Can’t climb ladders

• Has anyone else had trouble climbing the ladder to get back on your ship? I can climb it till I get to the top but when I’m at the top and get on the ship I fall into the water.
    No joke to get 3 chests on a sloop took me over 15mins.
    I haven’t really played sense the hungering deep. I was disappointed about how rare did that and the thrones and a few other things but this glitch or whatever with the ladder makes the game unplayable.i was on a dead server so i was able to turn 3 chests in but this continued on the next voyage I did and I quit playing for the evening.

Going to the ferry would get me back on my ship but still couldn’t climb the ladder.
    Moving the ship didn’t work.
    Changing servers didn’t work.only played on 2 servers though.
    Going to a outpost or different island didn’t work.
    Ladders on islands and docks work but not my sloop.

Has anyone else had this issue? How was it fixed if so?Is it my Xbox?the update?

If it’s the update I’m confused on how I can play in the event. Add this on top of the limited time each day to fight the skeleton fleets=extreme frustration and at times unplayable.

Views
  • @gdb071

In the past I have had that happen maybe once ever other day maybe. So 1 fall off the ladder out of 100plus climbs.
    Never 20 falls out of 20 climbs

• I just tried again today and I had the same issue. Anyone have any tips about this?

• @oakenosiris I cannot offer any tips but I can tell you that it has happened to me and was very annoying. It wasn't all the time. sorry thats all I can tell you

• I've had a few issues with it lately, it seems we've been getting a lot of bugs/glitches. One of our crew members was a bright green glowing skeleton for about the entire time also... It seems like we've been running into a lot of glitches

• Also, normally when I get into some of the glitches I go and kill myself or ask people to lock me in the Brigg ... Sometimes one or the other works ... sometimes I get stuck with a glitch for about a half hour to a hour ... Other then that I don't think there is any other way around it .... Have you tried jumping at all once you reach the top? Idk why I didn't think of trying.... It may not even work tho.

• At least it’s not just me.

• @m0ther0fall3vil

Yes I would try and jump at the top. Didn’t seem to work. Only thing that ended up working was to just keep trying. It seemed to happen more when I was carrying something.
    Skull,trinket,chest. It did it a little at a ship wreck but only a few times

• I have had this issues since day 1 of playing. I started back during the mermaid statues. Some days are better than others. I am playing at this very moment and just fell 17 times. I havn't even left the main port I started at yet....

• Constantly happens to me and has happened since release I definitely get very angry at this to the point where I stop playing because as soon as I'm at the top it shoots me to the water in my opinion the worst bug in the game and devs haven't done anything about it that I've noticed

• I have the same issue...it's not just you. I just reported it in support so hopefully they will work on it. I can't even play anymore because I get so annoyed...ugh

• I feel your pain. I had that happen once before and it was awful. I would try and climb my ladder like 20 times without success. It has recently started up again. It makes the game unplayable. I found a way to fix it the first time. It disappeared for over a couple months. Do 2 things. Power cycle your xbox or just completely unplug it for a few minutes. Also power cycle or unplug your router or modem for a couple of minutes. This worked for me. It must be a networking problem if that fixes it. I hope thiis helps. I will be doing this myself shortly.

• Had this problem sometimes, i guess it is something about lag.
    If i got that issue, i catch the ladder and wait a few seconds, if im still at the ladder i can climb up having no problems.
    Check ur ping, most times i got that issue while there is any autoupdate on my pc, sometimes i guess its a laggy server...

• I never had this problem in alphas and the beta. But lately it takes 2-6 times to get on top every time I try a ladder. Very annoying.

Views
14 out of 16