new 1.1.4 update error code 0x80080206

• I'm trying to install the new 1.1.4 update on windows 10 but I keep getting this error code: 0x80080206. The update goes for a bite and then just says error, restarting my computer doesn't help and I've tried doing the windows update but that still doesn't help, if anyone can suject anything or knows how to fix it that would be great .

Views
  • First of all have you reinstalled the game?

• also you can find a few suggestions in here:

• @mad-jack-ketch Will this loose all my data ?

• @pingulite Ahoy matey!

There are no worries there, all your game data is stored in the cloud so whatever you do to fix it won't hurt. Just log back in as you and everything is right as you left it.

• @musicmee Even all the cosmetics that I have bought and my character .

• @pingulite Correct! :D All saved to the cloud.

• @musicmee Ok thanks I will see if it works

• @mad-jack-ketch Didn't work still saying error

• @pingulite okay. Have you tried logging into a local account?

• @mad-jack-ketch What do you mean by local account ?

• @pingulite One that isn't logged in to a microsoft account :)

• @mad-jack-ketch I am logged into my account on the Microsoft store if that's what you mean.

• @pingulite Ok...

• @mad-jack-ketch Yeah I am logged into my Microsoft account but I'm creating another Microsoft account .

• @pingulite Once you created that account log into it and open the microsoft store and xbox app and sign in with your microsoft account information then try and run the game and see what happens.

• Hey,
    I had the same error, but with Forza Horizon 4, try the following link and complete all of the instructions it provides, this fixed my issue with downloading and installing the game, i'm not entirely sure if the same applies to Sea of thieves but may as well give it a shot.

Goodluck!

• @dxymon Sorry, forgot to add, when it asks you to change your download mode in files, the instructions on the website are to change it from "enabled" to "not configured" but my settings were preset to "not configured" I decided to change it to "enabled" and did the opposite to what the website told me but it worked anyways so i got no idea

Views
17 out of 18