Event clues and journal alternative.

• Throughout the entire game map you'll find these "journals" that have one sentence per click. I find these unimaginative and boring.
    Some journals replace the message in a bottle whilst others are actual clues to the bi-weekly events.

Why must we sit trough this nonsense of click, click, click, click through each single line? It's pointless.
    I'm sure that I'm not the only one who skips through the lore simply because of how cheaply and unimaginatively it's implemented.
    I would actually read it if it were all on one or two pages of an opened book.

It would also save a lot of time too, especially if skeletons were spawning around you.

And what about the event clues?
    How many people have not received commendations for the events simply because they didn't do all of the steps in the correct order?
    Why not guide them in an easy to follow way, such as the quest dial?

This way they can do each step in the correct order without needing to remember every little detail of each clue.
    When one clue has been triggered, enable the next clue and so on.

Sorry, I meant to post these suggestions with the Hungering Deep.
    Maybe if I had, Rare might have put more effort into their so called "journals" and event clues.

PS. Sorry I only spent about 10 minutes on the images, but you get the picture.

Views
  • @admiral-rrrsole brilliant!

• @boldgame Thanks mate.
    It's not that hard. :o)

• Yes please (at the least the journals view). This honestly seems like something that would fit in with the feel of the rest of the game well.

• @admiral-rrrsole I know but simple ideas are sometimes the best!

• @Admiral-RRRSole good idea. I'd also like so to be able to keep all the journals that you've read in some sort of codex, like almost every RPG. The Witcher 3 codex is a recent one on a console that has a good interface.

Views
1 out of 6