What island would you use as a hideout

• Just a quick and pointless question but, if you were using a island (excluding forts and outposts) as your base of operations and ultimately, your hideout, what island would you pick.
    I'm thinking either cannon cove (because of the small cave and the docks), thieves haven (because it's just basically a giant base, with resources, cannons and vantage points) or mermaid's hideaway (because of the underwater cave system and cannons)
    You know what, how bout you put your top 3?
    Looking forward to hearing what other people's opinions are :D
    (Also, when you do post, can you @ me so I get notified on them?)

Views
  • Smugglers Bay I think is number one for me. At the top of the map, you can see other ships coming, and canons to keep those ships out of the bay.. and a neat little cave with a SoT book in it lol. After that, I don't know. Maybe Marauders Arch for similar reasons and Devils Ridge would be my third choice :)

• Discovery Ridge. Corner of the map so you can dock on the southern beach in safety, little cave if you want to linger on the beach, not much seems to send people there(in my experience), dramatic looking main path to the top parts of the island, You got a nice view from the top parts of the island and there's a cool water/spring thing going on that is just relaxing to lounge beside or in.

Sure there's snakes but...they keep the rats at bay.

I also like the shipwreck clubhouse on Old Salt Atoll but there is no concealing a docked ship there. If I could take that shipwreck and put it on the end of the small island chain on the west end of Discovery Ridge I would be very happy.

• Thieve's Haven - decent cannon coverage, ships can be somewhat hidden and protected inside the island, entrances can be blocked with GP kegs, lots of nooks and crannies, it's just cool.

Some others would be Mermaid's Hideaway and Marauder's Arch.

• This topic just makes me want a campfire item so I can camp out on MY island. -glares at everybody-

Thieves Haven and Smugglers Bay are without doubt built for this sort of thing. They feel too pirate settlement for me though as they are already built up to a degree. Of the two I would take Smugglers Bay as I enjoy the north beach of the island. Thieves Haven has bit me too many times with active interior cannons...my poor ship.

I like the little opening on Shipwreck Bay right beside the shipwreck as well. I have held my own there a few times and with the ammo chest up in the shipwreck cabin.

Lookout Point has potential for a low key camp as well.

• @tinballoon24929 I'll never tell ;)

J/k

I like Shipwreck Bay. It's not so big that becomes unmanageable. It has a well elevated lookout point, and a high placed cannon. It's also somewhat fortified along its perimeter with a ring of boulders. Finally, it has enough densely packed brush that is suitable for hiding treasure in.

Cool post.

• Marauders Arch because no one ever goes there

• I'd say Marauders Arch for me. It has a variety of cannon placements and high points allow easy view of the seas and oncoming vessels. There's the arch itself which allows escape for parked vehicles to include if your on a sloop the ability to be defended on two sides while shooting outward yet still a small enough vessel to rotate and slip out the archway (galleons would have a harder time there). Cannon towers if enemies approach from the back with walled entrance routes. Easy ways to drop into it's bay (possibly onto ships) if your playing lookout and need to get to your vessel quickly - thanks to the hole in the arch. It's got a throne I can play king on. Yea, aside from a minor lack of a dedicated cave system, I'd say it's my best choice.

• @tinballoon24929 Thieves Haven because everybody hates it and would avoid it like the plague.

Views
8 out of 9