I desperately need help!

• This is like my 20th request for help! I'm playing this game since December 2017 (I'am a pioneer), and i'm always frustrated while playing. Why? Because I randomly crash! Only a message appear "Video driver crashed and was reset!" I've read all this page (https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000490347-Troubleshoot-Driver-crash-during-gameplay) and followed every instruction with no results. Can someone help me with this? I've payed 70€ for NOT playing this game!
    If you can do something, anything, it would really help! Maybe I'm lucky and someone important will read this post! XD
    Thanks for reading this help request, Alex.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but since not even support helps me I thought it was the best choice.

Views
    bug
  • @pkam-alexperla Since you mentioned that you tried changing the lighting detail and it still didn't work, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Let me know how it goes!

I'll try helping you out whenever I'm on!

• To be honest (i play on pc and have 0 problems exept for FPS after the last 2 updates)

I think you shuld stop thinking of the game itself and start looking at your hardware (dont know How old your computer is)

But check so you have latest grafic drivers installed (If u do have latest maybe you have to delete them and reinstall a new fresch one)

Because update after update after update, something can go wrong, so sometimes u have to delete and reinstall.

But can you type what kind of pc u got and maybe i can help you out (need to know everything motherboard,ram,CPU, grafic card, ram jadda jadda

Hope i can help you out bud.

• Do you have a AMD card??? Well i found a Good topic in the Sea of thieves forum, that has to do about your problem but If i bring that topic alive again i can get banned from the forum so i wont do that but i Will se If i can send u the link

• @capt-soul-beard Sorry, but I've already tried with no results. :-( Thank you anyway! :-)

• @pkam-alexperla You can also try updating your graphics card's driver!

• @pkam-alexperla hey, make sure you've updated your gfx drivers first and foremost but also check any pc chipset drivers etc. it could well be an actual issue with your gfx card. there's software available that can stress test your card and report the outcome. maybe an overheating issue?
    i had a new gfx card with issues. after lots of testing including sending back for testing i took it apart and used my own thermal compound on the heatsink... worked like a charm afterwards.
    best thing is to go step by step and rule things out

• Hi @PKAM-Alexperla

Please let us know your full PC specs. From that point on we can try and see what's up.

• @alzheimeers Thanks for the intrest, i've already tryed to reset my pc, my drivers, etc, etc with 0 results and i've even tryed to change PC. The only thing left unchanged is the video card that is a AMD Radeon R9 270x, that is a bit old but works great with all the other games. The problem seems to be the video card as said in the link i've sent before. Thanks for your help! This mean a lot for me! :-D

• @siriondb I'll let you know as soon as possible, here is night and I think I'll go to bed! XD Read the other comment for more info :-D Thank you, really! :-*

• @pkam-alexperla I feel your pain homie. I preordered because the wife wanted to play as she thought it looked amazing. game comes out and none of my three pcs can support the video. freezes and crashes all the time so bad I cant even get past the select ship screen. we wanted to play together so I ended up buying a second XBOX One X. load up the game she plays for five minutes and says shes done with it as its first person only. I think she might have been tainted by Skull & Bones trailer from E3? good thing I still like the game and didn't end up dropping $$$$$ on a higher end gaming pc.

• There is a easy fix for this.

Go buy an XBOX One.

• Have you overclocked at all? I had to same problem till I toned it down a little /most of it

• @pkam-alexperla
    I used to get the same error during normal PC activities, nothing as strenuous as gaming.
    It would even happen on a fresh boot-up as soon as Windows started and it used to drive me mad.
    In my case, it was the auto update for the graphics / video drivers.
    Even with newer driver updates it still happened.

I eventually rolled back the driver update to an older version and manually installed the new driver.
    That solved the issue for me.

I hope it helps. :o)

• @pkam-alexperla Yeah i rly hope you can fix this bud! Dont want to leave anyone hanging!

• @pkam-alexperla Try underclocking the card if you can. I have this problem with my old Nvidia card. If I don't underclock it, it overheats and crashes.

• @bran-the-ent No overheating problem :-(

• @admiral-rrrsole I'll try :-)

• @ducklol1337 No overclock, i don't like that kind of things.

• @glannigan XD

• @iamwilliamb Sorry for you :-( But hey, the game is cool and I hope this will be solved soon! :-)

• Update all drivers...

BIOS
    CHIPSET
    VIDEO GRAPHICS ADAPTER

At a minimum.

• @pkam-alexperla said in I desperately need help!:

@iamwilliamb Sorry for you :-( But hey, the game is cool and I hope this will be solved soon! :-)

It’s all good, I’m happy with the game and just have three Xbox’s now. No worries

• @dunkachino1124 said

You understand sea of thieves wasn’t out in December 2017 it was released In March

You appear to have a selective reading disorder. This person was a "Founder" / pioneer for the game. Meaning they played the alpha (pre- release) stage of it.

@PKAM-Alexperla said:

I'm playing this game since December 2017 (I'am a pioneer)

• @dunkachino1124 said in I desperately need help!:

@admiral-rrrsole but beta was also released in March 2018 too fyi

Yeah I took part in the open beta but there was also a closed beta, before that, for a select few.
    The forum titles under each username / gamer tag on here give it away as to who has played which pre-release.

• @dunkachino1124
    I have found this for you. :o)
    It explains it better than I can.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/37621/criteria-of-founder/3

• @pkam-alexperla

I have experienced a ton of issues with this game playing on PC. A lot of times the Video Driver Crashed and was reset isn't a Video Driver issue at all. However, sometimes it is so we have to start there.

First, what current Graphics Driver are you using? It's currently safe to run the Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Optional. If you're not using that, do a "clean install" of this driver. Play and see if it crashes.

If you have two video cards and are using Crossfire that is most likely your problem. I had the same issue. It has nothing to do with the drivers, hardware, or anything like that. It's entirely the fault of lazy coding and rushed developing. Disable your Crossfire then attempt to play and see if that works. If not, go to the next step.

Next thing to do is to set your Shadows and Lighting in-game to "Cursed". Attempt to play and if it crashes again try the next step.

Now let's turn off your Shader Cache, change the Tessellation to "AMD optimized", and update to the forced Anti-Aliasing to use the In-Game settings. Do all of this in the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Click on the Gaming button at the bottom of the AMD CC, then Global Settings and make the changes. Try to play the game and if it crashes then go to the next step.

Sadly if you've gotten to this point we need more information. Bring up your Windows Events Viewer and list out the details of the error that is received when you crashed. Type in "Events" into the Search or Cortana bar. Then click the "Events Viewer" app. Click on Windows Logs and then Applications once inside the Events Viewer program. Play until the game crashes then refresh the page by pressing the "F5" Key while in the Events Viewer application. You'll see a red circle with a white exclamation point inside of it with the word "Error" next to it. Click on that then go down down to the information bar at the bottom of the screen. Copy and Paste the text contained in the "General" tab.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Views
bug
1 out of 27