The Grind

• I am finding the grind hard due to Rl stuff,
    job /children so I can only spend so much time on sea of thieves not as much as I would love to as enjoy the game and the people I have meet and have still to meet ..

the problem is I am too easily distracted on voyages I end up doing loads of other stuff like can I land on that rock from the cannon /rock ,paper .scissors making my own fun minin games hot like hot potato gun powder.

so I will get there at some point but pirate legend seams along way a way for me .

am at 43,41,35 but on wards and upwards not enough hours in the day Sea of Tears

Views
  • @gta5dude74

I feel your pain... I'm still at around 39 ish on Gold Hoarders and OoS and 32 on Merchant and a long way to go.

I decided a while back that, like yourself, it's all about the journey for me, the adventures and now the fortnightly events as well as being distracted by shipwrecks, gorgeous sunsets and shinies all over the islands.

Thinking this way and just letting the progress dribble in has alleviated that disadvantage I felt due to lack of time and I'm still very much enjoying every voyage I do.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/58/ed/4558ed6e5be8f857bcff1a1ce1f4faa6.jpg

• @gta5dude74 I totally get you, I thought, I would have got there earlier than I did, but there is so many other things that, whilst playing, caused distraction, and that's exactly the reason I love this game.

I sit down with my lovely wife, and we say hey, let's grind through a few Merchants, half way through it, we end up doing other silly things, or start chatting with other crews. Makes me smile, and when I hit 50/50/49, I still played a whole night without even considering where I was at. Had to wait till next evening, before making the final push. Love it, the exact reason why I play this game, it's the journey not the grind that makes me smile.

• @gta5dude74 said in The Grind:

the problem is I am too easily distracted on voyages I end up doing loads of other stuff like can I land on that rock from the cannon /rock ,paper .scissors making my own fun minin games hot like hot potato gun powder.

That is only a problem if you're not enjoying yourself while being distracted. If you are having fun then the only problem is in your head when you try to elevate obtaining some title over enjoying yourself.

That people refer to something as a "grind" already triggers something unpleasant in me in the same way as when I hear people talking about the fastest and most efficient way to do something. Sure that's useful when I'm doing something that I want to be over fast, like work for example, but I play games to enjoy myself. As I've already noticed from some people here on the forums, the fastest and most efficient way of reaching Pirate Legend is also the least fun and boring way that adds a huge risk of burning out on the game entirely.

I would suggest you to take your time as the only thing being a Pirate Legend currently offers is doing more of the same voyages that will only offer you reputation after a one to two hour time investment. When you look at the current changes to get reputation through events, it's clear that Rare is trying to make the road to Pirate Legend at least a more varied one.

Views
1 out of 4