Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.

• So I had a few of my friends ask me this and haven't seen anyone in the forums indicate it. So if you've been wondering how many Athena voyages you need to do to get to certain levels I've got you covered. I did some digging and got the numbers for exactly how many you'll need.

• Level 2
      Requires 3 chest
    • Level 3
      Requires another 3 chest for a total of 6
    • Level 4
      Requires 5 chest for a total of 11
    • Level 5
      Requires 7 chest for a total of 18
    • Level 6
      Requires 9 chest for a total of 27
    • Level 7
      Requires 12 chest for a total of 39
    • Level 8
      Requires 15 chest for a total of 54
    • Level 9
      Requires 18 chest for a total of 72
    • Level 10
      Requires 21 chest for a total of 93

There ya have it mates! A whopping 93 chest in total for 1 to 10. I hope this is helpful for anyone that didn't know.

Views
  • About 280 hours of grind. Fantastic! I think I will just let it happen as it happens.

• WTB letter of recommendation: Athena

• ...interesting

• Thank you for this information I found it very useful.

• No thanks. Won't be doing any Athena missions.

• How many legends actually go for lvl 10 Athena though? I hit legend pretty early and the grind wore me out.

• I wish we had more pvp objectives! Pvp is the best thing about this game... I wish they made us kill other legends for the Athena’s rep

• @ninjaloot i gonna make it im athena 8

• This is incorrect because the amount of Reputation you get from an Athena chest is not fixed. Higher value chests give more Reputation. I have had Athena chests range from 2100 up to 4600

• The gold varies but the rep does not. It is clear early on when everyone needs two chests plus just a little more to hit level 2.

• @chalkyhotdog sagte in Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.:

This is incorrect because the amount of Reputation you get from an Athena chest is not fixed. Higher value chests give more Reputation. I have had Athena chests range from 2100 up to 4600

But the difference in rep is very small...all together you'll need between 92 and 100 chests

• @ghostpaw your incorrect Matey I have tested it. Also applies to Non Athena chests of the same type give more rep if they are worth more gold.

• Can be done in 93 hours.... if you have the right crew and tap and dash the gold hoarders. Still a massive grind though :P

@chalkyhotdog Nope it's been proven that all chests of the same type give the same amount of rep, just the gold varies.

• Thanks for this! I’m sitting at 3/93 so I still have a long ride until I can have the entire ghost set.

• @mc-rossco Thank you. Was about to write that.

The only turn-ins with a "varying" amount of reputation are animals and kegs depending on whether they are requested or not.

• @ninjaloot said in Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.:

How many legends actually go for lvl 10 Athena though? I hit legend pretty early and the grind wore me out.

same. after hitting PL mostly solo, all I want to do now is make some gold and sink some ships. although, Athena quest are a good way to make some gold but I just never finish them. you should get rep for clearing a node off the wheel.

• @marsmayflower you do athena solo??

• @dcr-lt-kanada yea, but I don't finish them. I just get the quick cash.

• @marsmayflower well power to ya. But also with the alliances those numbers aren't as accurate anymore I don't think.

• @dcr-lt-kanada said in Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.:

@marsmayflower well power to ya. But also with the alliances those numbers aren't as accurate anymore I don't think.

It's still "chests handed in" that doesn't change. The alliance is just changing how fast multiple hand ins could be gaining rep. In the end in or out of an alliance you've still been tracked for the determined amount of chests.

• @tre-oni it has actually changed slightly though, as you only need 92.5

• @dekeita a .5 difference?

• @dekeita half-chests are super rare, though.

• @dcr-lt-kanada

Very useful list indeed, one to bookmark methinks.

• and for those of us with lives (no offense seriously), family, kids, jobs, homes to take care of... unattainable. all i want is the figurehead. Could care less about the noob-coveralls

• @vapor1080 said in Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.:

and for those of us with lives (no offense seriously), family, kids, jobs, homes to take care of... unattainable. all i want is the figurehead.

I have a pretty full life (family, job, home, grad school) and I'm well on my way with Athena rep. You have the same 168 hours everyone else gets each week. If you want the results you will have to do the same thing others did to get it (no offense seriously).

• @ghostpaw you must be commenting based on handing in chests with an alliance of 5 other ships doing the work for you lol

• @vapor1080 Obvious baiting. Sorry. Not interested.

• That half a chest ruined the game!!

(lol, sorry, it just seemed like a funny line I needed to say. It was that or, "That half a chest ruins my imerssion!!").

Anyway, I love this list, but hate seeing it laid out for me, as well, haha. I don't want to think about how many more hours it will take me... :D

• 280 hours, if you can do them in 3 hours avg. I've had voyages last 5 hrs because of dealing with attackers. Whoever on the SoT team said, "hey here's what legends will do, 5 hours of grinding per mission, 93 times over". That person, I want to find on the Sea and sink him or her 93 times for 300 hours.

• @pdt-mindstream Glad I could bring you joy and dread all at the same time lol.

• @tre-oni said in Here's how many Chest of Legends You'll need.:

WTB letter of recommendation: Athena

what is this?

• @yoitsdeadpool

Once you've accumulated a good number of Doubloons from the Bilge Rats, you're able to purchase Letters of Recommendation, which will boost your reputation with any one of the Trading Companies in game, at the current time, you're not able to purchase one for Athena voyages.

Views
1 out of 40