Question concerning treasure chest spawning

• I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up.

I was wondering something about the treasure chest spawning mechanic. Do the chests always spawn in the same area of an island every game session, or does it change?

For example, if I have a map for lone cove and there are 3 chests on it. When I leave the game and come back later in a different session, will there be treasure chests in those 3 spots just waiting for someone to find them or do the chests only spawn when the map is activated with a voyage? OR could I take a screen shot of the map I do have, come back at a later time in a new session, go to that island and find the chests in those areas?

Views
  • @kiethblacklion Ahoy matey!

X Marks the spot and riddle maps will place treasure in certain locations that are randomised. Sometimes you will find that a specific waypoint (tree/stone/rock/bell) is used frequently on an island but the number of spaces to walk and the direction will often change.

The chests spawn into an island when you get the map and not before... so you cant just go digging randomly on island expecting to find treasure.

• The chests only spawn when you dig them up from your voyage. An enemy pirate cannot dig up your treasure unless you hit the first dig. If you leave the server or get a new quest, it is not possible to dig up previously marked chest locations.

• Cool, thanks. Clarifies that.

@Global-Moderators

Since I have the answer to my question, can this thread be locked or deleted (no need to keep it around now).

Views
1 out of 5