My tale of a skull fort alliance

• With all the discussion on alliances, I wish to share my experience.

2 days ago my galleon of 3 people were on a skull fort. About half way though 3 ships sailed in together (2 galleons and a sloop). Out gunned they sunk us over the next half hour or so.

Instead of fighting them on the island I decided to try and blend in. With so many players these guys had no clue who was who. I faught beside them being careful not to die, but active enough that they saw my tag and assumed I was one of them. I knew my crew was returning from quite a distance away.

My goal was to grab the key and run, but I was too late. The guy picked up the key and wanted to come back later. I suggested to him that with the sunken galleon on its way, we should open and divide quickly. He agreed.

In the unorganized mess that followed I managed to hide the fort skull and chest. Continuing on, I got other items as well. This is when they got really mad at each other, both assuming the others had betrayed. While they began fighting among themselves my ship docked, loaded the skull, chest and about half the lesser valuables and sailed.

Sea of thieves is about piracy. I understand players wanting to work together, but I hope Rare remembers their promise to create tools to allow inmovative gameplay, and doesn’t start creating tools to remove it.

Views
  • So whats the Problem? They decided to ally only each other, u just outplayed them, good job nice pirating, go on ;)

• Problem is only if they destroy opportunities like this with the alliance addition in cursed sails

Views
2 out of 3