Here's More Info On Alliances

• @dcr-lt-Canada Meeting new people is all well and good, but we all enjoy playing with our existing friends as well.

• Sooooo I get people being mad about anything and everything buuuuut am I the only one who looked passed the sound and look in the background in the video and saw that sweet sweet brigantine and that cool figurehead with a LAMP on it!! The specs on that thing look nice!!

• @lazno yeah of course. I'm sure it's planned though.

• @Gdb071 Please refrain from name calling, personal attacks and derogatory language on our forums. It is a violation of our Forum rules, and your posts have been removed accordingly.

Derogatory Language
    Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• @lazno Not out of the gate. It’s been mentioned by a dev, but no definitive answer on if or when you’ll be able to do that.

• @peteloaf777 It’s pirates... and they want it to be an uneasy alliance. I wish it was actually more uneasy than currently described. But, I like being a pirate, me. Not interested in signin’ up fer the Navy.

Much harder to stab someone in the back when they can see you on their magic minimap. And, difficult to lie to opposing crews about your alliance when they can just take a look at your magic minimap. Nothing like a minimap to force a pirate to be honest. And no infiltrating alliances, either: “Hey that guy’s not with us... he’s not on our Magic Minimap... sink him!!” It’s becoming Sea of Minimaps! ;)

• This game lives or dies on how they split the loot in alliances. If you have to think about whether or not to allow another ship to join, or when/if to betray your allies then alliances will be perfect. If every member just gets 100% then there's no reason to ever not ally up, ever. Anyone who ever sees another ship whilst alliances provide 100% of the take for all crews who doesn't immediately buddy up is either a fool or a psychopath. Why would anyone ever risk attacking anyone when they could just have everything for free as friendos? I've never said a word against content in this game, I've even defended it, but I've done so because player interaction is the content. If being in an alliance holds no drawbacks then no one will ever not be in one and then people will see how empty and dull these seas really are.

• @reedski in my opinion Rare has done a great job so far in regards to how the game is built up and the growing content that's in it. This is a game that is mainly being enhanced for players by player because of how quickly they work on feedback and suggestions.

I don't see this new feature taking a turn for the worst and if there are any issues I'm positive it'll be resolved quickly. Overall I can't wait for the 31st because it comes with so much to look forward to.

• I don't understand, did they say that breaking an alliance is gonna be that easy? Then they can totally push it back, it's useless. I think the only way to break an alliance should be to move to another instance.

• seems Rare is just determined to ruin their game. First it was 4 man sloops and now this. If you can't see how this is going to completely change this game ( for the worse) then I don't know what else to say. What a shame.

• @trickrtreat01 said in Here's More Info On Alliances:

seems Rare is just determined to ruin their game. First it was 4 man sloops and now this.

If Rare is so determined to that, why is there still no 4 man sloop?

• If this Alliance thing is destined to be tried... then I hope for sure that they make the loot shares lowered as suggested above... and to prevent any “turn in first leave alliance and get 100% of theirs” situations from happening just FLAG ALL ALLIANCE LOOT... that simple... anything acquired while under the alliance banner or anything in possession when joining an alliance becomes flagged as alliance loot and even if someone leaves an alliance that loot can only be turned in at the alliance loot rate and will still go towards all alliance members regardless of being currently in or out of an alliance.

(Side Note: Would be extra cool if loot stolen from alliances would be worth more for those who were never attached to the alliances in any ways)

Views
81 out of 82