Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2

• Has this patch dropped for Xbox Live users yet? cause I cant find any of this stuff in game atm, and i aint had an update yet.

• @arcticwolf125 If your talking about the skelly thrones, i don't think so, not till 9am tomorrow est.

• @z3ro-upshaw said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@braxkedren said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@khaleesibot as long as Creed allows those to request and get implemented flags that denominate them as well.

As was mentioned in the large thread, a white flag with the fish symbol on it, a Muslim flag for those of that creed and so forth.

This is a touchy subject and NOT including others can lead to a huge PR backlash if not handled correctly.

Rare also needs to state how they will handle any abuse those flying this Rainbow flag receive. That was my biggest worry about this and I really don’t mind the flag, it’s the actions of others towards this that worries me.

Rubbish. Celebrating diversity is not a religion. It’s just being a decent human being. There will be no “PR” backlash. As for players being abusive in the game...have you actually played the game? LOL. The kind of people who would act abusive towards other players over a flag don’t need a reason. Most people attack on sight anyway, so I don’t see the difference.

I think this is a brilliant, bold, positive decision by Rare. They’ve earned even more of my respect and loyalty, and I believe you’ll find many others agree with me.

+1 on that... also @CptBartRoberts The flag does not support and religion, nationality or a political statement. As mentioned before, celebrating diversity is not a religion.

Also: "Where is my update!?" XD

Some people believe diversity is code for european genocide.

Can’t say I see much diversity anywhere else.

• @cpt-1cupcake ah ok thanks for the heads up

• @nightmare247365 lol. youre going to mingle the flag situation in with crossplay? really? all people should 'be equal', but crossplay definetley isnt equal.
    And stating that its near the bottom of the list?
    The last thread ended with an employee or moderator(sorry I forgot which one) saying something along the lines of 'thanks for the input, we are listening to feedback, analysing internal data, and we are taking this topic very seriously'. Or something along those lines anyway. Maybe rare will say something a little more concrete one way or the other to stop this argument?

• 2 hours yet til the maintenance -
    The game will be unavailable due to necessary maintenance at these times:

Thursday 14th June 10am – 2pm BST

https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

• As a Fuel Rat on Elite Dangerous, can I have a Fuel Rat flag for my sloop please? xD

• @khaleesibot
    Another issue when coming into a game, you get "born" in the Brigg (since last update).
    Thx & gl with this addictive and cool game :)

• “Up above the streets and houses, rainbow climbing high,
    Everyone can see it smiling over the sky.
    Paint the whole world with a rainbow.”

Can you add the music to accompany these lyrics in the list of shanty’s we can play

• Where.
    Is.
    Patch ?

• Update started

• @symbioto написал в Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Update started

alt text

No, its not

• @nefrit-od said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@symbioto написал в Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Update started

No, its not

I mean servers are down now for update

• Rare, many thanks. Look forward to the new event and the new content coming. Fantastic work as allways. Don't mind the rainbow flag at all. It's simple, those who don't like it just don't sail with it and let people enjoy the game no matter what flag they are using.
    No one is forced to use it and it's about beeing tolerant and respectfull to everyone. So why don't just be happy that we get new content and enjoy playing instead of argueing about a simple flag.

• @nefrit-od

And now it's started :)

• @cavemunky said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Don't mind the rainbow flag at all. It's simple, those who don't like it just don't sail with it and let people enjoy the game no matter what flag they are using.

I consider myself as a treeman minority, sort of druids, "respect my authoritah" I need a treeman's flag or it's absence in game insults me, I'm obsessed to show everyone my tree nature and my special way of breeding!

And I need some more flags for my friends - catman, frogman and androgynyalien!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/marvel-guardian-of-the-galaxy-vol2-groot-life-size-figure-hot-toys-silo-903344.png

• @symbioto написал в Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@nefrit-od

And now it's started :)

Yeaaah Boiiiiii :)

• @gloog sagte in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Wooooooo

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Rainbow flag - A new flag has been added to all pirates' flag inventory! Article 1 of the Pirate Code states that, "Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed."

Why does a rainbow flag need to be justified in this way?
    Lock the post for introducing politics and hot button topics.

Seriously @khaleesibot edit your post. This is already causing political topics we don't need on the forums.

You mention players assign meaning to the flags themselves then explicitly assign meaning to the rainbow flag.

Now we will demand flags for all creeds and causes.

What would Jesus do? Braclet cosmetic plzzzz

This is a valid concern. Going by that explanation I ask: Where is my country flag? Where is my cross? Where is my gender symbol? Inclusiveness does not mean that some groups should exclusively be able to represent themself.

• PvP expantions or we riot!

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

• Bilge Rat Cosmetics – Spend your Bilge Rat Doubloons on exclusive time-limited items too! You have until the 26th of June to purchase the Bone Crusher Hat, Jacket and Dress – priced at 20 Doubloons per item.
    • Bilge Rat Trading – If you’re feeling a thirst for a little extra gold in ye’ pocket or fancy some Reputation in any of the three Trading Companies, the Bilge Rats can also pull a few strings and allow you to trade your Doubloons towards a bit of progress.

Could we please get confirmation here?
    Will Doubloons carry over to future events? Say I don't like what's up for offer this week, should I hit up "a bit of progress" before this currency expires?
    May I save my Doubloons until future events where I might see something I like or will there be a time limit on spending Doubloons?

I'm sorry but with time limited content and a series of further content available only to a new introduced currency, there should be a lot of questions answered before they are asked, which is usually after it's too late.

These latter progression items will be a permanent part of the Bilge Rat shop and aren’t time limited, so make your choice wisely!

That's a little confusing. To me it says "no rush, no fuss". Take your time, save your Doubloons and wait to see if something better gets introduced at a later date.
    Why choose wisely if they aren't time limited?
    Fair enough, you have until the 26th of June to purchase the Bone Crusher clothes but don't just buy it because it's there. Right? A million other pirates will also be wearing that get-up.

So, will the future Doubloon exclusive items be displayed for browsing before hand to enable calculated decisions or do we have to wait and see what's new week by week?
    I can see potential for regretful impulse buying.

I personally play for the social interaction of the friends I have made but many are here purely for the cosmetics. I think it should all be made clear to everyone.
    Thank you.

• Does anyone know how long we have to wait for kiwi beard to let us play

• @fadedcolor1787 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Does anyone know how long we have to wait for kiwi beard to let us play

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/82x87y/kiwibeard/

• @nefrit-od My download ran without incident. 944.2MB (PC)
    (an hour after your post) :o)

• Finally Merrick's Shanty!!!

• @alfrythebestboy said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Finally Merrick's Shanty!!!

I would prefer

• @jeremyodgepodge said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

“Up above the streets and houses, rainbow climbing high,
    Everyone can see it smiling over the sky.
    Paint the whole world with a rainbow.”

Can you add the music to accompany these lyrics in the list of shanty’s we can play

not forgetting the Zippy, Bungle and george cosmetics

• On the subject of flags I'm not about to wade in on the rainbow flag but what I would like to see is national flags so we could represent for our homes. I like the idea of pretending I'm a part of her majesties navy waving the union jack aboard HMS Banana hoarder. That said im sure something like this would be way down the priority list so if it never happens thats fair enough.

• @khaleesibot please stop making these timed events force us to team up! I got lucky on the hungering deep but you're making it waaaaaaay more difficult than it should be. I get the hungering deep thing as there is a huge big boss to fight, but for sitting on thrones I would like to just find them with my crew mate and let that be it!

I'm all for increased teamwork with randoms, but come on!

• @khaleesibot Has a quick keybind for the speaking trumpet finally been added in this update? It's important to have quick access to a communication tool like this in a multiplayer game.
    Also, has text chat via Xbox One Chat Pad finally been added to the Xbox One version yet? @Rare-Employee

• @tre-oni sagte in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

I just hit Pirate Legend 15 minutes ago so here's hoping we get a few sneaky items added to Pirate Legend tavern for purchase or unlock as well ;P

I totally understand your need for new content after 15 minutes. NOT.

• The small flag is to subtle...Rare should have gone big, really big. RAINBOW SAILS!!!!!!!
    Id fly that regardless of my sexuality, who doesn't enjoy a good rainbow, speaking of, we have eclipses in the game why not a nice rainbow every now and again :)

• @honusdan sagte in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just checking in to see if the real problem in the game has been addressed (Crossplay) and the answer is NO! I guess thank for another couple hours of game play.

This Flag thing is blown out of proportion IMO. Everyone is asking for more content, right? They have to raise money for it somewhere. If the only way they can sell more copies is to cater to special interest groups then I think we're going to see a lot more. Ye be warned! The SoT marketing is looking for its next sucker!

Be patient!
    They work on their To-Do-List in alphabetical order.
    Now they addressed "crossgender" by adding a flag and you can bet "crossplay" follows soon after.
    Maybe you get a flag as a solution, too. So you can lift a XBox flag and hope for mercy.

• @x1xcerberusx1x said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

The small flag is to subtle...Rare should have gone big, really big. RAINBOW SAILS!!!!!!!
    Id fly that regardless of my sexuality, who doesn't enjoy a good rainbow, speaking of, we have eclipses in the game why not a nice rainbow every now and again :)

Agreed. A rainbow hull and a rainbow unicorn figurehead wouldn't hurt either. :)
    And yes, having rainbows would be nice, with a pot of gold to dig up at it's end. ;)

• @longingfern4785 lol...I just spit my coffee out. I needed a good laugh.

• It's great you've included a pride flag. Could we get l**t or envy next?

Views
251 out of 367