Always Keep Yer Wits About Ye....

• ...and keep a keen eye on yer surroundings. Otherwise, I might get the drop on ye.

Case in point - I had a run in with a sloop crew while solo last night. They gave me a run for me coin when they began to attack while I was hunting for cursed statues.

I managed te patch up the ol'girl and attempt to give chase, but both ships got caught in a storm. Low on supplies, and with lightning striking dangerously close, I decided to keep on the chase.

We was rolling in the rough seas, and I could hear breaks in the hull....but I can't leave the helm or I'll lose them!

We kept on until we finally made it out of the storm. What's this? Neptune be praised! An outpost! The scoundrels were almost at the dock!

Alas, I had spoken too soon.... I heard the familiar sound of a wooden hull buckling under the weight of sea water.

I ran down below...2 planks left but 3 holes. I patched the 2 and bailed water ta buy me some time.

In doing so, I had veered off course, and was now near the other side of the outpost. I didn't have time ta turn back. I loaded up on ammo and food, aimed me port side cannon, and shot meself towards the outpost.

I landed short and had ta swim the rest of the way.

I managed ta get ashore and noticed that they still had not cashed in the loot. I could hear them talking. They was talking about me sloop. About how it sank. One of them sez "I saw him shoot himself towards us, but his aim sucked".

The other said " Yeah I saw. The sharks probably got him though".

They figured they was alone, so one of them started drinkin' while the other brought items on deck. That's when I saw them...those beautiful, bright red barrels o'death. They was just sitting there!

Damn! I don't have me eye of reach!
    I started to sneak closer, from one building to the next, but I need ta be careful & not be seen!

I ran up an hid in the tavern. It was on a higher ledge than the shops an beach, with a rooftop nearby.

I ran for that roof and nailed the landing. I quickly executed the sleep emote ta be sure I was not seen. Looks like it worked, as now they was both drunk!

I stood up, took aim with me pistol, and....

3 explosions back to back!

I quickly boarded and grabbed what I could before she slipped below the waves!

Yo ho, yo ho, a Pirate's life for me...

Views
  • Nice work, that'll teach em to be drunk on duty! Scurvy dogs the pair of em!

Views
1 out of 2