Weird but Great experience on the sea tonight

• I usually don't post on forums, but tonight while solo doing a 6 chicken Merchant voyage I left Sanctuary Outpost heading for Sailors Bounty. I get there and find my chickens, on my way out I hear a cursed statue. Instead of looking around first I just dove in, I know" What were you thinking" I wasn't! But I dove in and it was a emerald and deeep, when I surfaced after destroying it low and behold another ship is parked just behind me. My first thought is great here we go, I look to my ship just in time to see someone climbing my mast. I pulled my pistol aimed and as I pulled the trigger "We're Friendly" popped up, I'm like ok we'll see? I ask if he hears me, he says yes but no mic, ok I can work with that. Come to find out he was new to the game and got abandoned by another guy and barely made it to me alone he had aOoS voyage of 2 captain's at Lone Cove and we were just passing by it so I told him I would help him and then go to Daggertooth to sell my chickens and he could sell the skulls. He thanked me and we did just that. We get to the outpost andin the water by the dock was 2 golden chickens a silver coffer and a gunpowder keg we get all of it out, I tell him he can have everything in the water, he comes up with a villainous and dropped it at my feet, I realized he didn't even know where to sell anything I worked with him and helped him sell his loot while selling mine. I was getting of line so told him to use my ship and to look for me another time and left. As soon as I quit he sent me a friend request. That was one of the best experience's I've had on SoT, one reason this game has me hooked. Thanks Rare for and grand experience!!

Views
  • @dsr1773 good story...you've done the right thing...is also nice to see that there are some new gamers that are willing to learn and be cooperative...

...and I keep sailing on the seven seas!

• There's good days and bad out there. I did exactly the same, went in without having a proper scout around first, surfaced to see a galleon making a pass, 2 manned cannons pummeling my little ship. Managed to get on board and whip the sales down. Squared the damage away and then what followed was a relentless hunt by the galleon, always having the edge on me speed wise. Tried a few maneuvers, hand brake turned it, even got 4/5 hits on their lower hull, still they hunted me down and boarded me in the end. Morale of the story check your 5's and 20's before diving in the drink lol. Good to hear there are good people out there at the same time though.

• @dsr1773 That sounds like a good night, I am glad a new player met someone who was willing to help out.

Views
1 out of 4