Yet another 'thank you Rare' posts...

• As a kid I used to go sailing with my grandfather in his little yellow sailboat down in Galveston, TX. He would tell me stories of French pirates sailing those very waters... and it was always one of my favorite things to do and still is among my favorite memories. He was a stoic, quiet farmer with a huge imagination. He was a woodworker and would make little pirate ships, and sail boats to give me as presents. We would also play mario kart and diddy kong racing ALL THE TIME and he was obsessed with beating his records. My family moved from town to town a lot, so he was my best friend for a lot of my childhood because he would always come visit and take care of me no matter how far away he was. He passed in 2001 wayyyy too young I still feel like I was robbed of more of his imagination and adventures. When I started playing this game, I immediately felt it was something he would have loved. I mean, he would have ripped apart any non-realistic aspect of sailing I know that for sure - but everything else he would have loved. Anyways, I never realized how much a video game developer could help me connect both as a child and an adult with my late grandfather. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, if anyone ever manages to read this who had any part in making this awesome game. You have a grateful fan for life- even if you let PC players beat up on us xboxers.

Views
  • @buck1827
    What a beautiful post

• @buck1827 Almost cried there :')

Views
1 out of 3