Someone in the US to get some chips Ahoy codes ?

• Hi mateys :)

It came to my knowledge that an event is currently underway in the US to get unique items in the game, in partnership with ahoy chips (https://mondelez.promo.eprize.com/chipsahoyxbox/).

Apparently there is no need to buy these chips, just check the package and take a picture of the code then redeem it. Apparently it takes 4 codes to receive the 4 items.

Because I'm french I'm asking if someone, currently on the American soil, would it be able to retrieve a bunch of codes (4 ideally) in order for me to receive these exclusive items? Again, no need to buy, just to walk around a supermarket and snap some...

In any case, I wish you all a fine cruising.
    Cheers

Views
  • Asking some one to take pictures of the codes without paying for them is basically stealing....
    But yeah sure someone might do it for you

• @shuoink I am fairly sure the terms and conditions on this specify no purchase necessary.

• @shuoink

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to residents of the 50 U.S. (and D.C.), 18 and older. Ends 11:59 pm ET on 12/31/18. Void where prohibited.

Unfortunate, but does mean they aren't breaking the rules.

• @katttruewalker said in Someone in the US to get some chips Ahoy codes ?:

@shuoink I am fairly sure the terms and conditions on this specify no purchase necessary.

Sweet then!
    Thought they fixed em so they could only be used once now though? Personally it feels slightly like stealing some what.

Most promotions like this DO have a no purchade neccesary thing but you have to mail them a letter as an entry form or something to have a code sent out. I doubt they want people just taking pictures off the back without actually buying the product but what do i know. Gl OP

• @musicmee
    No purchase necessary is in regards to mail in entries if you read the fine print... Taking the codes off the packages In the store is the equivalent of theft... Whether it be a cent or a million dollars. Theft is THEFT

• @shuoink As far as I am aware, yes, the codes are one use only but there have been codes shared extensively across Sea of Thieves platforms by those generous enough to do so.

• @dishingyou209 That's why I said rules... and not store policy or morals :P

I would never promote this kind of piracy!

• @dishingyou209 said in Someone in the US to get some chips Ahoy codes ?:

@musicmee
    No purchase necessary is in regards to mail in entries if you read the fine print... Taking the codes off the packages In the store is the equivalent of theft... Whether it be a cent or a million dollars. Theft is THEFT

Thanks that how i thought it worked. Just about any giveaway or prom o type event has a no purchase neccesary option to make it legal in the US but you have to mail in an entry form to qualify..
    So yeah..someone else might do it for OP, im going to pass

@shuoink As far as I am aware, yes, the codes are one use only but there have been codes shared extensively across Sea of Thieves platforms by those generous enough to do so.

Agree that people are generous and have shared codes, im just not going to steal some like OP is suggesting...im sure someone will come across some codes they could share

• @shuoink
    Perhaps the op should look into purchasing the codes honestly...

• For anyone else who is still wondering about this promotion -

MICROSOFT IS NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS EXECUTION OR ADMINISTRATION.

Promotion begins at 12:00 am ET on May 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on December 31, 2018

Official Rules
    https://mondelez.promo.eprize.com/chipsahoyxbox/?affiliate_id_sw

• @katttruewalker
    And if you read the rules for the no purchase necessary "free entry" it says it by mail not by THEFT of the codes off the packages....

• This post should be blocked unless rare encourages theft such as the op has asked for

• I believe photographing codes in a store without buying the cookies would be the equivalent of theft. How happy would you be if you bought a box and the code didn't work because someone else already registered it? Even if it weren't theft, I certainly wouldn't consider it ethical. We should only be promoting piracy in Sea of Thieves, not in real life.

Buying a few packs of cookies shouldn't be much of an imposition. They were on sale yesterday at a local supermarket, thee packages for $5. Offering to pay for said cookies would probably be the respectable way of going about this.

• Hey. Op. I heard french banks are giving away free money... You just have to go in there and take it and send it to me. 😂😂😂😊

• @katttruewalker Please note it does say a purchase is required to participate in the offer, which includes downloadable content. A purchase is not required to enter the sweepstakes, but that does not include the DLC. People have to buy the cookies to use the code (legally).

• @genuine-heather
    It actually says both, it also says it's restricted to the US.
    Mailing your entry is one of the alternative methods mentioned, you are able to put codes into the website from any location. So the official rules actually contradict themselves.

'You’ll have the opportunity to enter an exclusive Chips Ahoy! sweepstakes for a chance to win an Xbox One X, Xbox One wireless controller and a digital copy of Sea of Thieves. The U.S only sweepstakes runs through the end of 2018 and you can enter here at www.chipsahoyxbox.com.'

Sea of Thieves and Xbox One X Mark the Spot with Chips Ahoy

In my opinion, it's up to Chips Ahoy, I'm sure they are not unaware of the consequences of using a website form accessible by all and it is still good publicity for them at little cost for the virtual goods they are offering.

@genuine-heather
    It actually says both, it also says it's restricted to the US.
    Mailing your entry is one of the alternative methods mentioned, you are able to put codes into the website from any location. So the official rules actually contradict themselves.

You can mail an entry in for the sweepstakes but not the DLC. They are considered separate. It explicitly states a purchase is required to participate in the offer, meaning the content. I understand the confusion but there is no ambiguity in the right or wrong of photographing codes from packages in the store. It is wrong and likely illegal. I'm not saying it's Microsoft's problem, but I also think promoting unethical, if not illegal, practices is walking a very slippery slope, especially when a perfectly legal approach is available.

• Someone told me the codes are reusable after a certain time. He said like 1 day, but I'm not sure if I believe that. I'll have to find one of my old codes and see if it can be used again. I know the sweepstakes lasts all year.

• @aliasmask Ahoy matey!

They used to be reusable early on in the promotion but since this was found out it was made so the codes are now one time only.

• Just for you to know, I would have bought some if I was on US soil.
    However, it would be hard for me, from France, to buy some chips at their original price, making sure the packing is the proper one with the code still working fine... (:

And, as stated by the terms and conditions, no purchase is required. That is exactly why they printed the code ONTO the package, not within.
    You have to understand this kind of stuff was thoroughly discussed with a dozen of people around a table before launching the promotion.
    I am not breaking any rules by asking kindly, please don't try to scare the ones who might help some fellow foreigners as myself.

• @loloc83 said in Someone in the US to get some chips Ahoy codes ?:

And, as stated by the terms and conditions, no purchase is required. That is exactly why they printed the code ONTO the package, not within.
    You have to understand this kind of stuff was thoroughly discussed with a dozen of people around a table before launching the promotion.
    I am not breaking any rules by asking kindly, please don't try to scare the ones who might help some fellow foreigners as myself.

It is absolutely false to claim there is "no purchase required" for the DLC. The conditions explicitly state that purchase is required for the offers, but not for the sweepstakes. Why don't you just offer to pay for the cookies? That would be the decent thing to do. Taking photos of the codes is unethical and likely illegal. They don't make those offers so everyone can get free stuff, they make them to sell cookies. Buy the dang cookies. Sheesh.

• @loloc83 I have some old codes that have only been used once, if you'd like to try them...

• @genuine-heather a dit dans Someone in the US to get some chips Ahoy codes ? :

It is absolutely false to claim there is "no purchase required" for the DLC. The conditions explicitly state that purchase is required for the offers, but not for the sweepstakes. Why don't you just offer to pay for the cookies? That would be the decent thing to do. Taking photos of the codes is unethical and likely illegal. They don't make those offers so everyone can get free stuff, they make them to sell cookies. Buy the dang cookies. Sheesh.

I have the impression you're taking my simple proposal a bit personnally. If you don't want to bother, it's totally fine, but I do strongly believe that 90% of the people that redeemed the codes did not even buy the cookies, so this is your personal opinion. You stated it, that's alright, but don't try to overdo it and continuously feed others with it.

Moreover, as I stated, I wouldn't mind buying them myself IF I would have the opportunity to do so. But from where I stand right now, that is impossible. And giving money to someone without the guarantee that the codes are still working, that's a no-no either. Plus, they don't make it to sell them, but to make them known to a larger population. It's an advertisement.

My demand is orientated to sympathetic SoT gamers and US citizens that might come by some stores in the next days. If that is not your case, please don't try to sink my post. Cheers...

• @loloc83 It's not "personal" at all. You are dead wrong about this. It is unethical and likely illegal to photograph cookie boxes in the store and use those codes. It's akin to stealing. Asking people to engage in this behavior is wrong. This is not "personal" it's just factual.

People pay for things before receiving them all the time. That's how things work. You could use PayPal. Simple. I don't know what you mean by saying "it's an advertisement." What do you think the point of putting DLC in the cookies is? It's to sell the cookies.

This is a simple "right or wrong" scenario. I'm stunned by how many people can't see that. Theft is theft. Period.

EDIT: Imagine going to the supermarket and buying four bags of cookies, then getting home and finding out the codes won't work because some twit already used them. I bet your attitude would change really fast.

• @loloc83 I promise you, the majority of people do buy their codes

That was the second batch I BOUGHT just to give the codes to friends who couldn't buy them where they live.

I'm not going to deprive someone who bought the cookies of their bonuses.... and its distasteful to encourage others too.

Views
1 out of 28