Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer

• @harlton-cheston Yeah, the trailer did seem to be a mix of both stories entwined...

I want me one of those cursed balls...

• Three player ship and AI ships.. FINALLY! It is about time.

• @musicmee said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

@knightx13 Aye... would it be this one?

With only two sails... like it was designed for 3 players maybe?

https://imgur.com/degqFMD

I certainly hope so. I've been calling for a 3 person boat with 2 masts and a total of 4 cannons in what seems forever. It needs to be perfectly balanced between the sloop and galleon for size, maneuverability, speed with and against the wind, crew size and of course fire power.
    Let's hope it's a case of them doing just that to shut me up. lol
    I won't base my hopes and dreams on it though, they haven't confirmed anything just yet and speculation often leads to disappointment.

• Mui calliente!! Mas fuego!!

• Lookin' good.

Also i don't think the AI Ship will freely roam around the world and therefore conflict with Rare's vision of every ship on the horizon is a player controlled ship, i much rather think it'll be a random or summoned encounter like Karen & Megan.
    Meaning the Ship will most likeky rise from the depths alongside your ship to attack you.

• I don't need any type of explanation from Rare about having AI ships. The game has desperately needed them, and in my opinion that will be one huge step in the right direction to making this game something truly special.
    CAN'T WAIT!!

• I'm stoked. Looks like they could be on the path to some fun.

• Ahoy maties! New info on the has been dug up!

Cursed Sails

The Sea of Thieves faces a harrowing new threat as the skeletons take to the waves. Setting sail in decrepit ships, the dead make war on the outposts with cursed cannonballs – but the introduction of the Brigantine ship gives smaller crews a new way to fight back!

Forsaken Shores

The Sea of Thieves expands as a long-lost chain of volcanic islands emerge from the mists, blighted with violent eruptions that threaten unwary crews. Pirates become pioneers, revealing a brave new world that will test their mettle.

From the Official E3 page:

• Captain Almondbeard had better be the one steering that boat!! Hes gonna pay for his crimes!

• i was informed that AI ship was not coming to the game and neither the rowboats can some one confirm at this point that this is what to expect in the future

• @nwo-azcrack said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

Captain Almondbeard had better be the one steering that boat!! Hes gonna pay for his crimes!

https://imgur.com/F5qgNob

• @siriondb Keep in mind that these are timed campaigns and will persist but may not be something that is always ever present in the game. Hungering Deep will give us our first sense of how future content persists. There is a large group of players requesting AI ships.

• The trailer was awesome. I especially loved the ending as it shows the mentality of a lot of players, wanting to know the worth of the loot. Brilliant lol

• OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG

So much so much so much just looks so awesome. Time to go delve into that video repeatedly to find all the clues

• GUYS, GUYS
    the AI ships won't move, they'll spawn in like the Kraken and occupy a coordinate on the map, but the skies will likely darken instead of the sea. Basically combine shipwrecks and the Kraken into a single concept; the ghost ship.
    Plus, Wind Waker did ghost ships years ago, I figure that will be a major influence.
    alt text

• O.m.g. love it!!!

• @musicmee Thanks for the share! That is a SOLID confirmation on a few things! YES!!!

• @pdt-mindstream Imagine sailing along on a calm ocean, the sun has just set, your quietly making your way towards your outpost, and then a feint glow appears in the water to the side of your ship, the water starts to stir and bubble up from the depths, the glowing light glows brighter, and then the surface breaks as the broken wreckage of a cursed ship breaks through the surface, a ship crewed by the cursed undead skeletons, thier cursed sails at full billow as they open fire upon you with glowing green cannonballs!! im really looking forward to this one.

• Great video with lots of juiciness :-)

Also a nice post from Joe over on the Xbox website which includes some stats since launch.
    E3 2018: Launch was Just the Beginning for Sea of Thieves

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/INFOGRAPHIC_JUNE18_02.jpg

• 10 gold sounds about right for the treasure chests - guess they’re nerfing the gold rates for skulls now too... 🤑💩

• That did look like Captain flame heart

• New weapon?

Cursed cannonball (rare to find, hard to acquire) used to ‘tag’ an enemy ship, tagged ship then has AI threat(s) spawned upon them.

Hmmm...

• @haydnsym45 said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

10 gold sounds about right for the treasure chests - guess they’re nerfing the gold rates for skulls now too... 🤑💩

Unless it’s 10k...

• @barnacle-blake said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

That did look like Captain flame heart

Almost. Different hat. His is Black.

• A couple of things about the potential for NPC ships.

I don't know if the skeleton ships really mean Rare going back on their word. First of all, at the risk of being facetious, the skeleton ships don't have much for sails in the trailer. I suspect the in game models will be similar. As such their long distance model should make it visually distinct compared to a player controlled ship. No sails no problem!

But that is assuming that the skeleton ships actually patrol. The implication is that they may be events similar to skeleton forts but at select outposts. An outpost is under siege and you need to dispel it to be able to use the outpost with loot as a reward. That tells me that the ships may not actually patrol abroad, but rather they linger around the outposts.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

• Great trailer! Looking forward to battling skeletal crews soon. And I'm looking forward to E3 interviews.

Between Microsoft and Bethesda, wow, what a day!

• Some snippets of quotes -

Cursed Sails - July 2018

The Sea of Thieves faces a harrowing new threat as the skeletons take to the waves. Setting sail in decrepit ships, the dead make war on the outposts with cursed cannonballs – but the introduction of the Brigantine ship gives smaller crews a new way to fight back!

We are also introducing a new ship type – the Brigantine – for up to three players to adventure on. This is the first new ship players will be able to get their hands on, and we are committed to continuing to expand the Sea of Thieves fleet.

Forsaken Shores - September 2018

The Sea of Thieves expands as a long-lost chain of volcanic islands emerge from the mists, blighted with violent eruptions that threaten unwary crews. Pirates become pioneers, revealing a brave new world that will test their mettle.

In September, Forsaken Shores will reveal a new part of the world that will test the skill and nerve of even the most hardened crews. This is a volcanic area, and any crews setting sail into this part of the Sea of Thieves will be committing to an arduous, difficult voyage filled with danger. Rocks will rain down from the skies, the seas will be rough and every adventure will be fraught with peril. Accompanying this, we are also introducing a Row Boat for players to use, supporting them in navigating this perilous new world.

E3 2018: Launch was Just the Beginning for Sea of Thieves

What's new with Sea of Thieves

Before all that though, we will be beginning our regular in-game events on June 12, when we introduce the time-limited Skeleton Thrones event to Sea of Thieves.

• So July for Cursed Sails.

I think late July seems likely.

So six weeks? Skeleton Thrones starts tomorrow right?

So will it be 1 week or 2 for Thrones?

If it's 1, then will we be getting another weekly after Thrones?

So many questions. Looking forward to hearing more about what's coming soon.

• Will the skeleton ships be boardable, can we steal their cannonball supplies, can we fight them on the decks... so many questions!!?

• Now that’s what I’m talking about!
    Great job everyone! 🐷☠️

• @katttruewalker The real question is... will they be able to board us?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ph6ewybUlGbW8/giphy.gif

• I love the troll at the end.
    Bringing something unique, unusual and valuable and get 10 coins for it.

It's like when you hand in a cursed chest which nearly sank you 10 times and you gto 569 coins.

• @katttruewalker said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

Will the skeleton ships be boardable, can we steal their cannonball supplies, can we fight them on the decks... so many questions!!?

can we steal their ships? ☠

• @musicmee said in Sea of Thieves: E3 2018 Trailer:

@katttruewalker The real question is... will they be able to board us?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ph6ewybUlGbW8/giphy.gif

Uhhhh.... good question...

• Guys that was such a great trailer. Funny and charming. So pleased you decided on a 2-3 man ship. That’s the perfect ship type for me and my mates.

Not too sure how I feel about an a.i ship. I love knowing every set of sails I see belongs to another player. I’m still looking forward to it regardless. My favourite game looking better and better.

That new biome 👌, well played Rare. A snowy/icy biome was my preferred choice but I’m still stoked for this. Really pleased it’s gonna look vastly different to everything else.

Views
1 out of 115