I think the items you get from the bildge rats should not be limited time!

• Personally, I don't think that bildge rat items should be limited time because if you not bought any of it, then you can't get it again! For example, lets say someone goes on holiday and misses out on one of the bildge rat adventures, then they can't get the items. Then they would have missed out and thats just a bit unfair. I believe that they should be put into another category in the dukes inventory called the archives or something where everything is sold for double the price, please share your thoughts

Views
  • If that is the case then Rare would have to bring back everything that was time limited, like the "Day 1" eye patch, and the "Crew" eye of reach, there are also some other cosmetics that some people didn't get if they didn't play the game from day one.

They would also need to bring in the clothing from the controller and the 3 month gold pass because not everyone got that stuff if they didn't buy it.

"Its not fair that they didn't want to buy those things so they shouldn't have to miss out on them".

• @yashiero You make a very good point but for things like the bottle eye of reach and the day one eye patch, they would come back every now and then, but looking slightly different, the bottle says "launch crew" maybe it could says something like 6th update or whatever update and it wouldn't be like they still cost 1 coin or whatever they costed when they were time limited, they would cost like 40,000. What im saying is they would cost ALOT more then they did when they were time limited.

• @tinballoon24929 If you aren't able to earn and redeem every time limited thing, it's unfortunate but it is how life goes.

The ones for taking part in the Bilge Rat Adventures are limited to those that complete the adventure during it.

• irl comparison: You are on vacation and there is a time limited sale at a store where you aren't because of vacation and every thing gets sold out. When you come back the sale is over and the business is closed forever.

• @tinballoon24929 Don't worry when i see the quality of the event Rare is putting out (most are recycled things already in the game; megalodon=bigger shark; thrones=well i got nothing for this one; skeleton gunpowder=should i need to explain this one x) )
    I think they are gonna recycle everything they can, next dlc? brigantine =sloop mixed with a galleon; cursed canon balls = canon balls with effect; etc...)
    It already the case for some items that got shadder or slight color change from each other. So don't worry they will come back for sure!

• @pukeface3010 Then you go to the Ex-store manager and demand that you get some of the stuff from the sale because you were on vacation and couldn't get here in time to buy anything.

• I agree that it does stink if you are unable to get the items, but that's just the way things are. Games do it all the time and it's a way to entice players to come back and play. Selling them for double though isn't a bad idea but I'm not sure exactly if it would help at all cause you then wouldn't be able to get the newest limited stuff.

• Now it seems brutal, but in the near future those time limited equipment will be something to talk about... ah you fight the big megalodon, tell me the story about it!

• @kunda @Jason-Avis @Yashiero @Arkhais @PuKeFaCe3010 @triheadedmonkey , you guys do all make very good points, but all i'm really saying is that it's just a really big shame if you miss out on special items

• @tinballoon24929 Oh yeah, i think they should let the item stay in the shop after the event. It's not like we got too much content that we need to remove some ahah

• @arkhais exactly, or there should be like a scavengers shop that sells those items

• @tinballoon24929 said in I think the items you get from the bildge rats should not be limited time!:

Personally, I don't think that bildge rat items should be limited time because if you not bought any of it, then you can't get it again!

Ahoy there matey. Well, yeah... that is the very definition of a Limited Edition item.

For example, lets say someone goes on holiday and misses out on one of the bildge rat adventures, then they can't get the items. Then they would have missed out and thats just a bit unfair.

I mean, they got to go on a holiday. It evens out a bit there. In all seriousness, the entire idea is that you have an item to show other people that tells the story of how you were there to get it during the time it could be obtained.

Let's say your favorite band is playing in town, you can only get tickets at the door and they play one night only. You happen to be on a holiday so you are forced to miss out. That sucks, but the beauty of such a night is that it is only on that specific night. It makes it special.

• Honestly I have no interest in their keeping the bilge rat items for long term sale. I do understand that the pseudo-weeklies are meant to inspire players to make exceptions in their time and play more often, during certain periods, provide a false sense of emergency in reaching goals, not to mention introduce new game play mechanics which may or may not remain part of the game long term. And a whole lotta other things like forcing interaction and other such...

But let's face it. The game lacks content when looked at from an at launch perspective. Keeping mechanics in game to include the ability to eternally complete these various weeklies really does help solve the issue of content. I mean, we are seeming to keep these new mechanics in some form after the introduction anyhow - skeleton thrones are still in the game... you just don't get bilge rat credit anymore.

Sadly, I agree, allowing there to be no time limit on completion of the tasks fills gaps in content and really solves alot of issues related to the thin presence free form content on the seas.

I have zero issue with the items you can buy being forever lost if your not around during the 'weekly'. But the content and coins could be earned eternally without breaking anything IMO. Hell, for all I know you still can get credit for things like the thrones.. I completed them so fast I wouldn't know...

But why shouldn't some new player still be able to get credit for finding them... sure they might not be able to BUY things like the titles or items... but bilge rat credit shouldn't be myopically linked to the weekly... Credit could be a wide open world series of things to do even if the sales of various items from the bilge rats are 'weekly'.

Hell, games like Fortnite have revolving cosmetics... why can't SoT? Just retain the privilege of getting credit anytime.

I do worry about the sense of need to co-op being lost. People work together better in SoT when they know they have to get something done before the timer expires... that is a big deal since the real goal from Rare seems forced interaction... but I'm sure SOME compromise can be made somewhere.

• @tinballoon24929 I get what you are saying as well, but to be honest if you miss out you miss out. I missed out on the "Day 1" eye patch, I really want that thing, but I can't have it because I didn't play the first 2 weeks of the game. Its nice having things that are limited time. showing off that you were there when this "thing" happened. If everyone could have it, it makes it worthless.

• @yashiero ok, now I see what you mean, also, btw, the day 1 patch is by far the worst of them, if I were you I wouldn't "really want it" it's really not that good

• I think they should. opinions.

• A time limited event should have some time limited rewards. It's pretty nice that they leave the commendations and titles achievable afterwards. The limited items give the people that did show up and participate in the allotted time frame a nice incentive to check out the next timed event, while the late comers also get something as well. It's a system that works pretty well. Everyone still gets a trophy.

• @tinballoon24929 Two weeks is plenty of time even for people on holiday. All 3 events so far have taken a very short amount of time to complete.

Now they should definitly tie progress to your xbox live account so that deleting your pirate doesn't mean you lose the items.

• Keep them limited.

Think of it as a reward for being active and loyal to the game.

You can't always get everything you want, even as a pirate. C'est la vie.

• @blooddoll22 i believe that you can still go and get credit for doing the "thrones" and "meg", but you can't get the limited items or titles that go along with the event. I may be wrong about the titles but, the items you cannot get.

• All the arguments in favor of time-limited content are stupid.
    It's like more and more ways to c**p on new players that join after an event is over, every week. "That looks cool! How do I get one?" "You can't."

• @arkhais said in I think the items you get from the bildge rats should not be limited time!:

@tinballoon24929 Don't worry when i see the quality of the event Rare is putting out (most are recycled things already in the game; megalodon=bigger shark; thrones=well i got nothing for this one; skeleton gunpowder=should i need to explain this one x) )
    I think they are gonna recycle everything they can, next dlc? brigantine =sloop mixed with a galleon; cursed canon balls = canon balls with effect; etc...)
    It already the case for some items that got shadder or slight color change from each other. So don't worry they will come back for sure!

None of the things you mentioned were recycled, but okay.

• It should stay as is.

It gives people different stuff, it creates envy - which isnt a bad thing, it motivates you to be more active.

And in turn, that player with cool stuff that one not might have gets satisfaction out of it, pride even maybe.

Let take pioneers who have a different title available to them and them only... if it was up for everyone it would not make them special would it?

Same goes for all items what are limited.

• At the moment the items gained from the events aren't special (yet). Later on they will become more rare as new people start playing and older ones hang their skeleton coats on the coatrack.

These limited events give some semblance of story to your character. Remember that time we sat on thrones? No Me neither but we got a coat and a hat!

Having just everyone able to get them makes doing the events when they're active less special giving people no incentive to do these during their event weeks.

If you go on holiday just have fun there. Don't think about what you're missing in a silly game. Go out explore your vacation destination and have fun!

• @tinballoon24929 Sorry, but I disagree - the only point of the limited-time cosmetics is to show players that you were there and you took part in that particular event. Yes, there is some cool stuff and I get why everyone wants that stuff, but it would destroy the idea of telling your character's story with their cosmetics. My character has a big shark bite scar because he fought the megalodon during the Hungering Deep event - as time goes on, and more and more events and limited-time clothes and weapons appear, this will just get richer, and I love it!

A colleague of mine only just started playing last week, and he thought it was cool that he was seeing people wearing stuff that you couldn't buy in the shops - even if he didn't know how or why they got that stuff, he knew it was because they must have done something cool/different at some point before he started playing. That's the way it should be.

This has now got me wondering - would it be cool if pirate legends got a new legendary outfit available each month, with past ones then being retired? Maybe just a different re-colour of the existing outfit? You could then see a little something about when a pirate became a legend... I'm nowhere near legend status yet, but I'd be quite happy to miss out on older versions of the outfit in favour of a "class of July 2018" kind of vibe... just a thought...

• @pukeface3010 said in I think the items you get from the bildge rats should not be limited time!:

irl comparison: You are on vacation and there is a time limited sale at a store where you aren't because of vacation and every thing gets sold out. When you come back the sale is over and the business is closed forever.

At least in my town, there isn't a closing store every 2 weeks selling wares that I can't get anywhere else.

• @tinballoon24929 said in I think the items you get from the bildge rats should not be limited time!:

@kunda @Jason-Avis @Yashiero @Arkhais @PuKeFaCe3010 @triheadedmonkey , you guys do all make very good points, but all i'm really saying is that it's just a really big shame if you miss out on special items

Imagine this, you're on holiday and you miss out on the Xbox Live Summer Sale, who's fault is it, yours or Microsofts?

The correct answer is nobody's, but that doesn't mean that you should be able to go to Microsoft and ask to buy Sea of Thieves (for example) at 50% off a week after the sale has closed.

At the end of the day the system for the Bilge Rat adventures is how it is, if you miss out then very sorry.

I personally like it the way it is, it kind of means that eventually we are going to see loads of different pirates all dressed up differently.

Views
1 out of 28