Still no mention of chatpad or keyboard support to text chat for Xbox One in the patch note ...

• 4 months later, still nothing... How long do we have to wait for it ?

Views
  • Good question. We were promised complete parity between platforms. Despite the various performance settings and all that PC has over console, we have yet to even have keyboard chat functionality on xbox.

• @pwn3d-l-inc Maybe because the Xbox itself just doesn't have full keyboard and mouse support?

• @murkrage I didn't ask for a full keyboard support, i ask for a text chat support, something that available in for exemple Gears of war 4 since day one.

• I just noticed that some keys works in game with the chatpad; space key make you jump ... sometimes, numbers make you switch items.

So it make no sense why text chat feature is not implemented in the xbox version!!

• That is, do you want them to stop all the cases and carry the piece of code from the PC version in xbox ?! Do you understand that this requires a large budget? You want to ruin the company? Leave hundreds of people out of work! Four million players without a game!

• I don't know, fam.
    I just hope they add full KB+Mouse support and 60fps mode for the X as soon as possible.

• @mr-grixa That some expensive Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v ! Hahaha

• Hum... still nothing for the build of this week ... T_T

• Hey guess what ? ... It's still not there as today ... I'm really sad :(

• Um, how's this? With this, I think that it won't be that far away for SoT.

• @galactic-geek Yeah I saw that, I was Hyped until @treefittymonsta on an other topic about M&K support told me that Joe on a live stream said that they didn't plan to support it but are looking into it.

Once again I just want text chat support, like Gears of War 4, Elite dangerous ...

It's so frustrating seeing the chat but can't respond to it and I bet it's just a switch to turn on for Rare devs.

Like Soulless Rager said, we were promised complete parity between platform. Turning off text chat for console players just make no sense really.

• Makes me upset that I already threw away my chatpad, though...

• And it's not like they can't do it because of hardware limitations :

• Chatpad input are already functional, we can change weapons with numbers on the chat pad and jump with space bar
      -Chat IS already here as we (console gamers) can see it !

It's just make no sense

• This thread has been locked for breaking the following rule.

Bumping Threads

Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting threads over one month old is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 15