[POLL] Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july

• Its that time of year again! The 4th of July. I think it could be fitting to get a Star Spangled Banner for the majority of Sea of Thieves players, which are those based in the U.S.

I think between July 1 to July 5, we can get a red and white stripped flag, with a blue rectangle on the top corner by the mast. And a ring of 13 stars to represent the original 13 states.

I hope we get something for our holiday, and maybe future holidays too, like Haloween, Christmas, Ext.

And now seeing how many debates are on here, I decided to make a Twitter poll so we can vote ans hopefully have Rare see. https://mobile.twitter.com/CheatingPirate/status/1012718933026136065

Views
  • @cheatingpirate excellent request, I am a proud veteran. Please let me fly my flag.

• @captgraykid Oh really!? Thank you for serving our country. Where did you fight/deployed?

• Sounds reasonable to me. Might as well add a bunch of other world flags down the line also.

• @cheatingpirate mostly south America and the Caribbean. USCG

• I say "sure, why not." even tho I'm not from US. I doubt it'll happen, but I personaly wouldn't mind it.

But...

I'm sorry, it made me laugh. think about it really carefuly. You're asking a UK developer to help you celebrate Independence Day. :)

• @sir-lotus said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

I say "sure, why not." even tho I'm not from US. I doubt it'll happen, but I personaly wouldn't mind it.

But...

I'm sorry, it made laugh. think about it really carefuly. You're asking a UK developer to help you celebrate Independence Day. :)

If they celebrate player's private parts, well... I'm curious to see why the American flag won't happen.

Though, my take, my opinion:

Either no country flags ever, or all country flags, always.

Let's see how long it takes for this thread to be locked.

• @captgraykid said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@cheatingpirate mostly south America and the Caribbean. USCG

Thank you for your service! ♥️🍺

• @dislex-fx yeah that is pretty much true. And probably other holiday themed feats as well. Like haloween, christmas, Valentine's day, ext.

• @sir-lotus laughing more if they still hold a grudge more than two centuries later. Honestly they are probably glad they don't have anything to do with El Presidente Trumpeh.

• No politics or sexuality please...oh wait they already did....guess it don't matter now. Lets see where the rabbit hole takes us.

• Please no. Nationalism has no place in a land where it doesn't even exist.

• Remember that time the4th of July was no longer just an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Good times..

• @el-dunco said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Remember that time the4th of July was no longer just an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Good times..

Brilliant. A flag of Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum. I think the entire community can unite behind this flag.

• No way, rebel colonials!

• @el-dunco That is one of the best speeches in movie! Gets me pumped up every time I hear it.

• In pirate times, the "U.S." flag looked like this...

alt text

• @siriondb Sorry to burst your reality bubble but "sexuality" doesn't exist in the game either. This isn't SIMS 5: Pirate's life 4 me.

• @siriondb dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Please no. Nationalism has no place in a land where it doesn't even exist.

But pride month didn’t exist by that time but still it’s being represented by a rainbow flag

• @xxx1ra1xxx said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@siriondb dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

But neither pride month existed by that time but still it’s being represented by a rainbow flag

Rainbows existed.

• @dislex-fx said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:
    Though, my take, my opinion:
    Either no country flags ever, or all country flags, always.

I thought this as soon as Flags were a thing. I'm in the US, but I like the Switzerland flag. Its like inverse of the American Red Cross, so I would consider myself a medic, handing out bananas to the victimized and downtrodden pirates.

• @genuine-heather dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@xxx1ra1xxx said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

But neither pride month existed by that time but still it’s being represented by a rainbow flag

Rainbows existed.

Rainbows existed yeah but in a flag it’s pride meaning wasn’t determined by that time

• @genuine-heather

"The era of piracy in the Caribbean began in the 1500s and phased out in the 1830s after the navies of the nations of Western Europe and North America with colonies in the Caribbean began combating pirates."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in_the_Caribbean

So this flag:
    alt text
    Would have been in existence for ≈60 years

• @xxx1ra1xxx

I'm not talking about Pride Month here.

In fact, your answer doesn't fit with what I'm saying.

Essentially, I am saying I do not wish to see any form of Nationalism in the game. My idea behind that is that the Devs have maintained that the World of Sea of Thieves is not set in our Current World and Reality.

Although, I can understand where you're trying to get at with your weak comparison. That being said, it is important to know that there was far more homosexuality in the pirates of old than History cares to admit.

• @xxx1ra1xxx said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@genuine-heather dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Rainbows existed.

Rainbows existed yeah but in a flag it’s pride meaning wasn’t determined by that time

Exactly. In the game it's just a rainbow.

• @genuine-heather said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Rainbows existed.

Not according to Rare...

• @dislex-fx said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@genuine-heather said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Rainbows existed.

Not according to Rare...

According to everyone. We're talking about the game now, not the "real world." Rainbows surely existed in the 1700s. While Rare clearly chose to support diversity and inclusion by recognizing pride month and giving us a beautiful rainbow flag, in the game world it obviously would have no association with the LGBT movement, because as you so aptly pointed out, it didn't exist in that era. It can mean whatever you want it to mean. In any case, it certainly doesn't represent anybody's "private parts." That's absurd.

• @siriondb dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

@xxx1ra1xxx
    Essentially, I am saying I do not wish to see any form of Nationalism in the game.

You don’t wish to see nationalism in the game but we didn’t wish neither to see real world stuff like a pride month representation, so wheres the equality?

Although, I can understand your weak comparison. That being said, it is important to know that there was far more homosexuality in the pirates of old than History cares to admit.

Mine wasn’t a weak comparison, at least not as weak as what you said.

And about the other thing, homosexuality in pirates doesn’t make logical a rainbow flag for it’s representation as it didn’t exist by that time, also, clearly it was included for the actual pride month situation

• @doctor-dissaray The Golden Age of piracy, which is clearly the setting for this game, ended in the 1720s.

• @siriondb said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:
    Essentially, I am saying I do not wish to see any form of Nationalism in the game.

Consider that others may want to represent where they are from.

My idea behind that is that the Devs have maintained that the World of Sea of Thieves is not set in our Current World and Reality.

And the MCU is not our Current World and Reality, but they have Beyonce.

• @genuine-heather dijo en Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

Rainbows existed.

Even in the patch notes was said it was for pride month, so no, not just a rainbow

• Country flags would be cool.

• Yes, the Rainbow Flag was added and the Devs followed through by saying it was for Pride Month. I applaud and commend their decision.

It doesn't have to be fair or equal because it doesn't weigh the same. Nationalism doesn't have its place in the game because of the connection with the real world. That is my opinion of it, at least in part. My opinion on Nationalism is far more detailed, but this is not the place nor the time to discuss politics.

The Pride Flag was added in the game by the Devs because they felt like it was worth adding to their game. Whether it was relevant in the days of Piracy, or whatever, it doesn't matter.

• Like i have always said. If you are OK with them bringing in something that represents a Real World topic/issue/controversy/.etc then you NEED to be OK with all other forms. Otherwise if you are only OK with 1 but not the others, you are by definition a hypocrite.

• @doctor-dissaray said in Star Spangled Banner! Flag for the 4th of july:

And the MCU is not our Current World and Reality, but they have Beyonce.

Even our fictional worlds have problems

Views
1 out of 188