Too Many Gunpowder Skeletons?

• The skeletons with gunpowder event was very unique, as it changed the entire game for the entire community. I had a blast! 💥

Hungering Deep - Players had a choice of participating or ignoring this event. Players had to travel to a specific area. After taking part in this even or after ignoring this event, everything else they did in the game was basically the same.

Skeleton Thrones - Players had a choice of participating or ignoring this event. Players had to travel to specific areas. After taking part in this even or after ignoring this event, everything else they did in the game was basically the same.

Sunken Curse - Players have a choice of participating or ignoring this event. Players have to travel to specific areas (kind of). After taking part in this even or after ignoring this event, everything else they do in the game will basically be the same. (I assume)

Gunpowder Skeletons - Players HAD TO take part in this event, even if they didn't keep track or care. That's perfectly fine too. It was very unique. It changed gameplay across the entire game. Every island. Every fort event. Seeing how it was only a short term event, that was fine. I had a great time. Once this event was over, gunpowder skeletons stuck around, but in far less numbers. Seeing as how this particular event changed the entire gameplay, well, I feel the entire game is still changed. It's my personal opinion that the spawn rate at which gunpowder toting skeletons spawn is too high. It's not game breaking, but I'd love to see much less.

What do you think?

Short Version: Since gunpowder skeletons change the entire way the game is played, I think they need toned down.

Happy Friday the 13, everyone!

Sea You Later,
    DIS

Views
  • @dislex-fx I saw that you mentioned that after the event the skeletons stuck around but in far less numbers. Do you think it is still too high I have saw some spawn recently but I do feel it has been toned done a fair bit.

• @wryubiquitous said in Too Many Gunpowder Skeletons?:

@dislex-fx I saw that you mentioned that after the event the skeletons stuck around but in far less numbers. Do you think it is still too high I have saw some spawn recently but I do feel it has been toned done a fair bit.

I do still think they spawn too many.

• I am bumping this, as I made it when not many people were on the forum.

• I soloed some statues today and was frequently bothered by GPB skeletons. Though some of them were killed before detonation leaving me gun powder to use against the statues.

• @dislex-fx considering the fact that they left the commendations in the game, I would say that there aren't enough in the game now, especially forts.
    We ran a fort on Wednesday night and didn't get a single powder skelly in all of the waves.

Sad times :'(

• @sshteeve said in Too Many Gunpowder Skeletons?:

@dislex-fx considering the fact that they left the commendations in the game, I would say that there aren't enough in the game now, especially forts.
    We ran a fort on Wednesday night and didn't get a single powder skelly in all of the waves.

Sad times :'(

That's a good point. I completely forgot about the commendations. Though... Now that there is no time limit, does it really matter that it's going to go slower now?

• @dislex-fx not really, but the fact that forts are so rare anyway it's annoying not to get a single 1 in a full session!
    I'm taking my time, will focus on statues for a few days to be fair anyway.

• Absolutely not these little blighters are a godsend for high-level OoS voyages. Too many pistol skellies? Let me have a gp follow me over here and... Kamikaze. Look on the bright side mate

Views
1 out of 9