Why some people are not sinking?

• Hi,

It happens to me lot of time when playing. We see other galleons or sloops attacking us, so we attack them too.

The problems is that my crew:
    1 or 2 shooting them with canons
    1 on the wheel
    1 or 2 repairing

We are still sinking when the other crew are 3 guys in the water and 1 guy shooting us.

I don’t understand why they are not taking water while we are shooting the lower deck.

Does someone know how to fight better or how they are not sinking?

Thx

Views
  • Your shots need to hit below the waterline. You should see a splash and explosion (hear the sound for a hit) when shooting the enemy boat. If you aren't hitting below the waterline, you're only putting holes in the second deck and water will not flood the ship.

Hope this helps.

Edit to add: Also, don't hit the same place over and over again. Move your shots around the enemies hull.

• Edit to add: Also, don't hit the same place over and over again. Move your shots around the enemies hull.

Probably the most important part.

• Ok so even on the last deck above the waterline it will count as a second deck shot?

• @gatorwocky said in Why some people are not sinking?:

Your shots need to hit below the waterline. You should see a splash and explosion (hear the sound for a hit) when shooting the enemy boat. If you aren't hitting below the waterline, you're only putting holes in the second deck and water will not flood the ship.

Hope this helps.

This may be an existent factor. But honestly, there are even further details that can make all the difference.

Number of legitimate hits does make the most distinct difference, obviously. But if it's a consistent thing you need to look at opposing variables:

Are they boarding your ship more than your team is boarding theirs? Boarders can put an end to repairs/ship control/firing rate and increase the amount of water taken in/damage output versus how much their team receives in the same span of time.

As noted above, are your shots REALLY hitting the lower deck? As mentioned...if your not that explains alot.

Are the shots which are hitting with valid value happening more often (IE More shots fired, faster) from the other team? If they are simply putting more cannons into your ship that speaks for it right there.

Are your repair team members bailing effectively, if they are - is the opposition bailing MORE effectively? Some folks insist on walking right to the edge of the top deck railing before tossing their water bucket content and running down stairs for more. They do this even though you can be nearly at the mid/bottom of the 2nd deck stairs and toss the water over. It saves a few seconds... but a few seconds makes a difference, it REALLY can.

Are your team members being slowed down from repairs/cannon shots by their cannon firing team member hitting them with splash damage? If your spending all your time being knocked off walls during repairs or pushed away from the cannon your not putting holes in the enemy, or repairing your own holes.

If 2 ships both get 10 holes... and both repair at the same moment... one will sink faster than the other if some of the above is messed up. Since a galleon can get filled up to the second deck and one player can bail from there without running down stairs it comes down to how many valid holes they're getting. If the rate of water intake isn't high enough the bailing can be sustained until more who can repair can return to the ship.

I've saved my duo sloop constantly thanks to speed bailing. I'll just leave the hole there and bail my heart out until my pal comes and fixes the hole.

Heck you can even lift a ship out of the water by beaching and the fact that the holes aren't exposed to water stalls the intake of water until the ship finally settles back on the waves. It hurts more in the long run than it helps... but even that tactics has slowed up sinking long enough that the damage is minimal.

Seriously it took me over 7 minutes to sink in a sloop I scuttled... all because I also crashed it so hard it was stuck on shore for most of the time. It wasn't until it finally broke from the collision that water started to fill it up.

• @nic727 Greetings. So what you want to do is spread out your shots and pepper that bottom hull. If you keep aiming in the same spot you are just effectively threading the needle over and over and only making one hole. Sure you might kill the guy repairing and stopping him but I find spreading your shots throughout the bottom hull to create more holes. The best thing I find as someone well versed in PvP is you need to do 2 things to win a fight. Make holes and defend them. Make some holes and get someone over there pronto to catch them off guard repairing and kill them. Stay with the holes they are your lifeblood now, They secure your victory. You don't need to kill everyone just stop them from repairing and bailing so harass them from the bottom deck. Soon as it sinks either stay below and get teleported back or go up stairs and look for loot

Views
5 out of 6