Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3

• @symbioto said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

I wish they added more thrones to find and called it part 2 of the event. Then it would be somewhat of a 'new' weekly event.

Too lot of work for Rare, imagine, they have TO MOVE all thrones, for them it will take a month or two and 5-6 patches after...
    It's unbearably difficult job

"And we gonna make weekly events once every 3 month!"

Tri-monthly updates? ,^_^

• @Rare-Employee has a keybind/shortcut for both keyboard and controller finally been added for the speaking trumpet? It can't be that hard! Also, have you finally added text chat for Xbox One (using the Xbox One Chatpad or USB keyboard)? And a controller bind for push to talk on Xbox One and the Family Sharing bug when two family members both play on PC and the game crashes every 5-15 minutes?

• So there is nothing new to do for the Bilge Rat "missions" for anyone who already completed all 10 of the skeleton thrones last week? Was hoping that it would be at least refreshed so you could do them again....

• @warmedxmints said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

I'm pleased to see the snake vfx bug finally showing as a known issue. Although I would like to see the character controller gangster lean, the anchor sfx bug and sail sfx bugs also being shown as known issues as they have been around much longer and it would be nice to know they are at least being addressed.

Thank You! Exactly my thoughts! like, how do they not know about those bugs?

• @cellembreo I don't think its a case of not knowing, just not publicly acknowledging them - or putting them in the release notes anyway.

But likewise... happy to know it is being looked at :)

• I was really hoping that they would do something about some players not having received the rewards, even having completed the conquest of Megalodon. Me and some friends ended up finishing the mission but not getting the spoils of combat =). And this correction of the snake venom bug came in handy, after all to have to escape or attack the skeletons on the island under the effect of the poison once it is annoying, imagine twice. In the fort of the skeletons, twice, they appeared but were not visible. We could hear their noise from the shots, but we spun the whole fort behind them and nothing. We had to leave and come back, so that they reappeared, I do not know if it has already happened to other players.

• What happened to the galleon's helm? Now it needs just one turn to completely turn it from center to each side, instead of two turns.

• Will there be no attempted fix to the issue of game chat between players? My game chat doesn't work for anyone outside my crew. Others can hear me but I can't hear them

• @deadssnake said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

No new events? If I'm right, it's called "weekly events" not 2 week events...I guess something went wrong in translation? Kappa

Back before thrones even started they stopped calling them weekly events, and started referring to them as "regular events."

• @opticalmatrix said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Patch Notes - 1.1.3

Calling all well-travelled Pirates! The Skeleton Thrones Bilge Rat Adventure is in its final week, so get your hands (or hook) on the Bone Crusher jacket, dress and hat before they are removed! The Bilge Rats have gone out to some of the remotest locations within the Sea of Thieves and are now encouraging would-be challengers to find these Thrones out there in far-flung parts of the world.

Cursed Wretch NO!!!! All I need is the blasted Maurader's High Seat! .....cries profusely while heading out to the docks... All I need is luck and ONE stranger to come out and help me! ...stumbles out the door with but a dream and megaphone in hand...

..a cry of frustration from the far off distance..

BLASTED DOWLOAD SPEEEEEEDS!!!

• Everything fine with this patch for me... but... there's always a "but"
    Enough with the snake poison twice... please devs... XD

• @rockinpodunk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@deadssnake said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

No new events? If I'm right, it's called "weekly events" not 2 week events...I guess something went wrong in translation? Kappa

Back before thrones even started they stopped calling them weekly events, and started referring to them as "regular events."

Early may changed to late May.
    Weekly events changed to regular events.
    Teaser or trailer?

My next question:

Where are the crabs? I've seen them in two teaser videos.

• @rockinpodunk makes sense, Haven't check out enough it seems to know they changed it, ty

• @nylewalsh It will run away from some galleons

• 2.6 G for Xbone 🤯

• Must be a nice range of Megaladons!

• @Rare-Employee why only 1 round of bar for the galleon now ? Why are trees now so ugly ?

Next step reduction of water quality ? the inertia of boats oriented arcade?

Very disappointed with these changes. Seriously, 1 month for known issues
    "Being poisoned by a snake can show the VFX a second time."
    and 2 month for "Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon."

• Yay! Small steps, but we are moving!

• @ugefrostwolf dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

What happened to the galleon's helm? Now it needs just one turn to completely turn it from center to each side, instead of two turns.
    I think this is a HUGE screw up. I always sail on galleons but I think this a big disbalance for sloops.

• i honestly didn't expect Meg to be back so soon. Good job y'all.

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@rockinpodunk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@deadssnake said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Early may changed to late May.
    Weekly events changed to regular events.
    Teaser or trailer?

My next question:

Where are the crabs? I've seen them in two teaser videos.

In an interview last Thursday at e3 someone asked joe neate about the crabs. He said "I wouldn't rule it out." He also went on to say that they were having a bit of fun with the crabs and enjoyed seeing all the speculation

• On Reddit www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/8shv4y/patch_note_113/
    Sonic Bob stated that the snake venom will be fixed in the following update. He shared that its been a difficult one to fix without messing more things up

• @treefittymonsta

Now that would have been a great little way to surprise us! Weekly events means each week there is something new... even if one weekly event spans a longer window, that shouldn’t prevent the next weeks event from starting.

• @personalc0ffee That second snake bite is annoying as Heeeeelll! "I'm a snaaaaaake a slithery saaaaanke!" LOL

• so basically sail away from the shark because you won't get anything anyway?

• Players spawning into the brig seems to be a thing lately. It has happened to me and almost everyone I've sailed with at least once. Anyone else? Perhaps it should be added to the known issues.

• @jeff-x-hd

It's possible the known issues are ones which have been reported via Support in sufficient quantities, if you haven't already.

• The snake issue is now correctly catalogued as known in the patch notes, now all that is missing is the brig issue.

New issue: apperantly the galleon steering is broken. I will test this myself soon to confirm it. Edit: So what is happening is that the wheel on the galleon is no longer turning 360º twice to either left or right, it only turns once, as if it was a sloop wheel.

• They really need to address why "weekly events" are not actually weekly events. Just sayin'.

• Excited for those Megs!

• @opticalmatrix said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Performance Improvements

• Reduced frequency of client hangs on Skeleton Forts.
    • Significantly improved stability when loading new areas.
    • Multiple server and client crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

This is great news! Looking forward to seeing these in action. I'm glad the team is always working on optimizations, I know it must difficult especially when it's cross-platform.

• @nylewalsh
    It means that, when a Meg does show up, likely when you're on a Galleon crew only, there's a chance of it either running away shortly after or sticking around to fight.

• Thx for the update

• @greegwastaken glad I’m not the only one where this has happened to me

Views
1 out of 172