Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7

• @gweedohero you could do that before as well :) with the cutlass

• So the bit about Salty ... turns out he has found cursed cannonballs. You can't buy them yet, but that's what he is working on in Wanda's store at Golden Sands.

• @wombaxx yes but now you have on the actual statue to take damage; very easy to avoid.

• @jmapuk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@khaleesibot

Should really think about the 3 week running time and maybe extend it for the new DLC (you do realise right that its the start of the summer holidays in the UK, so there are going to be a lot of players that may miss 1 or so weeks)

You'll be on holiday instead of at school or work, so will have even MORE time to play the game. Unless you're abroad and actually in a holiday, in which case, why complain about not being able to play video games when you're sunbathing on the beach with a cocktail?

• The brig problem. Put it in the known issues. Players still can spawn inside the brig if invited to a session.

• Looking forward to getting home and seeing all the new updates. I'll take a bite out of this harder than the meg on a sloop.

• @siriondb What addition?

• The new update looks good I’m a big fan of skeletons so this looks like a good addition to the game. Also the skullforts are too easy in this game so I hope the skeleton ships make them a bit more challenging

• So the letters of commendation will still be avalaible after the event?

• Can't wait to get out on the seas, on the hunt for Merry Merrick's tales!

• Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.

Will this ever be fixed?

• @namnorisdog said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

Its been a known issue ever since I got the game. There should be a time limit for known issues. They need to focus on this one imo. it is one of the most frustrating parts other than the infinite black screen bug and the crashing but that was recently fixed.

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@namnorisdog said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

Its been a known issue ever since I got the game. There should be a time limit for known issues. They need to focus on this one imo. it is one of the most frustrating parts other than the infinite black screen bug and the crashing but that was recently fixed.

In the time I’ve played it’s only happened to me once. Not that big of a deal. Bugs can be tricky to spot sometimes, but they’re aware of the problem and I’m sure they’ll fix it just as soon as they can. In the meantime they’ve had lots of higher priority goals to occupy their time. Relax.

• More Lore and Salty can never be a bad thing! And that pesky cannon miss fire plagues us still! What a bug, i feel sorry for the soul trying to fix that one, must be taking some work.

• @weedstar-deluxe said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@yzahkin i do it the same way, i just need 20 more dubloons for the the female coat( for collecting).mermaids r increased now thats not fair....

They increased their size, that's all. In the patch notes they left out the word size but in the Dev update video joe Neate says they increased their size. I don't think anything else is different

• I can't wait , and I'm totally needing a copy of the Novel!!!!!

• Kudos on yet another weekly update addressing issues and such.

I'd love to say i enjoyed this little update but it seems to have broken the game for me entirely.
    All i get is the dreaded launch screen then close issue. Tried all current fixes but to no avail so support i go.
    hurmph

Played every day since launch guess a few days off wont hurt. Good sailing all hope my issue is resolved soon.

• Whatever they fixed today has made the game unplayable for me. Rubberbanding and dc constantly. Great patch :(

• @piratecraggy said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

"Pennant Flags - When raising a ship flag, the accompanying Pennants will no longer be equipped. Pennant flags are returning to the Sea of Thieves very soon, with a new and improved purpose!"

Guessing this will be the Alliance system?

@captain-faicore
    New and Interesting Ways..... :-)

Yup!!! Confirmed... Pennants = Alliance

• @piratecraggy said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@piratecraggy said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

"Pennant Flags - When raising a ship flag, the accompanying Pennants will no longer be equipped. Pennant flags are returning to the Sea of Thieves very soon, with a new and improved purpose!"

Guessing this will be the Alliance system?

@captain-faicore
    New and Interesting Ways..... :-)

Yup!!! Confirmed... Pennants = Alliance

This such a bad idea it is going to be abused. Unless they increase the server capacity. Then it might be balanced. Only then.

• @treefittymonsta

Only one way to find out...
    We will have to wait & see... :-)

edit:

Our world is going to get bigger with the up and coming updates anyhow, so fingers crossed.

Personally... I think it will be awesome.

• @treefittymonsta What exactly are you referring to that will make it abusable?

• so does this mean we can finish any of the gunpowder still ?

• @khaleesibot will we ever get a kraken body

• I hope this means cheaters cant come together and harass servers. The game has gotten really bad over the last month, and I don't think reporting them is slowing them down either.

Just last night we had a skull fort spawn, and the server got super laggy. All of a sudden 3 ships come out of no where. Doesn't include the times where aim bot takes us down. 8 cannons that kill each player and a human cannon to the ladder to drop ship.

• @ionei-falcon said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@treefittymonsta What exactly are you referring to that will make it abusable?

Think he is worrying about how they described the alliance system working. Hopefully they just left out some key information in that video but some of it sounded iffy.

If allied crews still each receive 100% of gold/xp from a turn in then what's the point in even having a solo crew? Hopefully this has been thought of already. I'd rather their be incentive for a solo turn in/mutiny.

• Event ends Friday or....?

• @admiral-rrrsole dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@khaleesibot Whoohoo! I finally caught an update thread on the same day it's announced. In fact a sizzling 20 minutes after post. lol
    I'll have to note the time and check for future updates before they drown in the sea of threads.

@guepard4 It's happened to almost everyone at one stage or another but only visible to others in the same game at the time. I don't think it effects the player themselves as we usually have to be told that we're leaning

It affects, it dont let you to walk propertly. In a situation like a fort or a fight against other crew it means you will die unless you find water fast enought. And it is happening a lot, if only happened once to you it means you dont play much.

• @genuine-heather dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

In the time I’ve played it’s only happened to me once. Not that big of a deal. Bugs can be tricky to spot sometimes, but they’re aware of the problem and I’m sure they’ll fix it just as soon as they can. In the meantime they’ve had lots of higher priority goals to occupy their time. Relax.

Then you dont play much.

• @guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@genuine-heather dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

Then you dont play much.

Incorrect.

• @genuine-heather dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

Then you dont play much.

Incorrect.

I will correct my message.

Then you never throw yourself using the cannons while moving.

• @guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

@guepard4 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

Will this ever be fixed?

Then you dont play much.

Incorrect.

I will correct my message.

Then you don't use cannons much.

That is more fair. I probably don't fire myself out of cannons as much as some people. But even during the skeleton thrones I never encountered the bug, and I shot myself out of a lot of cannons during that time. It's only happened to me once out of probably over a hundred shots. And even though I don't use it as often as some, I still use it often enough that you'd think I'd hit the bug more than 1% of the time. I don't think a 1% failure rate is the end of the world. I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they're able. In the meantime, it's not a game breaker.

• @matteo-ruspehhh said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.7:

So the letters of commendation will still be avalaible after the event?

I'd like to know that too. should I save my doubloons or not?

• Excellent Update... Thanks Team!!
    Argh....I just got Mer....Rick Rolled

• Too bad, I liked the new hair colour.

Goodbye, ginger b00zebeard... I'll miss you. Great change with the lore books though

Views
1 out of 96