Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2

• I just want to point one thing that made me sad with the event:

• The french translation of the game doesn't countain enigmas for the location of thrones like in english.
      For example: In english, one clue is "Maraud to this secret throne.".
      In french, it is "Go to the throne of Marauder's Arch (Allez au trône de Marauder's Arch)".

This really cut the immersion.

• @symbioto nope, incorrect, xbox one x is 30 fps like all xboxes.

• Further improvements to load times and streaming of islands.

Islands look like play-doh again. What gives, Rare?

• Rare...i love your game so much and i enjoy every second i spend with it but please dont make these time limited events depending on other Crews. Its not fun and i think you will lose playerbase when you stick on this Concept. I myself completed both events but i can feel the pain for players, who dont had the time in the first 2 days to play and now have to ship arround for hours just to have a CHANCE to find friendly players who will make maybe 1-2 Big thrones with them. I think most players want to say "cool event, will make it at weekend with my buddies." and not "i hope i can do it in the next 3 days with luck." There are so many possibilities to introduce Coop mechanism in this game, but this is no good way i think. :( When i sit on a Thron, why cant i be rewarded for it? Why i have to stupidly wait for another Crew, to get my reward. Thats not fun and not rewarding Gameplaywise.

Iam exciting for whats come next, but please make Private Crews (Sloops or Galeons) possible to play and ENJOY your future time limited events on theyr own and make Coop events, that stick in the game and are rewarding in replay them and most important...rewarding for all crews.

Thanks and sorry for this bad englisch. :D

• About these weekly events, are they a one time thing or are they going to cycle them throughout the year?

I mean, are we going to have this throne event maybe every 2-3 months (or even next year), or is it a one time thing and won't come back again?

• @blindnev Ahoy matey!

These thrones will more than likely not come back but I can see that maybe a future event will have thrones but in more challenging locations - and with different rewards.

• I think this mini Events are the first step in the right direction.
    I understand why not everybody like this, but im now that we will have more in the future and its a nice thing to do when you travel at the open sea.

• While I have enjoyed the first throne event...

Having half the event require a separate crew to complete, it would be nice to have the option to see how many other players are in your server, current game state. Or, maybe the option that when you load up your game and you start in a tavern, you can talk to the bartender and she can give you hints of where other crews are currently like "looks like a galleon was just spotted plundering Cannon Cove" etc... So you can just get an idea of which direction to head if you're looking to find other players.

If you're going to continue to have events that require multiple crews you need a better way of communicating if there are even other crews out there.

• @adiscomassacre said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

While I have enjoyed the first throne event...

Having half the event require a separate crew to complete, it would be nice to have the option to see how many other players are in your server, current game state. Or, maybe the option that when you load up your game and you start in a tavern, you can talk to the bartender and she can give you hints of where other crews are currently like "looks like a galleon was just spotted plundering Cannon Cove" etc... So you can just get an idea of which direction to head if you're looking to find other players.

If you're going to continue to have events that require multiple crews you need a better way of communicating if there are even other crews out there.

So much potential for abuse with that. Plus, how would such information be transmitted to an outpost? Radios didn’t exist.

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

So much potential for abuse with that. Plus, how would such information be transmitted to an outpost? Radios didn’t exist.

Couldn't the barmiad just say "A sailor just returned and said he spotted a galleon anchored over at this island, and two sloops heading south past these islands..."

Not really sure about your radio comment, cause it's not like skeleton enemies existed, or being able to shoot yourself out of a cannon wasn;t really a safe, common pirate activity either.... So I'm not SoT is really a realistic pirate sim...

• @adiscomassacre said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Couldn't the barmiad just say "A sailor just returned and said he spotted a galleon anchored over at this island, and two sloops heading south past these islands..."

Not really sure about your radio comment, cause it's not like skeleton enemies existed, or being able to shoot yourself out of a cannon wasn;t really a safe, common pirate activity either.... So I'm not SoT is really a realistic pirate sim...

By the time such information arrived at an outpost it would too old to be of any relevance. Even setting aside the jarring impossibility, this same information would be available to pirates looking for PvP. It would make hunting for vessels far too easy. I understand your intentions, but in practice it wouldn’t work.

• Woohoo! I loved fighting The Hungering One, and I look forward to having more megaladon fights! I had a blast playing the skeleton throne event, and I can't wait for more bilge rat adventures!

• @guybrush3pwood2

Instead of sitting there hoping someone comes to you why don't you actually do something and go find other people?

When I've had someone on our crew I've said I will threaten to sink people unless they help. By coincidence Ive never had to because someone has helped every time, but you could also go the other way. You could dig up some chests and hide them on the island you need, and tell them you hid them on an island nearby and if they help you get the commendation you'll tell them where the treasure is.

Too many people i see a) are acting as if they are entitled to complete the entire thing even without changing how they play and b) lack any sort of drive to go and fix the problem themselves.

My usual play style is to sink everything on the ocean with a group of friends. When these events come around I need to work with other crews. I sail up to them and ask if they can help. Killing and betraying people is fun for me, I stop doing it to earn the event. If you usually play alone and you're not sailing up to people to speak to them, you can't just keep doing the same thing and expect it to work for every event.

• @seeker-of-peace I'm disappointing myself and a friend managed to get on that chair, and couldn't get anyone from another crew to help. So 1hr waiting...couldn't even split up crew to make it work, ridiculous. Not to mention the campers that wait for people to try for them and sink your ship.

PVE content in a PVP game...doesn't work....most of the time. Pick an identity. If you want people to work together, you need PVE modes, if it is everyone for themselves, don't require people to help each other.

• @thekitchner said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:
    Killing and betraying people is fun for me, I stop doing it to earn the event. If you usually play alone and you're not sailing up to people to speak to them, you can't just keep doing the same thing and expect it to work for every event.

This game needs a reputation system for people like you. Betrayal might be allowed, by the nature of the game, but sometimes a little honor is good. Hey you keep stealing my stuff...what an event?...lets be buddies. They shouldn't be forcing PVE content and cooperation into a game, that let's people act like selfish little....pirates. Or they need to go more traditional roles with pvp flags/factions/pvp zones.

• why is there no info on the 2gb patch happening today ? isnt that 1.1.3 ? why no patch notes ?

• @onos951 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

why is there no info on the 2gb patch happening today ? isnt that 1.1.3 ? why no patch notes ?

Because the maintenance is still ongoing. Calm down and wait for the patch notes. They'll be here shortly.

Views
33 out of 367