Cant read topics on forums now?

• Name says it all. Been trying to read certain topics on the forum since the update and it wont let me. Anyone else having this problem too?

Views
  • The new layout just changed, Have you tried logging out and back in on the forums? That will help most things.

• this new layout is horrible

• Eh, I can see it being good for more info faster but we are creatures of habit @Shuoink . It will take some getting used to lol. I didn't like the last one either but It's better when I got used to it.

• @ve111a Ill agree on the habit part, but more information faster i will have to disagree. If i could turn off the post preview and go back to a straight list then id be happy. Thats my big gripe honestly, the rest is fine. Does seem like it has better filter options now

• @shuoink said in Cant read topics on forums now?:

@ve111a Ill agree on the habit part, but more information faster i will have to disagree. If i could turn off the post preview and go back to a straight list then id be happy. Thats my big gripe honestly, the rest is fine. Does seem like it has better filter options now

It will be normal in a week lol.

• @ve111a

Makes it a pain in the a**e to scroll through new recent threads, ah well..
    just gimme an option to disable it... kinda like you know, crossplay.... LOL

• @ve111a i did, but its still wonky. I can at least read them now, sort of.

• honestly, it looks broken. if this is by design, this is no bueno.

• Same, if the length of the post is shorter than a paragraph (like this post) - there is no ‘read more’ button displayed, and we are unable to press (mobile version) on the topic title to read a post anymore.

To get to this post, I had to go to your profile, view your recent posts and then drill down into the topic in order to reply.

@Deckhands forum topics are unresponsive, please advise the powers that be!

• @baconwrappedsac said in Cant read topics on forums now?:

Same, if the length of the post is shorter than a paragraph (like this post) - there is no ‘read more’ button displayed, and we are unable to press (mobile version) on the topic title to read a post anymore.

Same issue on my end. No issues so far on the computer, only mobile.

• @baconwrappedsac Will do, thanks for the tag.

• yea, the recent page is terrible on a phone now.

and thread names in general won't work for me either. i have to open someones profile and click their post to open a thread.

• For anyone that has adblocking capabilities (like adblock/adblock plus) you can add the following filter and you will be back to normal. Feel free to drop me a line for help on doing this.

seaofthieves.com##.teaser-container

Ahhhhh back to normal...

https://imgur.com/H31fP2e

• @musicmee said in Cant read topics on forums now?:

For anyone that has adblocking capabilities (like adblock/adblock plus) you can add the following filter and you will be back to normal.

What following filter?

Feel free to drop me a line for help on doing this.

Rather than have us all PM you and you reply to hundreds of people, why not explain it once here?

• I think the filter is the thing that looks like a URL in block quote in the original post.

Views
15 out of 16