Crocodiles & More Exotic Wildlife

• They seem to go hand in hand with pirate lore.

Here's some ideas and detail as to how they might work in SoT:

1. They can "hide" in shallow waters just below surface, blending in with scenery, or peaking its eyes just above the water, "hide" in marshy swampy areas, on flat rocks out in open, or on sandy beaches. If a pirate is swimming on surface, he/she will not be able to see croc - only two little rock-like bumps sticking up out of water, or waiting just below surface. Pirates in boats, because they are at higher elevation, can see Crocs through water.
    2. If killed, Croc carcasses can be traded to a merchant for large sums (their hides are valuable). However, it should take two pirates to move a dead croc, or one pirate can move one very slowly. They are large and heavy.
    3. They are usually stationary or move slowly, but when provoked, by either being stepped on accidentally or attacked, they can charge short distances very quickly.
    4. They will chomp down on a pirates feet or legs and will not let go until hit a series of times over the head, then the Croc will let the pirate go.
    5. The longer a Croc has your leg/foot in its jaws, the more damage the pirate sustains, until eventual death. They can also drag a pirate under water to drown.
    6. Merchants should not accept any crocodile that has had its hide/torso damaged. Crocs should only be killed with quick blows to the head. Bullet holes and blade cuts on a Crocs torso will not be acceptable as trade.

I think they would make a fine addition to SoT tropical fauna and add some interesting problems and difficulties, as well as much needed variety in merchant products.

I'd personally like to see much more tropical wildlife too: parrots, tortoises, flamingos, lizards, geckos, etc

What do you think?

Views
  • I haven't thought about crocodiles being in the game, but it's a good idea, everything else about the mechanics of the carcass I don't care.

• Love the idea of crocs in the game! Give me that captain hook feeling!

Views
1 out of 3