Question on Skeleton Fort Keys

• Was playing SOT last night and was at a skeleton fort for a while and got to the boss when a galleon showed up and sank my ship. I was able to focus on the boss, kill him, and run off with the key but had no other option than to try swimming to the nearest island. About 3/4 of the way, a shark attacked me and I ran out of bananas and died. I tried going back to look for it but couldn't find the key. Maybe an hour and a half later, someone from the galleon shot themselves on to my boat and asked if we saw a sloop in the area because they also can't find the key and then shot himself back to the galleon after I said I didn't know what he was talking about.

So my question is... what happened to the key? I assume it sank and I tried diving for it but I think there is no bottom to the ocean as my pirate almost looked like he stopped swimming after a while. Does it ever respawn back at the fort? The galleon was at that fort for another hour or two at least looking for it. Or does it just disappear and no one gets the loot?

Views
  • The key would have floated where you died for 3 to 5 minutes. Then it slowly sinks, if it sinks where there is no bottom it will despawn after a period of time.

In the future The best option for you would have been to hide it then return when your enemies give up.

• @simplkindoman I thought of doing that but I was afraid the galleon would find it and apparently I was right as they were on the island looking for the key for 2-3 hours as I went about doing other voyages. I would almost rather no one get the loot than a galleon roll up after I do all the work and make off with the treasure.

• @drummerzone I have successfully hidden the key at the fort many times.

One overlooked location is underwater.

😜

• @simplkindoman how do you hide it underwater if it floats?

• @drummerzone you allow it to sink

• Yep, you should take the key and hide it inside a bush for example. I did it last week and I came back for the treasure.

• @drummerzone rip I had to find a key in the water in the middle of a kraken attack

Views
1 out of 8