Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5

• Just a random thought for the developers. Having a server shutdown during a major American holiday where most Americans have the day off from work was probably a bad idea. Should try to schedule these maintenance events with major holidays from various countries in mind. Especially major ones where people wake up with more available free time then normal.

That being said love the game and the direction. Love the new updates and the bi-weekly new challenges. Keep up the good work.

• Servers are back up!

• There is friendlyfire with the canons. Is that normal?

• @jetorchidee97 I think that IS normal is it not?

• @musicmee a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5 :

@jetorchidee97 I think that IS normal is it not?

Oh my bad, I always thought it wasn't.

• @greencamillion1
    Maybe one day ^^
    You can see it on background of the instrument shop on the outposts.

• shot at my own sloop from a cannon tower at a fort with the sail up and the anchor up. ship didn't move an inch. it didn't even bob up and down more than normal than what the waves were doing to it. also the titles are still in the shop even though i bought them.

• Our ship wasn´t move a inch when get hit, but there is now Friendly Fire with Canons °_°

• @saskeks there's always been friendly fire on ships with cannons unless now you mean against other players because before that would only move people on the same crew and not damage them

• Friendly Splash Damage confirmed via Cannonball shots - with varying degrees of health drop!!

Oooo, that'll make cheesing Midnight Skulls even more of a 'blast' for the pirate holding the Lantern up..... ;-)

• To all those who kept saying "no one is cheating get good"! Here is your proof people were and still are cheating. Now how do you feel?

• @khaleesibot seems more realistic.

• Cannonball ship rocking sounds like a pain...will have to see how it plays out but hope it didnt just make it a whoever fires first wins type thing because the person hit is rocking amd has a real hard time being able to return fire.

• @hoppentosse said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@doubledragun sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

To all those who kept saying "no one is cheating get good"! Here is your proof people were and still are cheating. Now how do you feel?

Superior.

You mean stupider aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahah

• Cannonball hits causing rocking sounds cool at first. But I expect it will empower hardcore PvPers, who inititiate combat and who generally have better aim than players who don't engage in PvP combat as often. Hopefully, it is something Rare can monitor with telemetry.

• @doubledragun owned epic gamer style dude!

• @schwammlgott said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@sshteeve sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

Cannonball ship-rocking is going to be interesting!
    Also glad to see that cheaters are finally getting their just-rewards!

That will make fights really interesting...let's see how much the effect will be

ship flies away

• @mrgrim67686 sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@schwammlgott said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@sshteeve sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

Cannonball ship-rocking is going to be interesting!
    Also glad to see that cheaters are finally getting their just-rewards!

That will make fights really interesting...let's see how much the effect will be

ship flies away

All 4 cannons hitting a sloop...so, maybe 😉😂😂

• Yusss love banjo kazooie! Good update looking forward to curse sails! :)
    Ps. It’s Davy Jones locker for those cheaters!

• WOW - ship reacting to cannonballs is going to be HUGE. No more easy aiming during a fight. GREAT addition RARE!!!

I wonder if you could turn a ship by aiming at the front for example?

• @khaleesibot @Rare-Employee A couple of questions regarding this patch:

1. Why is the "Item Shorcut: Speaking Trumpet" keybind/button bind still missing under Keyboard and Mouse and Controller configuration?
      Hint: If you ever decide to add new usable inventory items in the future, ensure there is an "Item Shortcut" keybind/button bind for both Keyboard and Mouse as well as Controller added with it!

2. Why is there still no Text Chat support and keybind/button bind on Xbox One (via Xbox One Chatpad & USB Keyboard)?

3. Why is there still no "Push to talk" keybind/button bind for the Xbox One version?

4. Why is Windows Family Sharing with 2 persons in the same household (as intended) when both players are playing on the PC still crashing the client (it's fine if you play with two Xbox Ones or one Xbox One and one PC)?

When do you intend to finally implement/fix all of the above?

• Boo bad rare you broke sea of thieves on July 4th is this cause we aren't a British colony you punish us this day of all days to make it where it can't sell anything at all :-/

• Thank u Rare so much for stepping up and taking care of our Sea of Thieves "bullies"!! This type of action REALLY shows u care and want to protect the community from unwanted garbage players...thank u again, u have my respect!

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

• The 'Gunpowder Plot' Commendation and it's Legendary Commendation counterpart may not unlock.
      This issue appears to be intermittent and we are investigating its root cause. We are aware that for some players, retrying the Commendation correctly awards it.

Is this the same thing as not getting progression towards the title? Because I'm not getting any counts. Even people who were AFK at the fort once got 9 counts and I got 0 and I did most of the work. Cleared 2 more forts after that and still standing still at 2/20

Would really like to know if I should bother.

• When do the developer youtube entries generally get posted each week?

• @captnjaq casual

• There's a bug of being unable to resupply ammo or interact with supply barrels on active forts. Dying fixes it or going back to your own ship but it's not helpful when your ship is sunk and dying is not possible (without major inconvenience at least)

But excited to see the rocking of boats from cannon fire. Absolutely love the rockback from powder kegs from the previous patch.

Can't wait for Cursed Sails!

• Good patch, first time reading notes on here and it is perfectly put together. Thanks Rare and ggs. -Roku

• Kinda unreal that on the birthday of the United States we get a figure to celebrate a different video game. I was really excited about a new flag [mod edited]

• @captgraykid said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

Kinda unreal that on the birthday of the United States we get a figure to celebrate a different video game.

Or maybe it's to celebrate the 20th anniversary of a game that was made by Rare?

P. S. It was also Canada's birthday 4 days ago.
    Not everything is about the USA.

Happy independence day to you!

• The ingame loading screen text with the new figurehead in the german game version is in english...

• @ecljpse
    Definitely didn't see this as a bug to fix. It was really fun dealing with to Megalos

• Was it intentional that cannons now hurt crewmates

Views
33 out of 211