[CLOSED] Shark Week Challenge

• Do you love sharks, sailing on the Sea of Thieves and creating content? You do? Fantastic! With Shark Week just over the horizon, we thought now would be the perfect time to celebrate our fearsome friends of the ocean with a special contest!

From July 23rd to 29th, we’re looking for creative pirates to submit their shark-related content to us. We’re announcing our competition early to give you lovelies a little extra time to get the creative juices flowing.

There's a selection of treasure up for grabs for the lucky winners and runners-up. You'll have a chance to plunder an exclusive Sea of Thieves Limited Edition Xbox Wireless Controller and a Hungering Deep Unisex T-Shirt - and not ones to miss an occasion, the Bilge Rats have also kindly given us some of their Doubloons to use as rewards in the festivities.

Ordinarily they'd only award you their highly sought-after currency for taking part in Bilge Rat Adventures. However, they're always happy to make a charitable donation for a special occasion such as this, and with Cursed Sails just around the corner you may be thankful for some extra Doubloons in your pocket!

Here are the categories, judging criteria, rules and prize breakdown. We'll be selecting one winner and two runners-up from the following categories:

• Best Shark Shot - This could be something as simple as a fantastically framed shot of you and your crew getting up close and personal with a Megalodon, or something more elaborate. Be creative!
    • Best Shark Mockumentary - We're thinking David Attenborough meets The Office, but with sharks!
    • Best "See it To Believe It" Moment - Anything can happen out on the Sea of Thieves, and we want to see things that others just simply wouldn't believe. We'll need video or screenshot evidence of these occurrences!

The Rules

We're going to be judging your submissions based on the following criteria: Creativity, Originality, Hilarity and Bravery!

And like any good contest, there are a few rules you must adhere to:

1. Keep your videos and screenshots family-friendly - We know pirates can have a way with words in an extreme situation like trying to get a selfie with a shark, but keep the naughty language in your videos to a minimum.
    2. Keep an eye on video length. While we love watching hour-long voyages, our crew will have a boatload of submission to go through. Please keep your video submission to 10 minutes or under.
    3. Consider full crew participation. We actively encourage you to get your crew involved in this challenge - however, only the account that submits the content will be eligible for the prize!
    4. Content must have been created by you. Exactly what it says on the tin. Please don't submit clips or screenshots that another pirate has made. The content you submit must be your own!

The Prizes

1st Place: Sea of Thieves Limited Edition Xbox Wireless Controller, The Hungering Deep Unisex T-Shirt) and 40 Bilge Rat Doubloons.

Runners-up: The Hungering Deep Unisex T-Shirt and 20 Bilge Rat Doubloons.

How to Enter

"How do I enter?" we hear you scream! Well, there are a few ways for you to get your submissions into the running.

• Tweet your submission to us on Twitter using the hashtags #SoTShot and #SharkWeek in your tweet.
    • Upload your submission to Instagram using the hashtags #SoTShot and #SharkWeek in your post.
    • Enter on Facebook by leaving your submission on our wall with the hashtags #SoTShot and #SharkWeek.
    • You can even submit your content right here on the Forums. Submissions posted in this thread will not count as an entry.

ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA!

Sounds simple enough, right? We're excited to see how creative our community can be, so think outside the box!

Winners will be announced on August 3rd via our social channels and on our website, so keep an eye out to see who takes home the loot!

This Contest runs from 00:01 GMT on 23rd July 2018 and closes at 23:59 GMT on 29th July 2018 inclusive (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be considered. Click here for full Terms and Conditions.

Good luck, pirates.

alt text

Views
  • Ive got 210 doubloons with nothing to spend them on.. please.. give me some more.. lol

Other than that, looks like a fun contest, im sure some hilarious documentaries will come out of this

• You MIND READERS You!!

...runs to get a bigger boat..

• https://twitter.com/BarnacleBlake/status/1020339465611595777?s=19

• Challenge accepted.

• @RealTerrorTesin: Side question...

1. Does editing need to be a thing?
    2. PLUS, does it have to be JUST David Attenborough? How about Jacque Cousteau???

I can't necessarily fake my way to doing a kick-A Aussie accent (tho I truly miss and mourned for Steve Irwin), I coooould fake myself a Frenchie accent somewhat-kinda-ok.. being a 34.9 year old female Texan lol@self

• What about fan art?

• Can't wait, me and the megalodon have a complex relationship, shows up almost everytime I sail and hardly ever attacks me.

• Awesome!!! There are lots of pirates in our Facebook community who would love to get their greedy hooks on one of those controllers. They have sold out almost everywhere here in Aus and NZ I have shared it with them so they can all have a go at claiming it.

Thanks very much Rare 😊

• I have the perfect video for this contest. I'm gonna hold onto it just for this. little hint: it's something I like to call Shark Slip and Slide

• @realterrortesin Had an cool encounter with the Megeladon today.
    Me and my crew mate both recorded the encounter but on his video he has me in the frame. Now we checked which one looked cooler to submit. Would it be allowed for me to upload his point of view? Or would that break rule 4.

• @captnjaq

Editing doesn't need to be a thing. So feel free to do it or not. Jacque Cousteau also works. Need that little red beanie though!

• @unfound said in Shark Week Challenge:

What about fan art?

I agree. Is the contest limited to purely in-game content or do submissions created outside the game, but still clearly related to the game's content count as well?

Because I've already created something I think at least merits an honorable mention.

• Good luck making a mockumentary in game. Tried to scout locations and was harassed by a bunch of jerks. They figured pantomiming r**ing my avatar was more fun than getting actually treasure because I had none, and that's just what they did. I would have reported this but oh yeah, Xbox doesn't show recent players until about a week later

• Submissions are now open! Come one, come all. Submit your content in the dedicated post.

• @realterrortesin What's about fan art?

• @unfound This time it's limited to screenshots and video, however, fan art is an excellent suggestion for future challenges!

• @realterrortesin said in Shark Week Challenge:

@captnjaq

Editing doesn't need to be a thing. So feel free to do it or not. Jacque Cousteau also works. Need that little red beanie though!

What about an ozzyman review style? (Perhaps without the language?!)

• @sshteeve That would be most amusing!

• Can we earn more doubloons in game for the cursed sails event because I have none saved up?

• Although this is not my entry, it's a discovery channel promotion that is aired quite a lot, I thought to share it as I find it amusing.

Hope you see the funny side of it. :o)

• Got you covered!

• Didn't think about it when I posted my pics, but are memes allowed? Or, should they just be screenshots?

• @unfound I know, I'm much better at this.

• @captain-faicore bro you should definitely win your vid is awesome not to mention all your other sea of thieves vids

• see the video!

My entry for the shark week contest! I might make more than one if that's allowed, but nothing will top this one!

My friend had fallen off the ship as we approached a fortress and he managed to grab the ladder as we passed, and as he climbs it he can't see behind him so all he said was:

"I think a shark just tried to bite me, did you guys see that?"

• @realterrortesin My submission for #SeaOfThieves #SoTShot #SharkWeek. When a group of strangers must ban together to deal with a greater threat :D

• Bild Tex
    Getting friends with Megalodon by feeding him some Bananas.
    #SeaOfThieves #SoTShot #SharkWeek

• As far as content being our own, I'll be using my own footage, but are we okay to use other sound effects and music (I'd edit it in later)? Can we use any music/effects, or should I stick with creative commons, or even just those from the game? I'm not sure what's allowed sound-wise.

• Thanks a bunch of barrels

• @captain-faicore Love it

Views
1 out of 42