Single Player Sloop?

• I am trying to play alone on my sloop. Just got done looting 5 forts of all barrels, even got three sunken ships. Now my friend dave joins and demands a piece of the cut. So where are the Single player sloops? Short of banning all friends from joining all games, how do I single person in my sloop? Can the devs even fix? It was broken after first update. Really just want to go it alone sometimes and can't control if my friends want to join. Devs, you got a fix?

Views
  • @cannibalbob Ahoy matey!

Once you boot into your sloop, you can go to the settings, then My Crew, Crew Management, you can then select whether friends can join you or not.

This will stop this happening in the future...

• I've seen it recommended in this instance to set yourself to appear offline and then go about playing. I have no friends to pop in unannounced so I haven't tested it as of yet but I imagine it works.

Edit: Or what @Musicmee said. I'm sure my info is dated.

• @musicmee So simple! Thank you.

• @john-hatter Didn't want to be invisible to everyone was just trying to get around this spot I felt stuck in. It was the same friend and it was starting to become a problem. It's all fixed now. Thank you for your help.

• I wish this could be a persistent option so it remembers your setting. I’ve forgotten to set it a few times and had uninvited guests. Sometimes I just want to sail alone, or I might be waiting for my wife to join.

• @musicmee said in Single Player Sloop?:

@cannibalbob Ahoy matey!

Once you boot into your sloop, you can go to the settings, then My Crew, Crew Management, you can then select whether friends can join you or not.

This will stop this happening in the future...

You can also adjust the setting through XBox Live to prevent friends from joining your sessions, but that ends up applying to all your games.

• poor dave, guess he isn't getting a Da*n thing from now on huh hahah ;)

• @cannibalbob
    I know its a pain in the neck but its also a nice loophole to advance a new player. I have a fair pirate who gets his share of good bootie, could say he is a bit of a player, and I want to start a new character, I do the quests with my experience pirate and then login with new guy on Win10 and join right before I hand in the spoils and he gets a cut of the glory and advances faster.

Actually, my wife and I play together "Pirate Family", my 6 year old chose her original pirate who was a fatty, good egg but a bit of a grogaholic, she wanted to switch to a lassie and pay through the nose with doubloons for the sex change an liposuction so she could wear the pretty dresses. Because I had a fair level pirate I was able to help her advance faster.

Still, nothing happening at sea as far as love goes but apparently she has game fantasies in real life and so thank you Rare for improving my marriage.

Oh too much information and digression from the original topic, I apologize for nothing.

• @CannibalBob Removed the formatting of your original post as we do not use that on our forums.

@robtinbc We don't support signatures as they create a lot of "noise" in posts and discussions due to their often distracting and repetitive use. While signatures are not outright prohibited, we do ask that members please be mindful of this and to keep them minimal and within the accepted format of the forum.

• @knightx13 said in Single Player Sloop?:

@CannibalBob Removed the formatting of your original post as we do not use that on our forums.

@robtinbc We don't support signatures as they create a lot of "noise" in posts and discussions due to their often distracting and repetitive use. While signatures are not outright prohibited, we do ask that members please be mindful of this and to keep them minimal and within the accepted format of the forum.

Ok, no more sig's. Now fire me out of a cannon whilst playing the hurdy-gurdy!

• You do know your share of the loot is not diminished by having to "share" it, don't you? Each member of the crew gets the full gold/xp, regardless of how many there are.

Notwithstanding, I do understand that you might feel miffed at someone profiting from your hard work, without helping.

• Hey.. the fix is already in.. do a closed crew sloop.. the go into crew options and turn off allow friends to join.. serious

• @knightx13 Seriously, No idea what you are talking about. I don't have a clue what you mean. Xbox picks all that stuff for me. Honestly if it is not allowed why have whatever as default? aren't all of you microsoft? even this website?So signature your cat away for all I care. Not trying to be, just am.

Views
1 out of 14