Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6

• @sir-lotus said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

very cool release notes.

and:
    "Doubloons, so get them before they sink back to the depths on the 25th July."

hmm... i wonder what's going to be released that day... :D

Woohoo can’t wait!!

• @soundwavedebomb Keep in mind that it's a multiplayer game but even if you are sailing alone, on your own you can achieve a third of the commendations and maybe all of them if you try hard. Without trying too hard, you can win enough dubloons to buy all the new cosmetics.

• @sshteeve said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

Looks like folk don't have to cooperate this time round. Might see some smiles on faces.

Nah now u will see the “i have to be on a full galleon for some of them” whiners who wanna be able to do them all solo smh

• For first try I found this one
    alt text

And gunpowder skeletons helped me destroy it alone :D Good start, yet I think I will not finish much this week.

Also I found a bunch of treasures in water in an hour. This is pretty good!

• @murkrage Disagree on the sloop thing, play it solo just fine, no reason you need 2. people.

• @yzahkin said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

For first try I found this one
    alt text

And gunpowder skeletons helped me destroy it alone :D Good start, yet I think I will not finish much this week.

Also I found a bunch of treasures in water in an hour. This is pretty good!

Good Job, found one on Mermaid's Hidaway!!

• @robtinbc said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

@murkrage Disagree on the sloop thing, play it solo just fine, no reason you need 2. people.

Not saying it can't be done :), I play solo on a sloop just fine as well. It's designed to be properly played with 2 people tho.

• Getting fired out a cannon doesn't always fix the "seashell effect" on the first try. May take a couple times

• @SoundWaveDeBomb Please refrain from name calling and using derogatory language toward others on the forum. It is a violation of our Forum rules, and your posts have been edited accordingly.

Derogatory Language
    Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• Sunken Items... yes I accept this!!! Thanks Rare; also thanks for the Rat Flag. Cheers!

• @khaleesibot a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6 :

• Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon.
      We have reports that being fired out of a cannon again clears the muffled sound.

this problem happens when we expel directly after entering the barrel, the best way for this situation does not happen again, just wait 1 second once you're in the barrel

• @yzahkin rapier cay! How many barrels did it take? I tried one and it wasn't enough. I had to take the rest on a merchant voyage to Sanctuary.

• Friends are Still randomly crashing in game.... Can we get a fix this has been happening for two weeks now.

• @d-jaguar You can solo kill a Ruby statue by using 5 gp barrels in very close proximity to it. Move back and shoot a barrel

• Any1 else getting blank Oos bounties on Athenas? Just got two with no pictures just locations locatio s were void of skele crews

• The 'Gunpowder Plot' Commendation and its Legendary Commendation counterpart may not unlock.
    We are investigating a fix for this issue. The time-limited Gunpowder Skeletons event cosmetics will be available again in the future for any players wishing to complete the set.

Where does this leave those of us that should have gotten it, but had trouble even getting the points to count? I ended the event at 18/20 and had gone several forts with no points at all, despite perfectly aimed shots destroying more than enough, even with other crews (we teamed up with other ships, they defended us in exchange for the loot)

• Feedback for you guys. I doubt anything can be fixed with the event itself, but after playing for a few hours wanted to throw in a few things that playing with this patch made me notice :

• First, while giving us under water loot is GREAT (thank you by the way), the way the graphics are and your vision under water? Unless it's sparkling you're highly unlikely to see it. And the sparkling ones happen way less than normal random loot. So this makes it so that you tend to go under water looking for the statues, and come up empty more often than not. Maybe up the amount of loot that drops? I have a feeling that much of it will be missed more than gotten, but then maybe you find one piece here or there, so it feels like you accomplished something?
    • Next, I know you guys said it's in the reefs, but MAN is this stuff far off shore in a lot of cases. I was staying relatively near the shore (not too far down), and would get lucky to see one of the statues flash far off the screen. Going out to it is way off shore, which I wasn't expecting. Granted, reefs are usually farther away from shore, but it's a bit hard to gauge "how far" you have to go off shore. There's no visual (like a reef) to tell you that it's too deep, vs, you'll find something.
    • Now that said some of replies I'm sure to get are "well just drive your ship and listen for the music change". Got that, but I don't think that was intended (at least IMO) to how the devs wanted us to find this stuff. They wanted us to spend more time underwater swimming around and finding them. So instead of playing metal detector with my ship, I'm parking it by the shore and swimming around. So not sure if that feedback for this would be helpful, as it's making it a bit more difficult to do potentially as intended.
    • Only because I was out on the water more, I paid more attention to the sunken ship events you pop up. I noticed that they're always the same galleon, with the same colors, and just a different name and or "depth" in the water. Can't you guys shake it up with different ship types (sloops etc), more spots on the ships that randomly spawn loot (not in the same basic places - throw some right on the deck of the ship, etc), and change the colors?
    • The music for the statues - give a big thanks to your sound department. Between the small music being under water, and that? Great atmospheric feel.
    • Clarification question / feedback (and I'll test and figure out the answer myself) - you said 4 people to kill the ruby statues right? So do you mean ANYONE or just your crew to get credit? The reason I ask is that without that clarification, I'm finding that pirates are more.....hostile....while around some statues. I had a galleon come up and I told them I found a ruby if they wanted to help kill it. And so they immediately killed me and took it. Now while that could be normal pirates for sure, I'm curious if this behavior is because folks think that you won't get credit if someone else kills it around you. Worth at least having that knowledge for sure.
  • @urihamrayne had it happen to 3 times tonight to our crew.

• @d-jaguar It happened like this: I killed a skeleton without exploding it. Then I realized there is the statue. So I started to shoot and hit it with sword fast. Then I remembered the gunpowder keg, so I blow it up. It wasn't enough. So I hit it more with sword. Then skeletons spawned, one of them was gunpowder guy. I exploded it with myself by hitting it with sword. On the damned ship I already had the statue kill count.

• Saw a washed up merchant crate on shore.. Got closer and it turned out to be 4 exquisite spices, a couple tea crates, silk crates, and a sugar crate all piled on each other...
    Quickest 6-7k ever made...
    Not complaining but probably wasnt what was intended..

• So are all of the statues random or no? I keep seeing opposing things on this. Ive read some are set(i imagine the ruby statues) while some are not. Ive heard all of them are random as well.

• @williamherschel said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

Just so I understand this properly. Are you able to do these with a duo sloop? Can you bob up and down for air slowly chipping away at the statues health?

Having tested this last night, as a duo the red ones are toughest, goes much faster with at least 3.

They can be solo'd but it requires some trickery, slashing them up a bit first and then going for a keg or PB blunder, takes a while though.

Greens can be done solo with just a little more effort than blue.

Blues just need 1.

All statues can be hit from outside the zone where they start to do damage.

I like it, the greens and reds are clearly designed to be done by either 2 or 4 players but there's nothing to stop a creative and industrious solo from completing all of these commendations alone.

I would advise not dropping an OoS quest when sailing around for these, the OoS music can make it harder to hear the statues. Drop a GH or Merch voyage instead.

Small islands seem to spawn 1 - 2, medium 2- 3 and large 3 - 4, although that could just be that we found more because we spent more time looking on the medium/large islands, some of them spawn very deep and a much farther distance off the coast than I was expecting.

• Feedback on Sunken Curse event:

Thank you!

Everything that bothered me about previous events has dissipated with this one and it has been great.

So last night me and my sloop matey logged on, my first port of call was to check the Bilge Rat commendations, and to my relief - no clues or obvious directions on where the locations were.

What followed was pure exploration, discovery and wonder. The whole night we maybe did 1 voyage on our way but the rest of our little haul was gathered just by scouring the shores of every island we came across.

Later in the evening we teamed up with another sloop to do some red statues, not because of some arbitrary reason, but because we could and we wanted to. It gave this temporary alliance weight and meaning. Either of us could have joined a galleon but instead we decided to work together.

My only point of feedback would be that I wish they dropped a small gem/trinket or something that you can sell, because after the commendations are over I would love to still have a reason to seek them out.

Other than that, top job.

• 2 weeks is fine for these little adventures but when the bigger content comes out, please make it a month long. It's summer some of us are out of town the end of July. 😉

• I believe that since you program new events and game mechanics, it would be very useful for that effort and work to remain in the game.

for that reason I would like the statues to appear in the future, to encourage us to break them, I think it would be very good if they gave skulls or treasure chalice.

PS: please, more friendly achievements, 1000 chests of captain, 500 voyages ... it's crazy, not to mention shipwrecks and bananas. more fun achievements and less to play endless hours.

Thank you!!!

• @macdoland said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

Feedback on Sunken Curse event:
    Later in the evening we teamed up with another sloop to do some red statues, not because of some arbitrary reason, but because we could and we wanted to. It gave this temporary alliance weight and meaning. Either of us could have joined a galleon but instead we decided to work together.

I agree with this. Teaming up before the events gave it more value and took more effort. It lost some of the creativity once everyone teamed up for an achievement.

• I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can beat the ruby red ones with 3 crew mates on a gallion. All of you at full health and at least one of you throw in a couple sword dashes thrown in with your slashes on it with your 2 friends can kill it easily. No gunpowder needed even my wife and I in duo killed one just the two of us. Just have to make sure your health is at full and both hit it together.

• https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1017382485729136640

• @blindnev
    Nope, you can do all by yourself

• This is such a disappointing event. I was hoping for maybe the fights with Merefolk or something maybe more along the lines of the thrones when I heard it was going to be statues. I think Rare had the best intentions but this event clearly fell short of most peoples hopes. Am I the only one who thinks this or do more people wish Rare had done something different??

• @urihamrayne that would make you one of the first people to actually sit in the sloop brig.

• Don't know whether it has been mentioned

... you can attack the statues from over their heads and take no damage.
    2 person sloop... swords... very achievable. Have bananas, one go for air, one to keep the damage on, take turns, rinse & repeat. Works for all types of statues.

• @piratecraggy said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.6:

Don't know whether it has been mentioned

... you can attack the statues from over their heads and take no damage.
    2 person sloop... swords... very achievable. Have bananas, one go for air, one to keep the damage on, take turns, rinse & repeat. Works for all types of statues.

Aye, it has been:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/67028/known-issues-sunken-curse-patch-1-1-6

• @robtinbc where on mermaid hideaway

• @murkrage

Spot on... thanks... just wondered

Views
1 out of 173