Ebon/Midnight/Obsidian items?

• So we have seen an almost full set available to be gotten via varies means.

Ebon pistol - awarded to us for watching a stream
    Ebon blundar - buying the Sea of Thieves themed HDD
    Ebon Eye of Reach - E3 2018 DLC exclusive
    Ebon Drum - E3 2018 DLC exclusive
    Ebon flagon, shovel, compass, & bucket - Chips Ahoy rewards
    Ebon accordion, hurdy gurdy, full outfit with peg leg - pre-order bonus.

So all that remains is the hook, horn, and spyglass. But my question is thus. Will it be possible to get all of these items without having to resort to paying absolutely ridiculous prices on eBay?

Yes it can be argued 'well they are exclusive just like the black sea dog outfit'. Well.. After seeing said ridiculous priced dlc codes on eBay, I myself seriously do not mind paying said prices for these items.. Well, at least a decent portion. I do not know how many of you would rock these items, but I am sure a decent amount of you would. I would love to see a way for us to earn some these items or buy them in the form of a micro transaction in the future.

I know I don't speak for alot of you, but it borderline feels unfair because the E3 items went out to a small percentage of people. Just to turn around and find what was a free item to them, goes for 40-80 bucks on eBay. I spent $80 and got the blunderbus because I actually needed the HDD. The code was just a bonus. Then you see the chips ahoy items going for a package of cookies, only available here in the states(correct me if I'm wrong there). It's hard to justify spending so much money just for one in game item.

All I want, is a way to get these items in game without the absorbant borderline extortionist price on eBay.

This is purely my opinion. You can argue it if you want, but you will not sway me on it. I am a Black Sea Dog and I want me gear blast it! Nothing comes close to the way it all looks and in my personal opinion it's better looking than anything else in game. And if I'm gonna have to buy it? I would much rather that money go to the game itself for future content.

Rant over. You may commence with the arguments and burning me at the stake for my opinion lol

Views
  • I'm only missing the drum and the blunder so far. I too plan on buying the HDD but I'm on the fence about the drum.

• E3 and con codes that were technically free, probably..

I don't see midnight blunder, black dog outfit, chips ahoy, mercenary, or ferrymans being released for everyone, as all of those were pretty much tied to real world purchases as incentives to buy as well. Nor do I think they should be.

• We are also missing the Dress and the Watch. From a twitter post around E3, Rare stared that the Drum and Eye of Reach were timed exclusives.

I am sure they will resurface soon.

• @hazerblade said in Ebon/Midnight/Obsidian items?:

We are also missing the Dress and the Watch. From a twitter post around E3, Rare stared that the Drum and Eye of Reach were timed exclusives.

I am sure they will resurface soon.

I had a feeling I was forgetting something! But I do hope you are right and they surface again soon

• @dotcomrobots Yeah... wonder when this is actually going to happen.

• @xcalypt0x it wont. Otherwise it would have by now

• @dotcomrobots said in Ebon/Midnight/Obsidian items?:

just noticed this again, heres to the "near future!"

• @the-aussie-b holy necro. dont reply to threads that havent had a reply in over a month.

@Deckhands can we get a lock

Views
1 out of 10