SKULLBALL LEAGUE - CALAVERA CUP | PvP Community Event | Saturday, June 30th 2018

• @knifelife a dit dans SKULLBALL LEAGUE - CALAVERA CUP | PvP Community Event | Saturday, June 30th 2018 :

@siriondb Hey i was just outside and a that video the devs done a few months ago popped into my head randomly.

So you remember when they done the: "Pirate Olympics"? I was just curious if you had ever thought of doint a Fortune version? I think you guys could do a good job and be able to put your own twist on it. :)

Haha, I would love to work on a Pirate Olympics. Though that sounds like a hell of a job!

At the time being, I'm already working out the details on our next Event. Fortune has made some great friendships throughout the whole Calavera Cup experience and we're hopeful to be able to bring new experiences to the Sea of Thieves.

As I've said during the Skullball tournament. People say that this game has no content, expecting to be provided with it. I refuse to wait for people to entertain me. We are content. We are what makes Sea of Thieves a beautiful experience.

• @siriondb I do think we could do with some more activities, but i can't knock that you guys are going way out there to create more/your own content for people to enjoy while we are waiting. Kudos

• @SoberGrub Please refrain from derogatory language and personal attacks against other pirates, it is a violation of our Forum rules. Your post has been removed accordingly.

Derogatory Language
    Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• As I've said during the Skullball tournament. People say that this game has no content, expecting to be provided with it. I refuse to wait for people to entertain me. We are content. We are what makes Sea of Thieves a beautiful experience.

The devs did say that this is a ‘sandbox’ game (sandbox, IMO, means let your imagination create the game [i.e. building a sandcastle on the beach]) but that’s left to others interpretation I guess

• Calavera Cup 2018-06-30 - Skullball Report

The long-awaited report for the 1st Edition of the Calavera Cup is here! I am happy and proud to say that this was a great success! The match-ups were exciting! The Shoutcast was amazing!

I would like to begin by thanking the teams for their participation. I'm very grateful for the time and help you've provided Fortune during the Skullball Tournament. I would like to thank everyone who participated in every part of the process. This Event could not have happened without you. The challenge to coordinate Eight Fleets and Organizations is real. Nonetheless, we were (mostly) professional about it all and we were very efficient. A big thanks to the Freemen of Nassau for coming in as saviors and providing us with the necessary ships.

Before I share the scoreboard, I would like to mention the hard work of @Ragetrox and the Cutthroats during the whole process. You guys were top notch. I would also like to congratulate them for their Victory in the Calavera Cup!

Three Cheers for the Cutthroats!

and Three Cheers for:

Fortune's Golden
    Fleet of Thieves' Fearless Fleet Fighters
    The Iron Fleet's Ironborn
    Rogue Legends' Blackwatch
    Tactical Fleet's Barnacle Ballers
    The Thirsty Thieves' Thirsty Thieves
    The Blue Devils' Blue Devils

https://i.imgur.com/D7jlyG5.png

I believe it is important that I also approach the difficulties and challenges that we experienced during the Event.

Firstly, gathering many ships is not an easy task and finding cooperative ships is a challenge. As many mentioned, we should reconsider streaming our preparation process and maybe start earlier, depending on the magnitude of the project.

Secondly, the terrain selection might've been too uneven. While Crooked Masts was an interesting field of play, there were certain aspects of it that could give an advantage to a specific side. Also, the ships would find themselves moving even while anchored. I suspect that they would rub against the rock and move, due to the natural rocking of the ships.

Thirdly, I believe that the rules should've been explained in detail in advance. A Q&A session should be held with the teams before each event. I believe that the rules should be reworded and clarified. I believe that the penalties should be tested and studied extensively as to offer a fair experience.

Fourthly, I think we could benefit from clearer communication and a better repartition of tasks.

In conclusion, Skullball is definitely an experience that is worth repeating. It's a great way to enjoy the game differently and creatively. The comments and feedback I've received are vastly positive and this makes me hopeful that we will be able to build a structure around this community-made, dare I say, e-sport.

Thank you a thousand times for helping Fortune celebrate Sea of Thieves.

P.S. Here's a little video that @BoredBurrito87 made to celebrate

• Was a bit bummed I missed this one, it turned out great and looked like tons of fun from the highlight reel.

• @conal-cuan It was super fun to play. I really wish it was easier to organize these things in game so a wider audience could get a chance to try some of this stuff out.

• @siriondb

OMG I love these highlights Im telling you those Skellys wanted to be in the tourney as well and when they found out they couldn't they just focused me with ALL the Boom Booms.

The whole Event was a blast and I can't wait to be apart of the next community event.

Also all Boom Boom Barrels were courtesy of DrBullHammer Explodable Boom Boom Inc.
    HAHAHAHA :P

Also Casters were killed in the making of this production XD

Views
40 out of 78