Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide

• I am sure a fair amount of players know some of these things by now. But there are many that will find this video helpful. Thanks in advance and enjoy : )

Sneak

Views
  • @sneakler Hahahaha 6 in a row! World Record : D

• @rabiddragoon15 said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@sneakler Hahahaha 6 in a row! World Record : D

Lol, right. Fastest 6 chests in SoT history!!!

• i also have a guide: do skullforts until u hit 50 and grind the rest u need regulary... have fun

• @thealcani said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

i also have a guide: do skullforts until u hit 50 and grind the rest u need regulary... have fun

Lol. Next level advice right here. I knew I missed something in the video.

We didn't get into server hopping and did a fort or two a night. But if server hopping is something that interests you it is efficient if you have a decent crew. Doing this with randoms that think they know what they are doing can be a mess I imagine. Only free forts or forts that only require sinking one ship are what I would call efficient. Just my opinion of course.

• @sneakler Another great video with some really good tips.

I wanted to lookup exactly what quests, and how many different types there are per each promotion of a faction, but nobody seems to have relayed that information yet. Presumably, because unless you were taking notes on your way to pirate legend, the process to get that information would be very time consuming.

I only wondered if there was a "best" level of promotion to stay on, to make grinding much easier.

• @foxdodge said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@sneakler Another great video with some really good tips.

I wanted to lookup exactly what quests, and how many different types there are per each promotion of a faction, but nobody seems to have relayed that information yet. Presumably, because unless you were taking notes on your way to pirate legend, the process to get that information would be very time consuming.

I only wondered if there was a "best" level of promotion to stay on, to make grinding much easier.

I always bought the promotions as soon as available but I have no idea if there is an advantage by not doing so. I do know that higher level quests for OOS and GH now have better drop rates at higher levels and supposedly merchant but I am not convinced that merchant quests have been buffed : ) still very rare to get a jackpot merchant mission.

Also, thank you!

• @sneakler said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@foxdodge said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

I always bought the promotions as soon as available but I have no idea if there is an advantage by not doing so. I do know that higher level quests for OOS and GH now have better drop rates at higher levels and supposedly merchant but I am not convinced that merchant quests have been buffed : ) still very rare to get a jackpot merchant mission.

I feel like Merchant Alliance missions are the most random in the game as well. Having a great golden animal mission seems like something you don't see very often.

• @wryubiquitous said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@sneakler said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

I feel like Merchant Alliance missions are the most random in the game as well. Having a great golden animal mission seems like something you don't see very often.

Ha, I don't know if you remember this but the patch that announced that they buffed gold hoarders and OOS rewards didn't say anything about buffing merchant and then after the fact they edited the post and said oh by the way we buffed merchant chances for good missions but I was never convinced of that. Conspiracy theory of course lol.

The funniest part about it is that I got my best merchant voyage ever while making this video. They waited until I didn't need it to give it to me : )

Also, thank you!

So lets say hypothetically you have this...friend. Now this friend is a day one player BUT spent most of his time putzing around instead of being productive and doing his quests. Is there anything you would potentially recommend to this friend if he didn't unlock hardly any of the promotions. Is there any advantage you can think of at staying at the lower levels?

Asking for a friend.

• @theothervillain said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

Also, thank you!

So lets say hypothetically you have this...friend. Now this friend is a day one player BUT spent most of his time putzing around instead of being productive and doing his quests. Is there anything you would potentially recommend to this friend if he didn't unlock hardly any of the promotions. Is there any advantage you can think of at staying at the lower levels?

Asking for a friend.

Here is my take on this. There is not any real benefit that I can think of. Missions are cheaper at lower levels and you could get cheap coops and pig crates from cancelling missions but you won't get any snake baskets given to you at a low level.

Now that they buffed the rewards accordingly as you level up I feel the only real benefit is the other way around here. Your friend gets a benefit by playing with you and getting better voyages for all 3 trading companies.

@rabiddragoon15 said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@sneakler Hahahaha 6 in a row! World Record : D

Lol, right. Fastest 6 chests in SoT history!!!

Great effort, I've done 7 chests in a row with the first dig but, as I was helping out a new comer to the game, we were doing the low level quests which meant that each island only had one or two chests. It sure made me look good in front of the young fella. lol

Thanks for another great video. :o)

• @sneakler Hmmm, thanks for the advice. Full disclosure, I'm the "friend". I was just being silly. I am a day one player but I honestly haven't upgraded my my voyages beyond the first couple. I heard this may be a thing and I'm curious. I know you get more money at higher levels but do you get more xp? Being that this isn't GTA money doesn't get you better items and I'm honestly pretty happy with my pirate appearance faster money isn't all that important.

Also, do i want snake baskets? I obviously haven't received any yet. Maybe ill level up one of the merchants as a comparison...🤔

@sneakler Hmmm, thanks for the advice. Full disclosure, I'm the "friend". I was just being silly. I am a day one player but I honestly haven't upgraded my my voyages beyond the first couple. I heard this may be a thing and I'm curious. I know you get more money at higher levels but do you get more xp? Being that this isn't GTA money doesn't get you better items and I'm honestly pretty happy with my pirate appearance faster money isn't all that important.

Also, do i want snake baskets? I obviously haven't received any yet. Maybe ill level up one of the merchants as a comparison...🤔

This had me laughing "my friend"

As far as more money/rep at higher levels. You would get more rep just because you will get better items which are worth more rep/money.

There becomes a point during OOS and GH where you will get Marauders/Captains chests 90% of the time. Same with OOS, 90% of the time you will get Hateful/Villainous skulls. So the rep gains are certainly higher for the higher tiers missions.

Snake baskets are nice : ) snakes are low maintenance once you catch them like chickens and they blacks and golds sell for alot and give you nice rep.

@theothervillain said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

@sneakler Hmmm, thanks for the advice. Full disclosure, I'm the "friend". I was just being silly. I am a day one player but I honestly haven't upgraded my my voyages beyond the first couple. I heard this may be a thing and I'm curious. I know you get more money at higher levels but do you get more xp? Being that this isn't GTA money doesn't get you better items and I'm honestly pretty happy with my pirate appearance faster money isn't all that important.

As far as more money/rep at higher levels. You would get more rep just because you will get better items which are worth more rep/money.

There becomes a point during OOS and GH where you will get Marauders/Captains chests 90% of the time. Same with OOS, 90% of the time you will get Hateful/Villainous skulls. So the rep gains are certainly higher for the higher tiers missions.

Snake baskets are nice : ) snakes are low maintenance once you catch them like chickens and they blacks and golds sell for alot and give you nice rep.

Yea, I was saying my "friend" because I actually am a day one player and I'm still sailing around with default gear and clothing with a day one patch. Looks kinda sad.

So it looks like there is an rp advantage for leveling up. I guess the question becomes does staying at a low level give short enough voyages to make up for the lack of rp in the long run? I think ill have to try to theory and level up one and keep the other base. I'll probably leave the merchant quests low since it seems to be the biggest grind.

Ah, I see. So there is an advantage of

@theothervillain said in Getting to Pirate Legend with efficiency guide:

Yea, I was saying my "friend" because I actually am a day one player and I'm still sailing around with default gear and clothing with a day one patch. Looks kinda sad.

So it looks like there is an rp advantage for leveling up. I guess the question becomes does staying at a low level give short enough voyages to make up for the lack of rp in the long run? I think ill have to try to theory and level up one and keep the other base. I'll probably leave the merchant quests low since it seems to be the biggest grind.

Ah, I see. So there is an advantage of

I am curious to see how that works out keeping one of them low. Let me know : )

If you are a commendation completionist there are definitely benefits to lower level quests. Some of the people I play with use this to get more foul skulls and also to get more actual mission completions.

Views
1 out of 16