Introducing the Boatswains

• @logansdadtoo Maybe we can have our own flag...xD To soon? Pahaha #ItsAJokeDontBanMe ;)

• Good idea. A little recognition for those trying to keep the forums civil.

• @aliasmask Read that as evil at first... but, aye! Nothing but civil here ay lads and lasses?

• @drbullhammer
    I'm not shaming anyone m8!
    I am just expressing my disapproval of the contradiction that Khaleesi put - 'Fairminded but respectful of the Pirate Code and Forum Rules'
    How can you be fairminded & respectful of the rules if you've had a ban for being abusive & argumentative??
    No offence intended!

• @LogansDadToo

It's just a title on the forums, sheesh.

No need to make a big deal out of it.

• @musicmee lol. Did I say civil? I meant evil ;) I moderate other forums and have a good knack at squashing flamewars using plain language and logic. In game, I've been told I have a knack at getting other crews to not kill us on sight too. I hear, "Everytime I come on everyone wants to kill me, but when I'm on with you everyone is friendly." I told him I have a trustworthy voice. ;)

• @drbullhammer I havent named anyone, nor hinted in anyway who i was talking about. Didnt even give a gender. I was commenting on the irony of it all. I also do not understand what im being hypocritical over?

• Well done mateys! I can't say I'm not a bit envious of this new shiny badge, but you deserve it. Here's to the crew!

• Now here's the big question for the @Boatswain out there... is this a nice shiny new area for you all to play in??
    www.adamsgardens.co.uk/Images/Random/boatswain.png

• @sshteeve It may be... but the first rule of Boatswain club is not to talk about it...

Well spotted though ;)

• @musicmee Glad the shiniest person on the forum (after Khaleesi and Katt) is one! Congrats man!

• @sshteeve Awwwwww shucks!

It really has been a love of mine this place - 13,500 posts - and still seeing new, exciting ideas and suggestions pop up!

I love this place, no badge will ever change my attitude to this place or make me not feel like one of you guys! Just really greatful for being noticed. At times it felt like I was lurking under my invisibility cape.

Here's to the next several thousands of posts and helpful replies (well hopefully) :)

• @DrBullhammer I never named anyone so this person can only assume i mean them. And isnt that a little ironic in itself that if people believe they know who im referring to, doesnt that just validate my complaint. My "goal" was never to shame anyone either i was commenting on the irony of it.

Either way i do agree, i dont want to argue or upset anyone so ill drop it. I took Your advice and messaged a community manager. But thats about my post being deleted.

• It's a nice way to have a simple gesture to thank people for their contribution to these forums to try and make it a better place.. or as @z0mbi3Elvis quoted:

Make the community not police the community but lift the community up so that the community can make the community better by being a community!

Congratz to everyone that got the boatswain title, although I don't know all of you that well.. I hope a new addition to the community spotlight will shine a light on that soon!

• @LogansDadToo and @KnifeLife many of your comments were deleted for breaking the following rules.

Derogatory Language

Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Harassment

Harassment is any repeated action that makes the other party uncomfortable. Harassing Rare Employees, Global Moderators, Deckhands or Community Members will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Introducing the Boatswains:

we don't need a badge to be helpful community members.

Reminds me of a quote from Blazing Saddles:

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! :-P

• @khaleesibot Can you message me where i was apparently breaking these rules cause i don't see it...

@DrBullhammer Thats your opinion. Im leaving our conversation at that.

• @myrm said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@ant-heuser-kush said in Introducing the Boatswains:

Wasn't that quote from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?"

• Well played Rare. ❤️

• @genuine-heather said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@myrm said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@ant-heuser-kush said in Introducing the Boatswains:

Wasn't that quote from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?"

Perhaps, but it was also in Blazing Saddles, which was part parody of other westerns.

• Congratulations to all the new Boatswains for being such positive members of the community, extra mention for @Musicmee for finally getting some recognition for all the hard work you've done around here.

• @LoganCreeperBoy Discussion of disciplinary actions taken against individual players is not permitted on the Forums. Players who would like more information on their disciplinary actions should contact Support.

• @j4dio Thanks matey! And thanks for your support over the past year (maybe year and a half?)

Thanks to everyone really... I wouldn't be here without you all!

• @khaleesibot

Ooh, very cool! Congratulations!

~Captain Jay
    The Crow’s Nest

• @musicmee It's been a pleasure, and yep year and a half now.... met so many great people on this forum, both in real life and just in game, always makes me smile.

• @khaleesibot my picture was removed, but no notice given or reason as to why... what gives? We know they exist now, plus when I posted this image previously in another topic it was left up!

• I lost my Pioneer title, it's time to fight for it and for new title :D

• @sshteeve Oof, the image has now been reinstated!

• @khaleesibot Many thanks! I thought I had broken a rule and was sweating a little there!

• @sshteeve Your open windows intrigue me... Very psychological!

• @musicmee said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@sshteeve Your open windows intrigue me... Very psychological!

I'm a Computer Science Teacher and my Year 10's are practicing for their coursework next year - we had done a session on Pseudocode and the open Word document is an example that we wrote together!
    I spend some time on here when the groups are working, or whilst I'm planning and marking during the day!

(sshhhhhhh!)

• Welcome all new pirates and new Boatswains congratulations and happy voyaging

• While the Boatswains were selected from community members who have demonstrated consistent support, positivity, and respect for our community, we didn't just assign the title and badge, it had to be accepted.

So while there may be other members who are recognized within and by our community for their contributions, they may have declined this title for personal reasons. And we want to respect that.

And as previously stated, we will continuously observe and add others to this group in time. It shouldn't be seen that Boatswains are only positive and supportive of the game and Rare, they can be critical, but most importantly they need to be supportive and respectful within our community.

Views
12 out of 267