Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@flippin-loud said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@ant-heuser-kush yeah i love the oos boat! One of the prettier ship skins for sure, and hell yeah!! I cant wait for the new legend skins!

Better have me on your crew one day so we can sink some ships :) You can wait until I'm Legend so I also have nothing to lose. Haha!

Of course bud!! Whenever u wanna sail lmk i got a great group who get along with literally everyone

• @urihamrayne I think its great. I mainly solo. I have called for back up and had some one else call for backup. I think if you are out at sea and some one joins your game during battle or not they should spawn in the brig or on the nearest island. They can mermaid or be let free after two minutes. If you cant sink me in two minutes after my mate joined in the brig I get a new crew mate. If I soloed a 3 man galleon. Is it right for a fresh spawn to be somewhere on deck that I did not know about to blast me? Is it right if my sloop is sinking and you just killed me for another crewmate to just pop up on the ship and fix it before I am released from the ferry of the damned? No its not right. I actually think it should be the regular if someone joins you. YO DEVS, YOU HEARING THIS? ITS A GREAT IDEA.

• @guepard4 easy fix. go into the water and swim back out. EZ true it should not be a problem in the first place but it is. there is your temp fix till they get to it

• @khaleesibot Does the game automatically update?

I'm not seeing anything mentioned in the install instructions for PC in my Microsoft store page, no library, nothing. At the game page, it just offers "play on PC" as an option, not "install".
    I suppose it's already updated?

• anyone else getting lavenderbeard on xbox?

• @mynuku "it's not a glitch, it's a feature!"

this is some next level apologism

• @marsmayflower right. Was suppose to be this month, though.

• @musicmee ah. Well, that works. Figured we would have had to wait till next thursday which would be the 2nd.

@ant-heuser-kush said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Word in the taverns is that shops across the Outposts will soon be lowering their prices to encourage sales, so clever pirates may wish to save their coins…

Oooh that sounds nice, soon will probably be next week then :)
    Good to know, I'll keep the coins in my pocket!

Lol. I just spent like 200K. I didn't need anything. I just wanted to spend me coin. I wonder what's coming?

Same i just spent 210k yesterday 😭

Yeah, I caved in and purchased the shark hunter hull and the skull figurehead that's 140. I then went and purchased the entire admiral outfit, the black and yellow one. So I'm somewhere around 200K. I could have had like 600K saved up. 😭

I had 1.1mil, bought the lvl 50 oos boat, sails, and figurehead

Do you like it? I almost got it, but the red figurehead goes better with the black hull.

Are you excited for the new legend ship? I am and I'm not even Legend.

Whoa. What new legend ship?

• @mynuku dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@guepard4 easy fix. go into the water and swim back out. EZ true it should not be a problem in the first place but it is. there is your temp fix till they get to it

Thanks, but at this point I think everyone knows how to fix it because this is bugged since the beta and they don't even write it in the "known issues"

• Nothing like a virtually pointless update breaking the game. Yay lavenderbeard.

• I'm in 🥰with the new in-ship water effects...

• Found a minor bug that is a flashback to the hungering deep.

If you go to golden sands and talk to the gold hoarder and examine his merchandise then exit, talk to him again and do the first option of his possible chats. You will be greeted with a notification that "The Hungering Deep" Begins - including the hungering deep logo - like you are visiting an island. :-)

Here is a capture of it:

• @rightybird Well spotted matey!

Make sure you report this as a bug using the link below so Rare can be made aware of it, and I am sure someone will take a look to fix this issue making sure you put a link to that clip in your ticket.

Submit a support ticket.

• Now also getting Lavenderbeard.

Lavenderbeard
    Can arise if new players are temporarily prevented from joining the game as part of an effort to resolve server issues. If this is the case, we'll get everyone back in and playing as quickly as possible! This may also be caused by antivirus/firewall settings, proxy servers or other network management/manipulation tools.

Please let me know when I should expect to be back on the waves.

• @musicmee Thanks! I just created a bug report for this. Thanks for the link.

@violentandroid said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@fishst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Word in the taverns is that shops across the Outposts will soon be lowering their prices to encourage sales, so clever pirates may wish to save their coins…

Oooh that sounds nice, soon will probably be next week then :)
    Good to know, I'll keep the coins in my pocket!

Lol. I just spent like 200K. I didn't need anything. I just wanted to spend me coin. I wonder what's coming?

Same i just spent 210k yesterday 😭

Yeah, I caved in and purchased the shark hunter hull and the skull figurehead that's 140. I then went and purchased the entire admiral outfit, the black and yellow one. So I'm somewhere around 200K. I could have had like 600K saved up. 😭

I had 1.1mil, bought the lvl 50 oos boat, sails, and figurehead

Do you like it? I almost got it, but the red figurehead goes better with the black hull.

Are you excited for the new legend ship? I am and I'm not even Legend.

Whoa. What new legend ship?

Not ship, just new cosmetics.

Sorry that's what I meant. I hadn't seen any new cosmetics yet...

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

Patch Notes - 1.1.8

The Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure has ended, and the Sea of Thieves faces an unusual calm.

Aww I was really hoping like the GP skellies that the statues would stay in game but just have a reduced spawn rate. It would be nice to have a bit of extra loot spawn around the statue and people would still be able to get the title even if we can't get the extra doobles.

The Sunken Curse introduced loot spawning under water but is this going to be a regular thing going forward or was it just in connection to the mermaid statues? Rare was not clear on this. If not I would suggest the above, as it would encourage more exploration if we came across the sound queue for a statue. This game still needs all the reasons it can get for exploration, seems a waste to just never see them again.

I believe, just like the GP skeletons, the mermaid statues, as well as the commendations for them will remain a permenant part of Sea of Thieves. The event ending just means you can no longer earn the doubloons for them, or get ahold of the wailing barnacle jacket/dress/hat.

I also think the underwater loot spawns will remain as well. I think that was just an improvement, and not actually event specific.

• @ant-heuser-kush my new best friend...

• @howdoishoot926 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

@marsmayflower right. Was suppose to be this month, though.

So July 31 isn't in July? confused.

• @marsmayflower check out my response to the moderator

• @howdoishoot926 got it.

• Refiring out of a cannon doesnt fix the noise bug for me...Entering a cannon then getting back out fixes it. also...this patch is pretty lousy. Nothing new...nothing major fixed...guess ill stay off this game till I see something good pop up. Are yall really lacking playerbase as to try and persuade us to get back on with decreased chop costs? lol...No thanks, maybe improve the core experience some more and I will get back on. Good luck!

I havnt played SoT in over a month. but I always get on to see patch notes and see if its worth my time. It isnt this time, sorry.

• Ran to the bug where your unable to pick up items out of barrels tonight. Multiple times. It seems to occur immediately after u sink someone and go to loot barrels on island. Quite annoying being at a barrel with ten cannon balls. U have none in ur inventory but can pick them up.

• @treefittymonsta er can't pick them up.

• "The Sea of Thieves faces an unusual calm"
    Got me like...

Kudos to the whole team at Rare, roll on next week :)

• I noticed they havent fixed anything that is a gamebreaking feature yet

• Our crew ran into a wonderful bug last night. In-bailable water. Every bucket thrown overboard refilled below deck. It was so fun......🙄

• the hype is real

• so most players might not want this to be mentioned but if you have a sorrow chest you can put in on the barrel right next to the planks and the boat wont fill with any water what so ever.

• @zipjade said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.8:

so most players might not want this to be mentioned but if you have a sorrow chest you can put in on the barrel right next to the planks and the boat wont fill with any water what so ever.

I would prefer if they fix the cannon firing in unintended direction prior to any other hugs that exist.

• @darthnave LOL I had that last night, and was freaking out looking in the water around my ship, though nobody was around at all.

I didn't mind it really... because I could hear the guys who just sunk us three islands away, and figured out where they were heading from it.

Bug F*W!

• @x1-two Wow, can't wait to play the game YOU develop, build and run in your multimillion dollar partnership with XBox and Microsoft...

Oh wait... you don't have one.

You're an armchair developer without a game of your own.

I'm pretty sure it's not so simple as "If this, then that" with this particular problem regarding collision.
    Colliders are not easy to program and get to function without issue.

Views
102 out of 103