To the crew we robbed at an outpost last night. I'm sorry (kinda)

• After a short gameplay session last night me and my crew were going to quit for the night.
    We were at an outpost when one of the crew was like:
    "Let's put some barrels at the side of the ship while she's next to the beach so we can push her onto the beach."

So we did, it was a spectacle and while we didn't manage to beach her she sunk.

After this we did our usual shenanigans at the outpost (hopping around visiting stores etc) when one of us suddenly exclaimed! There's a sloop here really close!

So I went there and I boarded it, after saying hello the captain of this sloop grabbed a pistol and started shooting me.
    I jumped over his head and plunged my cutlass in his back. His sloop was full of riches, Captains chests, marauders chests and even two Chests of a thousand grogs.
    We sunk the sloop with their own barrel of gunpowder and turned in the loot.

An unlucky captain of a sloop and a happy galleon crew with extra booty.

See not everyone who attacks you at an outpost is an outpost camper. Often it's just people logging off for the night and spotting you. Tough luck.

Views
  • He never should've had so much chests to begin with, it's well deserved.

• @hynieth Well played that man! A harsh lesson for that captain to swallow, but it's one we've all been fed at some time or another! Hopefully they'll bounce back and be a better (more ruthless?) sailor for it!

• Ha, I've had that happen when I was solo, except I was the robber. I always scuttle my ship and play a shanty to see it off before doing my shopping.

No sooner was she in Davy Jones' cold, dead embraces, in came a galleon. Managed to nick a few skulls, including a villainous, before they figured out something was afoot and I got tag-teamed by three of them on my next attempt to steal.

Honestly, it's just as much work to steal loot as to earn it, lol.

• @andriel1036 If not more if you're really trying. We just got lucky but I imagine those who camp outposts have to wait a long time for victims to come in and then subdue them without getting killed themselves (since rewpawns are out of the question).

Views
1 out of 5