Weapons

• So... do $10,000 swords work better than the stock cutlass we start with? How about all of the other weapons we can buy ingame?

Or is it just cosmetic?

I am hoping not.

Also, why is this game not on Steam?!? They really need to strike a deal there, because a lot of players feel like they need to stay with one game vendor and we're missing out on extra players.

Views
  • @vasduten said in Weapons:

Or is it just cosmetic?

It is.

I am hoping not.

Sorry to disappoint.

• @vasduten
    Everything here is cosmetic only. Equal playing ground for all other than your skill vs theirs.

• It's all cosmetic

• all ingame items from shops - cosmetic only, no stats, no boost, no changing with anything except look

• The game is cross-play with X-box trough X-Box live. So yeah you have to use a MS account to buy and play this game.
    The store installed on windows 10 standard anyway so It's not like it's a hassle.

• @vasduten
    Hey,

firstly like alread, stated by others, everything you can buy in-game is purely cosmetics, so that new players aren't in a disadvantage against those of us who've been playing for a long time.

Secondly, if you search the forums, you'll find many threads with explanation on why it's not on steam. The very short answer is, it's owned by Microsoft.

• If only I were still a Deckhand, I could reply with this:

"Since this topic has been answered satisfactorily multiple times, I'm going to lock it down and drop an anchor on it."

alt text

Any current @Deckhands wish to do the honors?

• @xdilligafx1974 I got you.

Thanks everyone.

• Thanks for the info. I suspected it was cosmetic, and I like that.

Equal playing ground is what I find I like best about this game; it's skill that wins the day usually. I've outmaneuvered a sloop with some friend this evening, and we ended up sinking them eventually.

What a blast!

As for Steam, I hope MS and them can work something out. It'd be nice to see regular Steam players coming aboard. (pun!)

I don't have a problem with getting and playing a game that's not on Steam, or even using an XBox acct to do so but others do, sadly.

Still, my friends and I are really enjoying this. Can't wait for the Brigantine!!!

• Can't see Microsoft releasing SoT on Steam. Partly because it requires signing into Microsoft's servers, but so because Microsoft require as many games as possible on their store.

• @xDILLIGAFx1974 @knightx13

Looks like that lock wasn't put on tightly enough? ;D

Any other @Deckhands want to have a go :P

• Locked...again.

• @knightx13

https://giphy.com/gifs/justin-great-job-l0MYCn3DDRBBqk6nS

Views
9 out of 14