Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8

• @darthnave said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@xcalypt0x it's up on https://www.seaofthieves.com/campaign/Cursed-Sails

Thank you very much :) Not sure how I missed the announcement about this lol.

• I just spent about 800k lol should of waited

• @barnacle-blake Awww no :( Best get a tonne of those gold hoarder voyages done before next week ;)

• Known Issues

• Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.

This started happening after the patch that introduced "better collision with obstacles" to keep players from falling through the sides of the boat. From trial and error, you travel in an unintended direction when aimed at extreme left-right angles. That said, it would seem the player is deflecting off of a collision point from the boat while leaving the cannon. The same issue explains the errant cannon shot that leaves the player flying straight up into the air as well.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Patch Notes - 1.1.8

The Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure has ended, and the Sea of Thieves faces an unusual calm.

Aww I was really hoping like the GP skellies that the statues would stay in game but just have a reduced spawn rate. It would be nice to have a bit of extra loot spawn around the statue and people would still be able to get the title even if we can't get the extra doobles.

The Sunken Curse introduced loot spawning under water but is this going to be a regular thing going forward or was it just in connection to the mermaid statues? Rare was not clear on this. If not I would suggest the above, as it would encourage more exploration if we came across the sound queue for a statue. This game still needs all the reasons it can get for exploration, seems a waste to just never see them again.

• @fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Word in the taverns is that shops across the Outposts will soon be lowering their prices to encourage sales, so clever pirates may wish to save their coins…

Oooh that sounds nice, soon will probably be next week then :)
    Good to know, I'll keep the coins in my pocket!

As of this patch or the DLC?!

• Lots of challenges this morning on my Xbox One. First would not acknowledge that an update was needed...then lavenderbeard, after a system reboot then update needed but we can't get it right now, another reboot then the update showed and installed, then now back to an update is needed and we can't get to it right now. Multiple reboots and that last one is here to stay awhile. Patience is a virtue! :-D

• Anyone else notice that the shadow skeletons still have default colored eyes when you flash them with the light, regardless of their designation?

• Damn, they don't let the rewards for the mermaid statues...why? It was a good another way to progress...

I'm disappointed.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Word in the taverns is that shops across the Outposts will soon be lowering their prices to encourage sales, so clever pirates may wish to save their coins…

This is peculiar. Almost every PL i've spoken with complains of having too much gold. Why would they lower prices? Unless they plan on adding a truckload of new cosmetics?
    I'm 46/42/48 and I just about bought everything I want in my 30's.

• @m1sterpunch I think "The Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure has ended" just means you can't get dubloons for them. I'm 99% sure the underwater loot system will remain.

• @karms-runestone sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Known Issues

This started happening after the patch that introduced "better collision with obstacles" to keep players from falling through the sides of the boat. From trial and error, you travel in an unintended direction when aimed at extreme left-right angles. That said, it would seem the player is deflecting off of a collision point from the boat while leaving the cannon. The same issue explains the errant cannon shot that leaves the player flying straight up into the air as well.

if(playerInCannon) disablePlayerCollision(ship);

There, fixed it. Only took me ten seconds and not seven weeks.

• @fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

I just blew 600K on the legend sails and hull! If they are discounted, I'm gonna be a sad panda.

• @fenderbendur said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

This is peculiar. Almost every PL i've spoken with complains of having too much gold. Why would they lower prices? Unless they plan on adding a truckload of new cosmetics?
    I'm 46/42/48 and I just about bought everything I want in my 30's.

We’re not all stinking rich pirate legends, ya know? They had me at sale! Woohoo!

• @guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Known Issues
    -Inclined characters that bothers you while walking.

no way, that is hilarious. leave it in!

• @x1-two Except the player collison happens AFTER you are out of the cannon, shooting out.

You can't have cannon flight not hit ship, otherwise you couldn't be able to land on another ship, you'd clip through it.

They probably have to adjust something about the Ship's hidden geometry if it is actually what is causing the player to shoot in an odd direction.

Honestly, it is probably low on the priority list considering it is not a consistant or major issue that breaks the game.

• @khaleesibot thw sunken cursed ended, but where is Duke?! 🤔

• @puck269 You really only have to disable ship collision for a fraction of a second, until you passed your own hull. It might actually be wanted behavior that is relevant to cursed cannonballs. That is one of the few reasons I can think of why it is still in the game.

• ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR
    Erreur "Lavenderbeard"
    Imposible de jouer, je nai pas eu la mise à jours... et impossible de la lancer...
    Aidez-moi svp

• @nunoazuldimeter said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@khaleesibot thw sunken cursed ended, but where is Duke?! 🤔

Yah... I was going to buy some items with my dobloons. Where is the dobloom vendor guy? Need to buy this commendations.

• @x1-two said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@karms-runestone sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Known Issues

if(playerInCannon) disablePlayerCollision(ship);

There, fixed it. Only took me ten seconds and not seven weeks.

Pfft this issue has been in the game more than seven weeks.

• @godisbackfr éteinds la console et rallume la. Ça m'a réglé le problème chez moi.

• So in short nothing new. Also the weekly quests (more like bi-weekly) we we're supposed to be getting aren't happening this week.

Not to mention to get the game not working I had to spend a half hour figuring out W*F Lavenderbeard was and how to fix it.

Not a great start leading up to "Cursed sails".

• @khaleesibot Please fix the cannons...

• Sigh.....

• Where the cursed sails at?

• @howdoishoot926 Ahoy matey!

The Cursed Sails don't reach our shores until July 31st 4PM BST! Yes, those skeleton ships are that accurate!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/en/campaign/Cursed-Sails

• @marsmayflower dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Known Issues
    -Inclined characters that bothers you while walking.

no way, that is hilarious. leave it in!

If you play many wou will notice it is not. When happens to you your character is glitchy, you suffer rubber band, teleports, etc. In a fort or doing PVP it bothers a lot.

• @wipe-nd-clean yeah sound, bit of cheese and gravy while you're at it mate!

• @howdoishoot926 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Where the cursed sails at?

The future.

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Lol. I just spent like 200K. I didn't need anything. I just wanted to spend me coin. I wonder what's coming?

Same i just spent 210k yesterday 😭

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@flippin-loud said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@ant-heuser-kush said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Lol. I just spent like 200K. I didn't need anything. I just wanted to spend me coin. I wonder what's coming?

Same i just spent 210k yesterday 😭

Yeah, I caved in and purchased the shark hunter hull and the skull figurehead that's 140. I then went and purchased the entire admiral outfit, the black and yellow one. So I'm somewhere around 200K. I could have had like 600K saved up. 😭

I had 1.1mil, bought the lvl 50 oos boat, sails, and figurehead

• Dudes! Go to Wandas shop in Golden Sand Out post! It shows cursed cannonballs on the shelf, Wanda is a bit skeletal and on top of the shop is a skeletal crow that talks! Hype is real!

• @ant-heuser-kush yeah i love the oos boat! One of the prettier ship skins for sure, and hell yeah!! I cant wait for the new legend skins!

• If you look closely at the cannonballs, they look very similar to the red ball in the e3 trailer as well as the uses. Broken legs, getting drunk, and the sails going up. Cursed, indeed!

Views
1 out of 103