Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!

• I think the game would be better for it if events like this was there for good. In fact I think we should have characters and adventures like this all over the world in Sea of Thieves.

It enriches the game. Why would we want this to be removed for players that didn't get to do it in the two weeks it's live?

Views
  • @binaryplayerone I don't believe it will be removed. Didn't they mention something about it being a part of the game once the campaign ends? Like the kraken, I believe the meg will spawn places. As far as getting the items, I believe they said that those that don't get them in this campaign can purchase them at a later time.

• @reptartheory said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

@binaryplayerone I don't believe it will be removed. Didn't they mention something about it being a part of the game once the campaign ends? Like the kraken, I believe the meg will spawn places. As far as getting the items, I believe they said that those that don't get them in this campaign can purchase them at a later time.

the megaladon will be but not merrick and the quest and the rewards. From what I heard was it will be random like the kraken but hopefully nerfed a bit.

• @ve111a said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

@reptartheory said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:
    hopefully nerfed a bit.

lol RIP to solo sloops

• @binaryplayerone i think it'll be back in the weekly events update. along with other weekly quests.

• @maquark sagte in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

@ve111a said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

hopefully nerfed a bit.

lol RIP to solo sloops

I don't think the shark will follow you that far, so also a solo-sloop can get away from it

• @binaryplayerone

Meg will be around after the event as a random encounter in game...

Every time you play, there will be a chance of encountering the new A.I. threat and experience the new systems. The quest will highlight the stuff we're bringing into the game.

• They are not getting rid of the shark in 2 weeks. We will still have a way to fight him just might have to go about it a different way. tue sails and some stuff will be gone though

• @binaryplayerone do you know when the hungering deep event finishes?

• @binaryplayerone the only time exclusive items are Merrick's journals, his tattoo, and the shark trumpet and drum, after the event ends we should be getting normal versions of these items

• After the event ends expect Meg to roam like the kraken. THD gave us ways to summon her.

Next we learn how to appease her in open waters.

• @maquark said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

@ve111a said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

hopefully nerfed a bit.

lol RIP to solo sloops

Im thinking that, just like the kraken, it will only attack galleons.

• @rockinpodunk I guess it will spawn randomly whenever you have killed a bunch of sharks.

• My issue with the event is that because there are no repeatable rewards. It's getting very hard to find someone who still wants to do the event. I finished the "quest" the first day but haven't found the opportunity to go up against the big guy myself due to the fact that most people on a server have moved on to other things.

• @katttruewalker said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

@binaryplayerone

Meg will be around after the event as a random encounter in game...

Every time you play, there will be a chance of encountering the new A.I. threat and experience the new systems. The quest will highlight the stuff we're bringing into the game.

Yes I know this. My point however is that they should not remove Merrick and the quest he sends players on. Because it's just that sort of thing Sea of Thieves needs more of.

I think everyone had a blast going to Merrick and solving his riddles. Doing something else. It's a nice addition to the game. So I find it strange that they will remove it after around two weeks.

EDIT: To make it more interesting for others that have done it before to help out others. The shark could drop some chests etc when killed.

• As long as the flag, sails, figurehead, and hull are all still available after the event ends, I'll be right as rain.

• @galactic-geek said in Dont make The Hungering Deep a timed event!:

As long as the flag, sails, figurehead, and hull are all still available after the event ends, I'll be right as rain.

I think the only cosmetic that will go away after the event is the special figurehead you get for completing merrick's quest and killing the shark as part of the campaign. The rest I believe are here to stay

My question, is that right now, you can only get the drum and speaking trumpet from merrick's during the quest, so when the campaign is over in 2 weeks, will other players automatically get a generic version of them?

• @rockinpodunk
    I imagine so. I pulled out my speaking trumpet last night and it did one of those first time rendering hiccups where it shows the generic before rendering in the skin and there was a very basic trumpet starting out. I'm betting the shark themed ones are campaign locked and/or will be available via cash shop down the road.

• @binaryplayerone I don't think the event is going anywhere..it is just the limited rewards like the drum and speaking horn skin (because they said in patch notes there would be more skins later for them). The shark tattoos and the limited figure head..Other than those limited skins. Nothing is going anywhere..is how I understood it.

• @binaryplayerone
    I understand what you're saying by keeping Merrick and the quest around. Sort of turning each "Campaign" into a collection side quests.

However, I doubt Rare would go for this because they want everything they add into the game to be interchangeable so they can capitalize the most out of everything, and when you give something a permanent location it sort of limits what can be done with both the location and the added item/enemy/event.

In order for Rare to go for something like this it would have to be an event that is sometimes handed out by a faction, but chances are the Meg will just become a random encounter, or maybe we'll get a dumbed down version of this for weekly events.

• Also to add, notice that players have a “pattern” right now to play? Go to shark bait, look for people, go to ridge etc. Rare absolutely does not want the game to be that way. Constantly changing how you play to create your own unique story moments. So it wouldn’t make sense for this to stay in the same place forever. Hence why they will make Meg random (and agreed for the love of god she better be nerfed so I don’t have to run away all the time on my sloop!).

• Why would they nerf it when the kraken is underwhelming as it is? The Hungering One needs to keep its challenge. A nerfed “boss” encounter is way less fun than one with difficulty. I’d rather it sink me spectacularly than roll my eyes at it and keep sailing like I do when the kraken shows up. Which is also why I hope they do something about the kraken soon. The fact that it’s challenging gives players more incentive to sail together as well, which can make for interesting stories.

• @jorin33 I really hope so. MH:W cycles it's events, hopefully it will be similar.

• Exactly my thoughts. A game that lacks as much content as this soul's not be removing anything. There is no reason why this quest should not available to all players once.. other than that by drip feeding content for limited times keeps people on game pass renewing it each month to take part..

• Totally agree, being someone who put the game down waiting for a couple new updates to come out so me and my friends could come back mid summer and try all the new stuff at once. I’m very disappointed to see that the removed the best part of the expansion, yea I understand the new AI threat will still be in the world. But the most exciting part to me was that there was an actual quest in the world with some real backstory to it that gave me reason to play again but now I come back and see I missed the two week window and can’t do it again very disappointing.

• So as a new player this is no longer available geez. two week window holy cow maybe make it available for 3 months let some of us try the content before its gone. now there are mermaids. is that the same thing? its gone in two weeks?

• @Foxx5 they are also limited and will be ending this week. Be careful about reviving old threads as they will likely lock this and warn you about forum policy.

As a new player be ready for July 31, they are releasing Curaed Sails that day and will have limited content for tbe3 weeks after launch.

• As this thread was 2 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 3 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
27 out of 28