Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2

• @pvt-partts227 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

If more of the player base were into fighting these skeleton ships they should be logging on like I am to just battle skeleton ships for loot. But from the 3 weeks observing this event I find No one going to these event locations in all 3 regions. It's like No one knew there was an update or something it's like No one knows about the event. That's what makes it a failure in my book. Aside from being able to ally with other ships.

You are not wrong in your observations. One would think there would be more doing them. Maybe they were milking the glitched servers before they were fixed.

We unlocked the achievement for all three regions and to unlock all the item purchases by doing some battles alone, either with a crew of two or three. Still had battles with others though that was very fun. It would be nice if it was more like that though.

Alliance system has been a great idea and was really needed. However, we are seeing more players taking issue with they only get half the value of the loot from the biggest rewards like the fleet battles and skeleton forts. We always try to evenly split what we earn in those fights with others if an alliance is formed. We even do this if someone joins in late near the end of a fleet battle after we sank them all but one or defeated most of the waves in a fight to take a fort alone prior to their arrival. Just how we like to sail.

Regardless of how you extend an alliance there always seems to be those that just want it all.

• So far the cannons are still misfiring randomly. Aliance flags don't always render in correctly once an alliance is formed. Alliance pirates can kill each other in the legendary hideout. Loot from skellie captain ships taking to long to float up.

• @chitownsace3

They said september. And they'll put it as late as possible. The last day of september.

• Anyone noticed that graphics are more jerky after this patch? My fps is still the same though.

Game is not as smooth as it was pre-patch.

I'm running GTX 1080Ti and i& 7700k @5Ghz.

• @surveyorpete said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

I was a bit intrigued about the "quality of life improvement" to the "sensitivity settings".

I am on PC and logged on briefly earlier (just to see what skeleton crews were to be in which regions), and noticed that my mouse seemed a bit more responsive than I like, so I may need to dial it down.

But I wonder: Is this an attempt to level the playing field a bit for XBox players that complain PC players have an advantage? Does it now mean that they can dial their sensitivity settings up higher so that the controller seems more responsive?

Joe did not mention XBox vs PC explicitly but then, we would not expect him to, would we?

XBox players: Does this change make things better for you guys?

I tried both and didn't feel a difference. Playing at 100% on xbox or 100% on controller on PC, the rotation was not markedly different. On the other hand, 100% mouse is near impossible to play with without developing a nervous twitch! too fast. So I can't figure out what the point of the change was. And, NO it really didn't

• @b0gieuk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Anyone noticed that graphics are more jerky after this patch? My fps is still the same though.

I Think you need to upgrade your pc mate! that's old tech you have there.
    Kidding aside, I had a crash last night on PC for the first time in a while and some stuttering, with a PING in the 120-300 at times, and not the usual 50-70 ping.

• @x-crowheart-x said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

We always try to evenly split what we earn in those fights with others if an alliance is formed. We even do this if someone joins in late near the end of a fleet battle after we sank them all but one or defeated most of the waves in a fight to take a fort alone prior to their arrival. Just how we like to sail.
    Regardless of how you extend an alliance there always seems to be those that just want it all.

Oh how i wish we found you guys. Had a stocked galleon and allied with a Galleon already doing the ships (2nd wave). My crew wasted a lot of ammo but we finished the battle and as i was swimming down to get our share of the loot the galleon started laying into us. They held back and saved their ammo for this reason and while I swam and boarded and killed them pretty easily, (2 PLs on the crew too) our ship was lost with no resources. I dumped as much loot as i could overboard but they all spawned in and killed me.

Bottom line yes, they long conned us and executed it well, but I should have known not to ally with a crew that was half PL's as the rep gain does nothing for them. Greedy #$%#. Lesson learned.

If more of the player base were into fighting these skeleton ships they should be logging on like I am to just battle skeleton ships for loot. But from the 3 weeks observing this event I find No one going to these event locations in all 3 regions. It's like No one knew there was an update or something it's like No one knows about the event. That's what makes it a failure in my book. Aside from being able to ally with other ships.

50 skellie ships is a grind! for what doubloons.... the first 2 ops with thrones and such were easy to sit down and do. The problem is time! To fight 5-6 waves of skeleton ships with 1-2 other boats takes the better part of an 1 hour and half. It's not like a skeleton fort. You have ot stock your boat, you have to travel to the right place, and hangout to try to alliance or go solo. so 300 cannon balls, 100 plank, 50+ bananas and such is a lot of work for little reward.

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@x-crowheart-x said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

We always try to evenly split what we earn in those fights with others if an alliance is formed. We even do this if someone joins in late near the end of a fleet battle after we sank them all but one or defeated most of the waves in a fight to take a fort alone prior to their arrival. Just how we like to sail.

Oh how i wish we found you guys. Had a stocked galleon and allied with a Galleon already doing the ships (2nd wave). My crew wasted a lot of ammo but we finished the battle and as i was swimming down to get our share of the loot the galleon started laying into us. They held back and saved their ammo for this reason and while I swam and boarded and killed them pretty easily, (2 PLs on the crew too) our ship was lost with no resources. I dumped as much loot as i could overboard but they all spawned in and killed me.

Bottom line yes, they long conned us and executed it well, but I should have known not to ally with a crew that was half PL's as the rep gain does nothing for them. Greedy #$%#. Lesson learned.

Maybe one day the winds will bring us together.

I posted earlier today elsewhere in the forums it would be nice if a whole crew on a ship could join another ship on the same server. Similar to how players can join other players on a ship.

It would make forming alliances so much better. Especially when you have sailed with them before and earned each others trust. Also talked about more use of outposts where alliances of multiple ships can be formed to set sail together. It would sink a lot of the frustration and negative experiences out there.

• @b0gieuk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Anyone noticed that graphics are more jerky after this patch? My fps is still the same though.

Ever since cursed sails came out the game has been running jittery

Also they changed the audio on arriving to a new island and entering the ferry of the damned... The bass is way to loud lol. I like bass but not this much lol. My base tube rumbles my whole apartment and gives me a headache when I wear my headset lol. Can we get an option to turn this c**p off.

• @x-crowheart-x
    Thus far I have exprienced only cooperative crews for the cursed sails event.... until yesterday. It started nice enough. we joined with a brigantine, with an existing alliance of 2 galleons and another brigantine. The battle went pretty well, and we managed to defeat the Captains ship.
    Everybody dropped anchor to loot and then sudddenly, one of the galleons opened fire on the rest of the fleet. We and the other brigantine managed to get away, the friendly galleon was sunk. We hadn't the resources anymore to fight them, so we decided to run away and cash in our loot. The traitor ship kept in the alliance to get a part of the loot and then left the alliance.
    We decided to meet up with the friendly galleon and take the traitors together. But we where at a disadvantage. The traitor ship is no longer visible on the map, and we had a hard time finding them. They already had delivered most of their loot.
    It think the alliance system is great, but should make betraying less easy and rewarding. People will betray you because they will get more loot that way. You could remove that intent by giving everyone 100% of the collectively turned in loot, but it IS a pirate game after all.
    But it should come at a prize.
    Fallout 76 has about the right idea in their view on PvE and PvP. You could do the following in SoT: When in an alliance and somebody starts shooting other ships, and drop out of an alliance, they should stay visible in the world map for the ships that were in their Alliance, but making them blind for their former allies.
    You could even make it more rewarding by putting a prize on their head when you managed to sink them, to be paid from their own coins ;-). I do realize that such a system could perhaps be abused in ways I cannot think of now. But I think you get the idea: make such betrayal come at a higher risk.

• @sprungnickel427 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@pvt-partts227 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

50 skellie ships is a grind! for what doubloons.... the first 2 ops with thrones and such were easy to sit down and do. The problem is time! To fight 5-6 waves of skeleton ships with 1-2 other boats takes the better part of an 1 hour and half. It's not like a skeleton fort. You have ot stock your boat, you have to travel to the right place, and hangout to try to alliance or go solo. so 300 cannon balls, 100 plank, 50+ bananas and such is a lot of work for little reward.

Oh yeah you obviously weren't around durring the hungering deep update. We all allies with crews then to take down the megsladon and guess what we got.... nothing no loot nothing. Atlrast you get loot. The skeleton ships have more loot than forts I bring back over 20k in gold from one skelly battle.

@sprungnickel427 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@pvt-partts227 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Oh yeah you obviously weren't around durring the hungering deep update. We all allies with crews then to take down the megsladon and guess what we got.... nothing no loot nothing. Atlrast you get loot. The skeleton ships have more loot than forts I bring back over 20k in gold from one skelly battle.

I killed Meg. You bet I did. Got the scars to prove it.
    Meg took 20 min to defeat. Most time consuming part was getting a 5th man and traveling from Shark Bait Cove to SE part of the map, playing that wretched song. Still all told less than 1 hour to do. Athenas are usually 2+ hours too

• Do we know what ship battles will be available in the 4th week? @khaleesibot

• @risingfawkes They're extending the campaign by a week to provide time for people to get missed commendations but there is not additional content for this campaign planned for the extra week.

• @slave2thesave Thanks. I am now overcome with grief, as you've confirmed for me that I will not get a second chance to take down Fools Stride :'(

• @khaleesibot This is such a frustrating game. I love it, but really am so frustrated. Finally found people to sail with to do the shores o plenty, which has the terrible time slot this week, and kept getting disconnected during the fight. Had been on for 4 hours, had 10 minutes left until it despawned, finally got back in, the very last ship was a bucket or 2 of water from sinking, and it despawned, with 3 hours(3 real time minutes) left in the day. What a c****y experience. Same type of c**p that caused me to not get the Ancient Isles commendation during the 1st week.

• Rare you need to add the following items to your to fix list.

1. Barrels of plenty despawn as soon as you jump off your boat.
    2. Crash to desktop when firing cannon.
    3. Unlootable barrels on islands after pvp fight.
    4. Unable to turn in loot at outposts npcs (so far has happened at Plunder Outpost, and Golden Sands) until you die then you can turn in.
    5. Extreme lag on servers (200-600 ping spikes), and studdering. If you enter and exit a cannon it helps with the issue.
    6. Inside cannon noise when fired from cannon.
    7. Bass boom as you approach island is rumbling my bass tube crazy and annoying in headphones. Not necessarily a bug but damn its annoying.
    8. Gray screen then crash to desktop after taking mermaid.
    9. Friend did sleep emote. On my screen he is still standing up. On his screen he's laying down.
    10. If you shoot barrel while a person holds it on main mast of brigatine. It doesn't kill player and barrel blows up under ship. Instead of up on the mast.
    11. Galleon sails faster into head wind if it puts the sails directly forward. Same applies to sloop.
    12. Drunken sailor song continuws to play continuously after turning in or aqcuiring a thousand grog chest. Only way to get rid of song is to relog.
  • @b0gieuk i was getting the same issue today, almost like the DPI on my mouse was off

• I see there are still issues with the game.

During the battle of Ancient Isles on 8.19.2018 at 2:13 AM we completed the final battle for the Isles. And suddenly I get a *&(beard. We got the commendation for doing so but we lost 4 chests, 2 skulls and ancillary treasure. I have never been so disappointed with this game. To do all that work and due to some bloody issue with either the server or the client that is lost to me. I'll not get my time back, nor ….. this is just a c****y situation.

If this sort of thing has happened to you then please upvote this.

Thank you.

1. When taking a mermaid you span on. A nearby island instead of your ship. This especially happens when fighting skeleton ships.
    2. Cannon reload bug. You hear the sound of the cannon but it didn't reload.
    3. You fire cannon and hear the sound but no cannon ball was fired.
    4. If u right click plank prior to repairing your ship. It doesn't make the repairing sound anymore.
  • Where does week 3 cursed ships appear?

• @aaronblueeyes said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

Where does week 3 cursed ships appear?

Go back to the first page and you'll see the time table for the event.

• @admiral-rrrsole no where not when, I’m in Ancient Isles region near sharbate but no ships

• @aaronblueeyes Right now the event is at "Shores of Plenty".

You would have seen that had you done what I said in my previous post.

1. Extremely long load times when taking mermaid back to boat. I could hear my boat creaking in audio. Typically load time is 5 seconds. Sometimes 20 to 30 seconds which could be a game changer.
    2. Character spawning in and when u walk ur character is leaning. U are unable to walk over steps in terrain. If u do an emote it cures the problem.
  • So more strange issues :

1. When poisoned by a snake and you die when you load into the ferry the screen edge is still red until you load back in game.
    2. Mermaid spawns are way off either halfway between you and the ship or on opposites sides of the island.
    3. Black screen lag is back and taking forever to load in or warp back to your ship when taking the mermaid.
      4 . When shooting at a barrel skellie from behind hits on the outer edges of the barrels do not register.
    4. Skellie ships have random lock ups and causes you to sometimes exit the area and come back in for the captain to spawn.
    5. 45 degree "gangster lean" randomly on characters when you spawn back in.
    6. Cannons still misfire or smoke effect when firing randomly disappears. Fix is you kill yourself and spawn back.
  • They really messed up this event making it time specific. Atleast let us who have the doublones to actually buy the stuff from bildgrat

They really messed up this event making it time specific. Atleast let us who have the doublones to actually buy the stuff from bildgrat

Agree. They said they wouldn't do it in the future.. but the damage has already been done. I wish this event was over but we have to endure it one more week.

Think I'll play another game while we wait for forsaken shores. Hopefully they'll polish all the current bugs by then too.

• @mceagle76 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.2:

@x-crowheart-x
    Thus far I have exprienced only cooperative crews for the cursed sails event.... until yesterday. It started nice enough. we joined with a brigantine, with an existing alliance of 2 galleons and another brigantine. The battle went pretty well, and we managed to defeat the Captains ship.
    Everybody dropped anchor to loot and then sudddenly, one of the galleons opened fire on the rest of the fleet. We and the other brigantine managed to get away, the friendly galleon was sunk. We hadn't the resources anymore to fight them, so we decided to run away and cash in our loot. The traitor ship kept in the alliance to get a part of the loot and then left the alliance.
    We decided to meet up with the friendly galleon and take the traitors together. But we where at a disadvantage. The traitor ship is no longer visible on the map, and we had a hard time finding them. They already had delivered most of their loot.
    It think the alliance system is great, but should make betraying less easy and rewarding. People will betray you because they will get more loot that way. You could remove that intent by giving everyone 100% of the collectively turned in loot, but it IS a pirate game after all.
    But it should come at a prize.
    Fallout 76 has about the right idea in their view on PvE and PvP. You could do the following in SoT: When in an alliance and somebody starts shooting other ships, and drop out of an alliance, they should stay visible in the world map for the ships that were in their Alliance, but making them blind for their former allies.
    You could even make it more rewarding by putting a prize on their head when you managed to sink them, to be paid from their own coins ;-). I do realize that such a system could perhaps be abused in ways I cannot think of now. But I think you get the idea: make such betrayal come at a higher risk.

First off the game is called Sea of Thieves, and not Sea of Friends for a reason, and the game designers were well aware of this particular situation happening as they talked about it before hand, and secondly the game is still called Sea of Thieves, not fallout 76 so it is what it is. Pirate up, and stop whining I got betrayed more times than I could count, but the difference is I got even not mad.

Views
99 out of 100