longer be on a level playing field because you won’t have these “magic items.” Those who have been in the game for a while will. I simply can’t foresee any way this will make the game better.

I hope I’m proven wrong, but I doubt it.

• @slave2thesave I think they are still off :P

• @el-dunco
    Hows that look? I double checked them against UTC and pushed them all back 2 hours

• I was a bit intrigued about the "quality of life improvement" to the "sensitivity settings".

I am on PC and logged on briefly earlier (just to see what skeleton crews were to be in which regions), and noticed that my mouse seemed a bit more responsive than I like, so I may need to dial it down.

But I wonder: Is this an attempt to level the playing field a bit for XBox players that complain PC players have an advantage? Does it now mean that they can dial their sensitivity settings up higher so that the controller seems more responsive?

Joe did not mention XBox vs PC explicitly but then, we would not expect him to, would we?

XBox players: Does this change make things better for you guys?

• I play on Xbox, and since I work 12 hours a day at the moment, I can only come online for about two hours, and it took an hour to download this update, but now the game keeps crashing in the middle of loading, and I'm not sure whats going on....restarted my Xbox and everything, but still the same issue...please don't say I have to re-download the game, I was really looking forward to playing tonight :(

• So how will this work @khaleesibot ? what Ships will be in week 4 or will they rotate?

Excellent question. Will it just be week 3 again or will they be cycling in some of the older ships?

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is when players get their hands on cursed cannonballs. Of course we don’t know the specifics of how they’ll be brought into the world, but I still think it’s a horrible idea. It’s fine that the skeletons get these magical cannonballs to fire at players. It fits, it makes some sort of sense. But even if they justify them in the world for players from a lore point of view, it’s just going to ruin naval combat. I don’t want “magic” to play a part in PvP.

What will inevitably happen is these items will become an expected part of battle. Those that take the time and effort to amass them will always have an edge over people who don’t. Entering a game, you’ll no longer be on a level playing field because you won’t have these “magic items.” Those who have been in the game for a while will. I simply can’t foresee any way this will make the game better.

Have to agree with you 100% on this one as I feel the cursed cannonballs going to be used by players and not just skeletons is a huge mistake. Seems like it will take away a lot of tactics and make it kind of like an online pvp game where people will just always spam them like grenades and grenade launchers to blast away for an area of effect. Just my thoughts on it, but if it's to some peoples liking then I guess so be it.

• @dunkachino1124 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@genuine-heather it adds variety to the game in weaponry and enhances pvp which needs to happen

That could be done far more effectively with other means. Introducing magic into naval battles is cheesy and can't help but create imbalance. There are all kinds of ways PvP could be enhanced without resorting to magic, and these could be equally available to everyone, just like the weapons and equipment we already have. There were real-world varieties of cannonballs, like grapeshot for injuring people without damaging the ship, or chain shot to destroy rigging and sails. We could have throwable powder flasks, an early form of grenade used in the Golden Age of Piracy. There are so many ways combat could be enhanced without "magic cannonballs." We'll just have to see how it goes, but I'm not a fan of "cursed cannonballs." I wish they'd just go away, in all honesty.

• @kraynou
    I got the same advice from the support team, but thank you.
    You were exactly correct.
    Bon Voyage.

• @khaleesibot ok cool

• @slave2thesave closer but still wrong...sorry man I feel like I'm making this harder than it should have been

• @musicmee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Anyone spotted Captain Warsmith on their voyages?

No... have you?

• @el-dunco
    Its all good man, with your help i will get it right, i think the image may not have updated when i edited my other post. Im going by UTC -5 for CDT, meaning it should be between 7-7:30pm for you now and the wilds started at 7pm? is that correct?

Sorry about the wrong times guys, i was originally converting from Aus/NZ times when i should have converted from UTC.

The times should be correct now if you can see 4-8 EDT as the time for Ancient Isles, I will repost them below just in case

• Corrected times for North America

• The 4th week rotation will be a repeat of Week 2 Times with Week 3 skeleton crews.

Source: Sea of Thieves Facebook official post

• @f1lthy-rich euhm, the windows store on pc has an updates section which has a button called “get updates” easy as that

• @perci-100 Well that's a start. However, I personally only really care for the commendations linked to the achievements.

• Where are the other players. I think the mistake here is that not alot of ppl use the in-game pocket watch. I log on and the wilds battle is just starting on the 20th I got in and loot up sailing to mauraders arch and I see No one coming to battle the skeleton event. I don't see anyone on the horizon just me waiting for another crew to ally with. Sadly this event is a failure. In my opinion they should just give us the bone crusher set.

• We will have to see how cursed cannonballs truly work out being added to the open world. I am ok with how they have been used in the Cursed Sails events fighting NPCs.

However, I do not believe it is a good thing to introduce anything that allows other players to remove the control of your character such as some of the cursed cannonballs can do. I also do not think that players should be able to use cannonballs that will drop anchors or raise sails either. The strategy of sailing, attacking, and swimming or jumping aboard to drop anchors is the way it should remain.

We have sailed the Sea of Thieves a lot so far. We have met some very nice players and unfortunately a lot of extremely toxic ones. A lot of bad player experiences has led to many players being very leery of trusting other players to make alliances already. It is not just players wanting to be pirates either. Many just want to ruin others fun for their own enjoyment.

I am fine with folks who what to play out flying the skull and crossed bones. Curse cannonballs may just empower the worst of the worst sailing the Sea of Thieves.

• @pvt-partts227 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Where are the other players. I think the mistake here is that not alot of ppl use the in-game pocket watch. I log on and the wilds battle is just starting on the 20th I got in and loot up sailing to mauraders arch and I see No one coming to battle the skeleton event. I don't see anyone on the horizon just me waiting for another crew to ally with. Sadly this event is a failure. In my opinion they should just give us the bone crusher set.

Sorry that you have had this kind of experience. I agree that there has been some issues, but I do not think it has been to the point of being a failure.

It is true it can be hard to find others to do the battles. We have done many of alone since Cursed Sails dropped using all three ships. However, we have also had a lot of fun being victorious with other crews in an alliance as well. One night after some player ships in the alliance were lost, many that had jumped aboard another crew's ship stayed aboard for hours to do voyages together on one ship.

The biggest issue we have seen is people not having the particular sails needed to earn all the achievements. The majority of players we have come across have not even known that they could get the three free sails and use them in the battles. Many did not know they could investigate what was going on to learn what was happening and earn them.

Players not knowing exactly what to do in events has been an issue in the past as well. So, maybe there needs to be a better way to introduce how players can get started in the events better.

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@dunkachino1124 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@genuine-heather it adds variety to the game in weaponry and enhances pvp which needs to happen

That could be done far more effectively with other means. Introducing magic into naval battles is cheesy and can't help but create imbalance. There are all kinds of ways PvP could be enhanced without resorting to magic, and these could be equally available to everyone, just like the weapons and equipment we already have. There were real-world varieties of cannonballs, like grapeshot for injuring people without damaging the ship, or chain shot to destroy rigging and sails. We could have throwable powder flasks, an early form of grenade used in the Golden Age of Piracy. There are so many ways combat could be enhanced without "magic cannonballs." We'll just have to see how it goes, but I'm not a fan of "cursed cannonballs." I wish they'd just go away, in all honesty.

I hear what you are saying and agree. I made a post about my concern as well. The cursed cannonballs have been fun battling the NPC ships. As I mentioned in my post I do not think players should be able to prevent other players from having control of their characters such as the drunk and dancing cursed cannonballs can do. Nor should they be able to launch a cursed cannonball to drop anchors or raise sails.

We shall see how it turns out. I am not sure it will bode well.

• @captn-stormrage said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is when players get their hands on cursed cannonballs. Of course we don’t know the specifics of how they’ll be brought into the world, but I still think it’s a horrible idea. It’s fine that the skeletons get these magical cannonballs to fire at players. It fits, it makes some sort of sense. But even if they justify them in the world for players from a lore point of view, it’s just going to ruin naval combat. I don’t want “magic” to play a part in PvP.

Have to agree with you 100% on this one as I feel the cursed cannonballs going to be used by players and not just skeletons is a huge mistake. Seems like it will take away a lot of tactics and make it kind of like an online pvp game where people will just always spam them like grenades and grenade launchers to blast away for an area of effect. Just my thoughts on it, but if it's to some peoples liking then I guess so be it.

Very well said! The cursed cannonballs should remain only as it is currently is in the game. They will most definitely be used and abused, even to the point on ruining the good momentum of where things have been sailing.

• @crowlikedream i agree with you, again it goes back to not having a bulletin board or something in the tavern, there is a lot of good ideas that other MMO's use that Rera seams to just not wanting to use. They(Rear) Assumes every one uses reddit or the forms, and they don't. The tavern at the Outpost need to be utilised more, and instead of BilgRat saying the same thing over and over, he could also give you some insite, maybe a rat icon over his head when he has somthing new to tell Pirates when they log in. I see someone mentioned empty servers, I had a Discussion about this, remember there is 5,000,000 people playing...lol, yeah right, i do think there is a Issue with the servers not grouping like they should, i have only ever see the server migrate message once, and i went from a empty server to a nicely populated server, This needs to be looked in to

• @b1gr0n1 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@crowlikedream i agree with you, again it goes back to not having a bulletin board or something in the tavern, there is a lot of good ideas that other MMO's use that Rera seams to just not wanting to use. They(Rear) Assumes every one uses reddit or the forms, and they don't. The tavern at the Outpost need to be utilised more, and instead of BilgRat saying the same thing over and over, he could also give you some insite, maybe a rat icon over his head when he has somthing new to tell Pirates when they log in. I see someone mentioned empty servers, I had a Discussion about this, remember there is 5,000,000 people playing...lol, yeah right, i do think there is a Issue with the servers not grouping like they should, i have only ever see the server migrate message once, and i went from a empty server to a nicely populated server, This needs to be looked in to

More use of outposts would be great. Having common, no fire ones as starting hubs where you can make alliances with other crews and sail out together would be awesome. A rat icon or even a rat that leads you to where to start things off for these events is a good idea and would help players a lot.

I think the 5 million is players who purchased and sailed at least once, not necessarily still sailing out there now. : )

• If more of the player base were into fighting these skeleton ships they should be logging on like I am to just battle skeleton ships for loot. But from the 3 weeks observing this event I find No one going to these event locations in all 3 regions. It's like No one knew there was an update or something it's like No one knows about the event. That's what makes it a failure in my book. Aside from being able to ally with other ships.

Views
1 out of 100