Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics

• Not my best tips video! But, these are things worth considering when heading into battle!

Views
  • Another great video bro, We gotta sail together some time!

• Really awesome video. I love that you don’t speak like a “Youtuber” with your speech cadence. Makes it very enjoyable for a non millennial to watch!

I do want to say this and I dont mean to dis respect or come off like a jerk...

PVP’n on a Sloop is really, realy, really easy. Those same shots you took in the beginning of the video would have sunk any Galleon even if 3 people were I repairs.

That PowderKeg - 65% chance that would have sunk the Galleon.

If a hole in a sloop brings in 5 Galleons if water per second than that same hole in a Galleon brings in 500 Galleons per second magnified with the fact it takes 4x the amount of time for each bucket of water.

Anyway great Video!

• @ve111a said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

Another great video bro, We gotta sail together some time!

Yes we do! Hopefully sooner then later : ) Dubs is in Vegas for work and will not be back until the 21st I think : (

As always thank you for the kind words.

• @personalc0ffee said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

Fantastic video, even made some mistakes like those listed in this video.

Haha, we all make mistakes : ) I have learned more from my the few failures then the hundreds of success stories. The times you come across other good players are when you can learn the most. Also, thanks!

• @glannigan Yeah, gotta agree, the fact that @Sneakler doesn't come off like the hype man on a used car commercial or repeats himself like a drunk guy with a concussion makes a huge difference in actually making it through the videos.

• @theothervillain said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@glannigan Yeah, gotta agree, the fact that @Sneakler doesn't come off like the hype man on a used car commercial or repeats himself like a drunk guy with a concussion makes a huge difference in actually making it through the videos.

@Glannigan

You guys are cracking me up. I want to troll you guys one of these days and start a video with "HEY WHATS UP YOUTUBE SNEAKLER HERE CLICK THAT LIKE BUTTON IF WE CAN GET THIS VIDEO TO 1000 LIKES WE ARE GONNA DO A GIVEAWAAYYYY"

I also have something else I don't do that nobody has ever mentioned : )

Nowhere in my videos do I ask people to like/subscribe/or click a notification button lol. If they enjoy your video they will do that and if they are not the subscribing type they will at least look you up from time to time. I always thought YouTube was making them say that in every video but that isn't that case. It just wastes peoples time to go through a massive intro of blabbering about yourself. People watched the video to see the video and hear about the video, not be requested to do things.

No clickbait thumbnails/content will ever appear on this channel.

I am 34 years old and grew up watching the legendary "pitch-man" Billy Mays who was amazing in his own right. Sadly since I can't match Billy's intensity I went with a more serious tone in my videos : )

• @sneakler Ah, we're right in the same age demographic...made it right under the wire into the millennial generation. Lucky us. Yea, I probably didn't notice you mention "smash that subscribe button" because I've been watching it on here and not YouTube proper, otherwise I'm sure I would have. It's quite annoying and you don't do it. Funny enough, I do follow you on here.

Anywho, good work on the vids. Only advice I would add is in the words of Han Solo "... don't get cocky." Another mistake I notice YouTuber make is overestimating their reach. A lot of players don't know the community well enough to care about adding the defeat of individual players' defeat to their "resume". Hell, I hardly notice the gamertag of the guy I'm currently fighting.

Good stuff though man.

• @theothervillain said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@sneakler Ah, we're right in the same age demographic...made it right under the wire into the millennial generation. Lucky us. Yea, I probably didn't notice you mention "smash that subscribe button" because I've been watching it on here and not YouTube proper, otherwise I'm sure I would have. It's quite annoying and you don't do it. Funny enough, I do follow you on here.

Anywho, good work on the vids. Only advice I would add is in the words of Han Solo "... don't get cocky." Another mistake I notice YouTuber make is overestimating their reach. A lot of players don't know the community well enough to care about adding the defeat of individual players' defeat to their "resume". Hell, I hardly notice the gamertag of the guy I'm currently fighting.

Good stuff though man.

Lol thanks. Trust me I know how irrelevant I am that was a failed attempt at a joke : ) RIP Han Solo. I know having a Sneakler kill on your "resume" is literally meaningless lolz.

• @glannigan said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

Really awesome video. I love that you don’t speak like a “Youtuber” with your speech cadence. Makes it very enjoyable for a non millennial to watch!

I do want to say this and I dont mean to dis respect or come off like a jerk...

PVP’n on a Sloop is really, realy, really easy. Those same shots you took in the beginning of the video would have sunk any Galleon even if 3 people were I repairs.

That PowderKeg - 65% chance that would have sunk the Galleon.

If a hole in a sloop brings in 5 Galleons if water per second than that same hole in a Galleon brings in 500 Galleons per second magnified with the fact it takes 4x the amount of time for each bucket of water.

Anyway great Video!

Galleons do take more water per hole as you say. I believe 3 holes can overwhelm just one player bailing and repairing. I don't think you came across as a jerk though. You said that the shots in the beginning of the video would sink a galleon even if 3 people were repairing it which is not true at all. With just one player repairing a galleon all the rest of the crew needs to do is help with bailing water and they will be fine. A trip or two downstairs by other crew members to grab a bucket-full-o-water while someone is repairing will be more then enough to save a battered galleon.

As far as a sloop being really, really, easy as you say. Yes and no. In that first clip, if @Sneakler had died or been knocked off the sloop while approaching the galleon their boat would have been lost. 8 out of 10 times that would have ended in disaster and I think that is the point he was trying to get across. Yes a sloop takes more holes and less water with those holes but they also have less forgiveness in the moments that you get separated from your ship or killed.

• @sneakler said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@theothervillain said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@glannigan Yeah, gotta agree, the fact that @Sneakler doesn't come off like the hype man on a used car commercial or repeats himself like a drunk guy with a concussion makes a huge difference in actually making it through the videos.

@Glannigan

You guys are cracking me up. I want to troll you guys one of these days and start a video with "HEY WHATS UP YOUTUBE SNEAKLER HERE CLICK THAT LIKE BUTTON IF WE CAN GET THIS VIDEO TO 1000 LIKES WE ARE GONNA DO A GIVEAWAAYYYY"

I also have something else I don't do that nobody has ever mentioned : )

Nowhere in my videos do I ask people to like/subscribe/or click a notification button lol. If they enjoy your video they will do that and if they are not the subscribing type they will at least look you up from time to time. I always thought YouTube was making them say that in every video but that isn't that case. It just wastes peoples time to go through a massive intro of blabbering about yourself. People watched the video to see the video and hear about the video, not be requested to do things.

No clickbait thumbnails/content will ever appear on this channel.

I am 34 years old and grew up watching the legendary "pitch-man" Billy Mays who was amazing in his own right. Sadly since I can't match Billy's intensity I went with a more serious tone in my videos : )

Oxy Clean baby!!!!!!

• I love that you assume that you know who another ship's best players are...

• @galactic-geek said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

I love that you assume that you know who another ship's best players are...

SKILL is not mentioned. Only experience and "what if" scenarios. In the 3rd segment I speak about if your crew decides to send your 2 best at the enemy boat you should know what is at stake. A true statement.

There is a difference between experience and skill. I spoke about experience, within that current session and lifetime SoT PvP experience. If you had to place a real money bet on who would win a fight would you choose someone who has been driving the boat and repairing holes for the last 4 hours or someone who has been in 5-15 skirmishes with other boats/players?

It's not about assumptions : )

Think about it. If someone has drove the ship for 7 encounters in a row and the other players in their crew have attacked for the last 7 encounters who is more warmed up? I used the word experience instead of skill in that video because even a solid PvPer that is on the home team that has had less or zero encounters is not "warmed up" since they haven't been in a sword fight or gun fight as of late.

Would you agree with any of that?

Unless a crew of complete equal PvP skill level goes out of it's way to rotate who will be attacking for every single encounter perfectly balancing out their attacker time then there will be players on the ship with less experience.

Are there crews with their best player as the captain yes. Exceptions to every rule. This is about patterns.

• Experience ≠ Skill

...but yes, it helps 😅
    As they say, "knowledge is power" 🎓

grew up watching the legendary "pitch-man" Billy Mays who was amazing in his own right. Sadly since I can't match Billy's intensity I went with a more serious tone in my videos : )

Lol he was a legend! Infomercials are not the same without them. Product sales are down.

• @wryubiquitous said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@sneakler said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

grew up watching the legendary "pitch-man" Billy Mays who was amazing in his own right. Sadly since I can't match Billy's intensity I went with a more serious tone in my videos : )

Lol he was a legend! Infomercials are not the same without them. Product sales are down.

Hahaha, now all we have is the rubber seal guy and there is the shark vacuum cleaner guy who is a 7/10 at best. Billy never to be forgotten.

@wryubiquitous said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

Hahaha, now all we have is the rubber seal guy and there is the shark vacuum cleaner guy who is a 7/10 at best. Billy never to be forgotten.

Ha :D I can't believe I missed the Billy Mays discussion. I am going to YouTube to watch some Billy Mays highlights immediately. I would have bought anything from Billy. Even a dead hamster.

• @rabiddragoon15 said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

@wryubiquitous said in Sea of Thieves - Combat Mathematics:

Ha :D I can't believe I missed the Billy Mays discussion. I am going to YouTube to watch some Billy Mays highlights immediately. I would have bought anything from Billy. Even a dead hamster.

We had a good chuckle remembering Billy in the party of people I was playing with tonight.

Billy could have convinced me to buy 7,000 G green sails for 500K.

Views
1 out of 18