Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer

• alt text

Now that July's upon us we're about to unleash the most substantial update yet! Cursed Sails will be unfurling on July 31st, and like our other content updates it comes free of charge to all who own the game.

Cursed Sails will change things forever on the Sea of Thieves, as the sails you see cresting the horizon are no longer guaranteed to be other players making their own way through the world. The decks beneath those masts may now be manned by skeletal marauders returned to the seas from their restless graves. All that sustains these grinning terrors is a thirst for battle that leads them to terrorise Outposts and call out defenders to face them on the tides...

For more information on what is to come, check out our Cursed Sails article.

Views
  • and call out defenders to face them on the tides...

So they don't attack you if you don't attack them? Interesting.

• @x1-two said in Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer:

and call out defenders to face them on the tides...

Sounds like they are only going to be next to outposts as well. At least during the event.

Anyway, really excited about this one! I should finish leveling merchant alliance before that though, so they don't shoot my chickens.

• Will this event differ with an immediate reward(s) following completing an encounter unlike the hungering deep? Chests, skulls, hell I'll take a golden chicken.

• Good stuff.
    I guess it would make sense that they have loot on board. We'll have to wait and see.

• I'm really looking forward to it!

• This looks incredible. Can't wait!

• Argh matey’s that trailer be amazing it be! ;-)

• @x1-two said in Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer:

and call out defenders to face them on the tides...

I don't gather that from that

The skeletons so far have attacked you regardless, I don't see why that would change when they're on ships?

• My only hope is this update doesn't make the game inaccessible to solo sloopers. I enjoy working with a (functioning) crew as much as I enjoy sailing alone, and I don't want to feel forced to wait for friends to get online every time I want to play if the AI ships are far too difficult to deal with by yourself.

• I am very excited about this update, but i’m a little worried about progression of the campaign. I play with randoms, but I was lucky enough in the Hungering Deep to find people willing to do the quest, with two who had done it already. If you log in in the middle if the crew’s quest, you should be able to continue where they are in the quest, and not have to start over for each new player. I plan to play only 4 days after launch, so i’m also worried about finding people willing to do the campaign. But I guess this game is about different individual experiences, and i’m sure i will get that.

• Can not wait for the addition to the game. Finally something more to do.

• I hope for the Skellis that they let there Gunpowder Brothers on the Islands.

Views
4 out of 13