Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3

• @kayzenhyuga said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

will these new megalodons attack sloops, and how often do they appear?

They definitely do attack sloops. According to Rare, they have different personalities. The one I fought today was pretty aggressive, but not as big as the original Megalodon. I'm not sure about frequency. I was excited to see one though!

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@kayzenhyuga said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

They definitely do attack sloops. According to Rare, they have different personalities. The one I fought today was pretty aggressive, but not as big as the original Megalodon. I'm not sure about frequency. I was excited to see one though!

any idea of what areas of the map it spawns, and if it spawns more often upon galleons than sloops?

@genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

any idea of what areas of the map it spawns, and if it spawns more often upon galleons than sloops?

Can't say. The one I encountered was attacking another sloop near Shark Bait Cove. I jumped into the fray with my own sloop and we bested the beast. Sorry I don't know more!

Can't say. The one I encountered was attacking another sloop near Shark Bait Cove. I jumped into the fray with my own sloop and we bested the beast. Sorry I don't know more!

ok, I am just trying to get as much information as I can cause the patch note was a little vague

• WHY NO ONE TALKS ABOUT ENDLESS WOODEN PLАNKS CANNONBALLS BANANAS!!!!
    STOP BROKEN GAME EVERY PATCH!

• Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Galleons currently have an increased turning speed.

This is not a "issue". Galleons simply have the same wheel turning speed as sloops; just one wheel turn to reach the maximum turning speed.
    The actual turning radius and speed of the Galleon while turning has not changed so this is not gamebreaking. I say leave it as is. I love not having having to turn the wheel a second time around. Galleons are still slightly faster but are still less maneuverable than Sloops.

• @darth-cp3o said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@opticalmatrix I just played a Skull Fort for about 45 mins and the next wave of skeletons never showed up. The skull was still over the fort in the sky, but the next wave never showed up. We waited at 15 mins and nothing happened.

Fix for this is resetting the wave by shooting all of your crew out of a cannon as far away from the Skull Fort as you can then transporting back via Mermaid/man after all of your crew is away from the island. My crew had to do this yesterday and it took less than 3 minutes to reset the wave once we realized what was going on.

• Has anyone been to a skull fort since the update. I’ve never been pummeled so hard by the fortress cannons and that’s not it it was only targeting our poor sloop with 2 other sloops their it also didn’t matter how far from the island we went. We sank the other sloops 2 times a piece while also be blasted by the island. So let me make sense of this for you how the hell do you fight 2 sloops when you have to send a person to combat players on another boat when you also need a driver/repairer when that person is endlessly having to repair because the island is just targeting ur duo sloop with no intention of shooting either of the other 2 sloops their. That needs fixed badly.

• @mykn1f3urf4c387 Probably you were in range of their cannons whilst the other sloops were parked in a position the cannons couldn't hit

• @alekseylight said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

WHY NO ONE TALKS ABOUT ENDLESS WOODEN PLАNKS CANNONBALLS BANANAS!!!!
    STOP BROKEN GAME EVERY PATCH!

This is a serious problem. Please hot fix this asap.

• message board on outposts to find other crews to do stuff with.
    i thought its a pretty smart idea u might already have had. there are a few ways to make it work.

• So the new Megalodon might need tweaking as I just found one that had tailed our galleon for ages without our knowledge, we had pulled into golden sands outpost to sell skulls when I realized at the rear of the ship to find the shark stuck in the charging animation without being able to hit or damage us.

link text

It was essentially following us as we left the outpost never leaving the aft of our ship until we were in deeper waters where it took a dive and for a reason that I cannot understand our boat sunk after that.

• I'm confused. Are Megalodons like the Kraken and will only appear if you're on a galleon? If that's the case, I'm super disappointed! These things are a very fun (and spooky) aspect of the game and if they only appear for crews 3+ in size, that leaves out a portion of what little content is currently in game for people who like to play alone or just with one other person.

• @worms-instantly

I encountered a megalodon in a duo sloop last night. It didn’t attack, just swam around our boat for a minute or two.

• @worms-instantly there are a variety of megalodons in the water now, some are more fierce than others as well as different colours I believe. Some are bigger than others as well.

Sloops as well as galleons will be attacked

• @jonaldinho

Whew. The wording of the Patch Notes had me worried. That's good to hear though. I wish they would allow the Kraken to appear for sloops as well though! It's easy enough to run from, let alone defeat.

• @capnroguebeard it's weird because I have the game in mythical, I lowered it in legendary, thinking that there was a bug on the high setting but I still have low quality trees.

it reassures me that trees are a problem on my side and not a huge drop in quality wanted by Rare

• @marsmayflower HAHA true. Didn't think about that. Where is anold school pirate ship to actually sail and find out. I need to put that on the to-do list. lol

• I confirm it's a bug with the driver 18.6.1 of AMD, im back to 16.5.1 and i have this results. I will contact sea of thieves and AMD support

Thanks @CAPNRogueBeard !

text alternatif

• @jejesasa NICE! Looks great!

• @personalc0ffee I didn't even know that this was a bug lol. I thought that the second sting was the effect of the snake. Perhaps the game will make more venomous snakes that will take down a full health bar if u don't have heals :0

• @enginefear said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@personalc0ffee I didn't even know that this was a bug lol. I thought that the second sting was the effect of the snake. Perhaps the game will make more venomous snakes that will take down a full health bar if u don't have heals :0

I like the extra venom bite. It makes the snakes that more dangerous.

• Decided to share my thoughts in video form. Vid below if you would like to listen.

• Is the new poor loot on the high-level quest has been fixed again?

• @vladkatanos said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

This is not a "issue". Galleons simply have the same wheel turning speed as sloops; just one wheel turn to reach the maximum turning speed.
    The actual turning radius and speed of the Galleon while turning has not changed so this is not gamebreaking. I say leave it as is. I love not having having to turn the wheel a second time around. Galleons are still slightly faster but are still less maneuverable than Sloops.

This is a confirmed bug and will likely be fixed in the next patch.

• @jejesasa said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@Rare-Employee why only 1 round of bar for the galleon now ? Why are trees now so ugly ?

Next step reduction of water quality ? the inertia of boats oriented arcade?

Very disappointed with these changes. Seriously, 1 month for known issues
    "Being poisoned by a snake can show the VFX a second time."
    and 2 month for "Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon."

It’s almost as if they’re developing at the pace of an understaffed indie studio, with the quality assurance of a high school club project.

• Found issues,
    Sloop does autorestock its Cannonballbarrells... :/

• @worms-instantly I was a solo player on a sloop and a Megan attacked me. The coolest thing happened, I was at full sail and it was right behind my sloop trying to snap its jaws into my sloop. It was close enough for me to reach out and touch it. I shot it with my pistol over and over, then changed to blunderbuss. It stayed with me. I turned the ship towards Smuggler's Bay and it followed. As I approached the shore i turned right, The Megan got stuck on the shallows. I turned around to fire a cannon, got off two shots but then it wiggled away and disappeared. It was the coolest chase ever!

• I have also noticed the bug where the barrels of resources restock. it semes the trigger is when ever you are going to the ferry of the damned, or somewhere after 20 minutes. Rare you need to fix this. cause this is broken.

@vladkatanos said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

What I'm saying is it doesn't need to be fixed. It's not hurting the game IMO.

• @vladkatanos said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

I understand what you’re saying. I’m telling you that it’s a bug, it does hurt the game, and it will be fixed. Sorry, that’s just the way it is.

I have also noticed the bug where the barrels of resources restock. it semes the trigger is when ever you are going to the ferry of the damned, or somewhere after 20 minutes. Rare you need to fix this. cause this is broken.

If you are talking about the ones on the islands, then this is due to your crew getting wiped or everyone sailing or cannoning away from the island. When the game detects there is no one within a certain distance of the island, it resets it. Ambient Skeletons, resources, and random items on the island and shores all reset. Rare will not "fix" this because this mechanic is used to "fix" glitches of OoS skeletons spawning underground or skeleton waves not spawning in at Forts. It's also used to "punish" crews that have allowed themselves to get wiped at a Fort because all of the Ambient Skeletons respawn.
    Players do use this mechanic to reset islands for getting animals or resources but because it is time consuming to do so, it's not gamebreaking.

I understand what you’re saying. I’m telling you that it’s a bug, it does hurt the game, and it will be fixed. Sorry, that’s just the way it is.

Opinion vs opinion except the fact that it's a bug.

• @xcaptredbeard Hey Captain Red Beard! Thanks for the response!

After watching some discussions and interviews from E3 this year I found the answer too and I am very happy I saved my 60 dubbies for future use!

• @vladkatanos

I dont think you really understand what you're saying. Why would you even be able to turn the wheel a second time around if the first turn brings you to maximum turning speed? That whole second turn would be completely unnecessary as it would not be doing anything... so what would be the reason for being able to turn the wheel further than that? Fun?

Views
1 out of 172