The Castaway King!

• There should be one roving NPC that hides away on different islands and LOVES castaway chests. If you can track him down, he'll buy them for as much as a Captain's chest... sometimes even more if you get there when he's desperate!

Excellent reason to horde them on your ship!

Views
  • Haha, I love that idea. I normally pile up my castaways right on the open deck in hopes anyone who might board me will be distracted by them before they find my good stuff

• Honestly, I'd rather have it the other way around. My voyages are all captain's and marauder's, with a seafarer's once in a while. Castaway's chests are the rarest chests in the game!

• @captain-arcanic I actually like this a lot haha!

Given that some pirates disdain castaway chests, either trading them in to a specific NPC or leaving mounds of them at Outposts, or maybe combining a few to create a better chest somehow, would be brilliant.

• @captain-arcanic - I find castaway chests very valuable if you keep them around. Due to they colouring they can be hidden easily and used to hide other items. There's also a lot of other uses for them but I don't want to give away my secrets.

Also, as you progress through the GH levels every little helps so remember to cash them in at the end of your session.

• @rk1-turbulence said in The Castaway King!:

Honestly, I'd rather have it the other way around. My voyages are all captain's and marauder's, with a seafarer's once in a while. Castaway's chests are the rarest chests in the game!

This idea would actually work well for all the loot types, but you already get good money for the higher tier items.

The Castaway King obviously lives like a Castaway, coveting his precious, broken chests and calling them by pet names. If you show up without a castaway chest, he might actually shoot you!

Then there's Shipwreck Sam who you can find floating in a dingy far out to sea. He gives you double your money for any chest with barnacles and seaweed on it.

Black Betty on the other hand is searching for her cursed and murdered love, and will give you as much as triple price for Foul skulls.

Once you find any of them, they do the transaction and move along, which is what encourages the hoarding. You never know where or when you'll find them again, but you better have your goods when you do.

Views
1 out of 6