Xbox One - Freezing and crashing game

• Hi,
    Just this evening we have been unable to load Sea of Thieves on our Xbox One (pc works fine).
    Game crashes after you join crew and game starts loading.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

(this is a standard 1tb xbox one)
    Anyone know what to do to stop the game crashing please?

Cheers
    Willbit

Views
  • @willbit Hello! What troubleshooting have you tried already?

Found a bug? Report it here!
    FAQ's are found here!
    Need the Patch Notes? Click here to read the latest Patch Notes!
    Check out the Status Page for known issues or maintenance windows!
    alt text

• @mad-jack-ketch Hi Jack, I have tried:
    creating Single Sloop (closed crew)
    Tried multiple times to join friends closed crew.
    Turned xbox off and on.
    Signed in using a different gamertag (as we have a couple of family members who play).
    Checked xbox network status and says everything is working.

Have tried on and off for the last 6 hours

• @willbit I would advise you to do the following and get back to me when you have done it!

After an outage or a game install/update, sign-in issues can occur even if Xbox Live is up and running.

To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen. All your data is preserved, but cache is cleared and some settings are reverted and log-in or game start issues are resolved.

Alternatively, you can perform a full shutdown by going to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP and change POWER MODE from Instant-On to Energy-saving. After changing the setting, choose "Turn Xbox off". It can be powered back on by holding down the GUIDE button on the Xbox controller or the button on the front of the Xbox console. Once it's back online you can go back to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP and re-enable Instant-on.

If the manual button/menu-initiated reboot doesn't work, do it the old-fashioned way: power down the Xbox One, unplug it, wait for 10 seconds, plug everything back in and power it back on.

FAQ's are found here!
    alt text

• @mad-jack-ketch .. Thank you for the instructions... I just tried your steps (holding power button down for 10 seconds, green screen showed when turning back on) and then loaded the game back up and it didn't help sadly... still freezes and crashes on the first or 2nd loading screen (once you have joined crew)

• @willbit Okay, i'm going to ask you to clear your cache again on your xbox and try again and if this fails to work, you may need to reinstall the game.

FAQ's are found here!
    alt text

• @mad-jack-ketch Just tried clearing cache again and still same thing. It is a physical disc version we have for xbox... is there a way to uninstall the SoT updates or how would I uninstall it?

• @willbit

Hey,

to uninstall something on xbox do this:

From Home, select My games & apps.

When you've highlighted something to uninstall, press the Menu button on your controller.

Select Manage game or Manage app, then Uninstall all.

• @sir-lotus Thanks for that. It is just re-installing.. Will update the post to let everyone know if it worked... fingers crossed :)

• @willbit Hopefully there is hope! :)

• @mad-jack-ketch Re-install seems to have fixed it! Something must of mucked up in Thursdays update sadly I am guessing.
    Thanks for everyone's help.

• Is it possible to help me? I'm having the same problem and I've tried all these solutions, but no success yet. The game crashes at the "Opening crew ledger" loading screen.

• @eudoritos Have you got any luck solving this? Got this problem yesterday and nothing seems to work, my game keeps freezing on crew lobby or loading screen.

Already tried hard reset, cache clear, reinstalled a couple times, waiting the whole intro, changing some configs, but no luck at all.

• As this thread was 9 months old, and revived recently, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
10 out of 14